Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 10:24am

Mwah think this is abit different. Think Jackfrags, xFactor are guys why really speak their mind and know how shooter must be. And what the core must be. And involve them this early is i think a really good idea.

I think you're holding those 2 to overly high standards. There's nothing in Jackfrags' gameplay that reminds of "competitive". He's a casul™ who happens to be better than most noobs and streams/records. xFactor is, obviously, a better player than Jackfrags, but i don't know what he thinks an FPS should be; so, i'll refrain from comment.

• "Azaí" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 10:29am

"do not focus your video on the negative aspects" and "do not highlight bugs."

Mwah think this is abit different. Think Jackfrags, xFactor are guys why really speak their mind and know how shooter must be. And what the core must be. And involve them this early is i think a really good idea.

I think you're holding those 2 to overly high standards. There's nothing in Jackfrags' gameplay that reminds of "competitive". He's a casul™ who happens to be better than most noobs and streams/records. xFactor is, obviously, a better player than Jackfrags, but i don't know what he thinks an FPS should be; so, i'll refrain from comment.

Most of them will make suggestions that fit with their playstyle. Which does not improve the game in any way, at best it makes it different.
To improve the gameplay they have to reach a large number of players and not just some YTbers which want to be able to get the best possible video.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 10:32am

"do not focus your video on the negative aspects" and "do not highlight bugs."

What else is left?m Right, the good things... and some minor issues which I mentioned...
You are one of the most fussy users Ive seen here... unbelievable...

Because precision is everything. If you do not feel like "precision" and "distinction" are important, then why are you on here? Symthic values accuracy.

I have just clearly shown you what an accurate interpretation of what the Youtubers are allowed to show looks like.

Again, you're missing the point. Not putting the bugs and negatives as the main point (what the contract actually says) is very different from not allowed to say anything bad at all (what you think the contract says).
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 10:50am

Here is 15mins of some guy screwing around in game, I'll buy it

MEGA

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 1:21pm

I think those guys have a good idea what is bad in a shooter and what is good. Both are quite against screenshake, clutter on screen, bad netcode and weird supression.
So if they have a influence on that. They have my full support.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 1:24pm

I think those guys have a good idea what is bad in a shooter and what is good. Both are quite against screenshake, clutter on screen, bad netcode and weird supression.

Right. Again, I really doubt their ability to know what's good for Battlefield if they can't get their basic facts straight. This applies moreso for xFactor than JF but still, I think you're putting them up on too high of a pedestal.
Data Browser

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 1:35pm

I get it, but i think any one player you'd recruit to provide feedback would say the exact same things. I suppose the difference is in the details (like damage balance, recoil values, etc).

Also, i hope you simply forgot to include visual recoil in your list. That's a big one.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 1:49pm

Also, i hope you simply forgot to include visual recoil in your list. That's a big one.

Let's be honest, the majority of the Battlefield community has no idea what Visual Recoil is. I've seen at least 10 different movements to try and get its recognition. Each one died out fairly fast.

And as for the portion that do know about it, even less know what it actually is. AFAIK, the majority of people just think that it's "crosshairs aren't aligned when firing" and ask for its removal without realizing what they're implicating.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 2:32pm

"Various Battlefield personalities within the competitive and YouTube communities are making clear their involvement in the development process of Visceral Games’ upcoming cops vs. criminals shooter, Battlefield Hardline.Allegedly, they’re calling it EA’s “Game Changer” program, which, judging by tweets from participants, aims to utilize feedback from some of Battlefield’s most hardcore audience members to better shape the game as it marches closer to launch this Fall.
According to reports, it appears that a handful of these individuals took part in a recent play test of sorts at EA’s headquarters where they got some hands-on time with the game and supplied Visceral developers with valuable feedback.|

Game design influenced by ESL tryhards and yootoobers? Does not sound good at all.
bob

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 2:54pm

Game design influenced by ESL tryhards and yootoobers? Does not sound good at all.

Can't be worse than DICE. :P