Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 2:29pm

@NoctyrneSAGA : I stand corrected that some police forces use stuff like this. However this still counts: Police Forces are not military forces. Killing people, collateral damage as presented in the video, even engaging fleeing criminals with choppers and their miniguns, is not standard police practice. Lethal force is, even in the US, the last resort. Minimal personal and property damage is the guiding idea behind police work. Law enforcement, means just this, enforce the law, by abiding it. That is why I feel disgusted by the trailer and it's inauthenticity, CS is more authentic AND realistic than this.

Of course there seem to be non-lethal methods, but real policework rarely boils down to breaching and risking everyone's life in the progress. That is my biggest gripe with the game so far, it deludes my idea of the BF franchise quite a bit. I am not against the fun and self-irony of the BC2 campaign and I will probably be rather fine with the SP of Hardline, I just want that shit to stay away from the Multiplayer.

Edit: I believe Azai meant that there were indeed not players but mostly AI in the footage of the trailer, likely a previously recorded and programmed confrontation for demonstration purposes. Undoubtedly there will be two factions in this game.

• "Azaí" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 2:33pm

Idk. But this just looked like it was AI on one site and players on the other.
My main problem with this game atm is, that it looks like SP in MP.
Like they tell you to go to that place and do that, then do that and so on and so on.
That seems like it misses a lot of the freedom that Battlefield offers.
I really hope there is a Conquest-like mode.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,292)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 2:33pm

I stand corrected that some police forces use stuff like this. However this still counts: Police Forces are not military forces. Killing people, collateral damage as presented in the video, even engaging fleeing criminals with choppers and their miniguns, is not standard police practice. Lethal force is, even in the US, the last resort. Minimal personal and property damage is the guiding idea behind police work. Law enforcement, means just this, enforce the law, by abiding it. That is why I feel disgusted by the trailer and it's inauthenticity, CS is more authentic AND realistic than this.

Of course there seem to be non-lethal methods, but real policework rarely boils down to breaching and risking everyone's life in the progress. That is my biggest gripe with the game so far, it deludes my idea of the BF franchise quite a bit. I am not against the fun and self-irony of the BC2 campaign and I will probably be rather fine with the SP of Hardline, I just want that shit to stay away from the Multiplayer.

I don't know what police force you're describing, but from what I've seen in the news, police brutality and the use of excessive force is expected.

The hunt for Christopher Dorner? Police officers see a truck and they immediately start pumping rounds into it, over 86 shots IIRC. Who was inside? Two old ladies doing their routine newspaper delivery. Yeah, just another day in good ol' MURIKA.

Oh, and don't even get me started about the sexual assaults, beatings, and other abuses of power.

As a matter of fact, it is my personal opinion that for the most part, "protecting and serving" is the least of their interests, but that's reading too much into conspiracy theories.

I once heard someone say that "The police are no different from a legal gang." I initially wrote it off as lunacy. Now, I see cops getting away with so much it's hard not to think of them as bullies.

That seems like it misses a lot of the freedom that Battlefield offers.
I really hope there is a Conquest-like mode.

That's because these are the modes specific to BFH to go with the police v. criminals theme.

Previous game modes haven't been written off yet.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (May 28th 2014, 2:40pm)

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 2:48pm

@NoctyrneSAGA
That sp tl;dr made me laugh hard, caught.
May be a fun game if true. A CS like might work if done well enough

Sent from phone.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,292)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 2:49pm

@MrT3a

As soon as they said "Miami detective" and "inspired by television cop dramas" I just had to put that in.
Data Browser

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 3:01pm

I'm out 0/10 will not be buying
theaha for president!!!

"RIP Flare Glitch. 10/1/13-11/25/13. The game will never be the same without you." - Labby

• "Azaí" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 3:31pm

Anyways...

Imo there are way too many BF4 assets too. Obviously this is like Beta, but everything in this video reminds me of BF4 or is even c&p from it.
The sounds, weapon models, animations.
Sounds will probably change, but doubt that the rest it will look different from BF4.
And Frostbite 3 can easily look different. Why do the maps still look that empty although they are much smaller?

Let's wait till E3. But I feel this game will be worse than MoH:WF.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,292)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 3:37pm

Imo there are way too many BF4 assets too. Obviously this is like Beta, but everything in this video reminds me of BF4 or is even c&p from it.
The sounds, weapon models, animations.
Sounds will probably change, but doubt that the rest it will look different from BF4.
And Frostbite 3 can easily look different. Why do the maps still look that empty although they are much smaller?

You already answered your own question.

It's a prototype. When you're prototyping, you don't generate new content unless absolutely necessary.

If you can repurpose old stuff, you do it. The point isn't to make it look pretty. The point is to show your concepts and how they work in practice.

Hell, they could very well have done everything without textures or sounds and it'd probably be able to do its job.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (May 28th 2014, 3:53pm)

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 3:52pm

Confirmed, expandas on the transport choppers. Stinger's still going through choppers main doors confirmed too.
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Date of registration
: May 20th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 4:34pm

I see grapple guns and ziplines and immediately think bf2 special forces. Not sure really, it could be good but I'd rather see more gameplay before judging, which part of DICE is doing the MP? LA or Stockholm?