Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 11:40am

Possible Battlefield 5 revealed at E3

So next month there is the E3 coming up and with it a lot of announcements will be made, I personally hope that Fallout 4 will be announced. Also DICE itself has a lot to show with possible Gameplay of Mirror's Edge 2 and Star Wars Battlefront. However, I read today on a german gaming site, about a rumour that Battlefield 5 will be announced and under the title Battlefield 5: SWAT. That is about all that the rumour is about, tha guy who made it up, is known for rather precise predictions or knowledge, so there might a certain truth into it. Here is the news, for those speaking german:

[url=http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/battlefield-4/news/battlefield_5,47443,3056080.html]Battlefield: S.W.A.T. - Gerüchte zum BF5-Titel und zu den E3-Plänen - News - GameStar.de[/url]

Well, if that happens the content will be rather clear I guess. So we would be switching scenarios from a military to a police shooter. I do not have a problem with that really as I think as a kind of spin-off, this makes sense. However I think it should not run under the Battlefield franchise, as it can clearly not be a battlefield game. As the scenarios, maps and gamemodes will be bound to certain style likely mostly Close Quarters urban maps on modes like Rush, Defuse and TDM. There is no real room for a lot of vehicles either, certainly no tanks and jets. I also do not see the place for 64 players on servers either.
Furthermore BF4 and it's predecessors, were always straightforward shooters with tactical elements, while police shooters like Rainbow Six, should always be real slow tactical shooters, otherwise the scenario does not really make sense I always thought the CS background was a bit fishy. Yet of course you could always "dumb it down" a bit to make it applealing to large crowds and, to an extent to me. :D

As said the scenario is just as good as any other, and it of course opens up more options and features if you do it right. Thinking about it, you could make it have a strong co-op component and extensive squad gameplay which would turn out really nice, as co-op is sorely missing in BF4.

I posted this in Q&A, because it is not validated, if Discussions arise, we can switch it back, I just thought I share. :)

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 11:52am

Eh... I dunno how I feel about a police shooter. It seems kind of a step backwards from all the stuff we have available as a military shooter, as obviously police forces have less variety in weapons than the military. I don't really see why DICE would want to go down this road personally. When I think battlefield I think, big maps, lots of vehicles to choose from and lots of weapons to choose from. If we're playing a police shooter we wouldn't have access to tanks, jets and attack helicopters etc. I can see the potential, I suppose for a more infantry focused game if they made a police shooter. I just don't know if I'd be on board with it personally after having played with all the cool toys in military shooters. It just doesn't seem like it would fit as a Battlefield game. That's just my two cents anyway.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:03pm

I thought this was already debunked?! basically the counter argument was that EA is planning a police game on the basis of the Frostbite Engine. Somehow people assumed it would be the next BF installment, which makes zero sense.
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:12pm

I do not know, I just read about it today. Well anyway as said I find it a logical step for a spin-off or new franchise that copies a lot of mechanics from the BF series.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:21pm

The "BF5 Police game" rumor has not been debunked. That doesn't mean that it is true of course, but the original rumors about the police game explicitly said "battlefield" and never mentioned "frostbite". We'll just have to wait and see. If there's no announcement at E3 then the rumor is probably false.

BTW, it's very unlikely that there will be a Fallout 4 announced at E3, Pete Hines of Bethesda recently tweeted that they won't be saying anything about their next game for a long time.
bob

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:22pm

BTW, it's very unlikely that there will be a Fallout 4 announced at E3, Pete Hines of Bethesda recently tweeted that they won't be saying anything about their next game for a long time.

You just killed me on the inside.

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:32pm

I do not know, I just read about it today. Well anyway as said I find it a logical step for a spin-off or new franchise that copies a lot of mechanics from the BF series.

the rumour has been around for months now, but I am not saying there's won't be a police based game based on Frostbite, just saying that I doubt it will be called Battlefield 4: SWAT, rather something like Urban Warfare: SWAT Intervention
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:36pm

I hope they will not release a BF5 so soon. Not until late 2015
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:36pm

I doubt it will be called Battlefield 4: SWAT, rather something like Urban Warfare: SWAT Intervention

This would make more sense then it being BF: SWAT. If it's a police shooter it wouldn't really be a 'Battlefield' game like I stressed above.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:51pm

EA loves to milk franchises for all they're worth. I have no problem imagining them labelling a police game as "battlefield" if they thought it would increase sales.
bob