Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "spaceflaffy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, September 5th 2016, 12:06am

Case for the AWS

The AWS is a bolt-action sniper rifle available to all classes. It has stats similar but not equivalent to the AWM. The handicap that users face with the AWS is the integral suppressor. This is one of my favorite sniper rifles to use. It is not an easy weapon to use; more like the opposite. The point of this thread is to have players give the AWS a try, and my recommended loadout includes either an ACOG optic or a 6x scope. The AWS facilitates sniping in a stealthy manner depending on the optic used. The kicker is that players can all be stealthy, sniping, and carrying gadgets not tied to the professional kit. Some examples include sniping while firing 40mm grenades at passing vehicles, dropping ammo for the team, setting up sabotage traps, healing the team, setting up breaching charge traps, and more I need not list.

The AWS is versatile in the attachments category. Many accessories and optics can be added to suit anyone's sniping playstyle. I recommend the ACOG optic for sniping from <= 150m away. You will only have to aim the "t" under the red circle over your target to get a headshot I believe. 200m sniping is possible, but because the ACOG optic has sway that cannot be mitigated, I would recommend a 6x or higher optic for extreme long range(I consider that to be 200m and further away). I personally do not use extended mag on my AWS, but the option is there; I use straight pull. To learn the proper height to aim above a guy's head boils down to experience. If you have the software, use shadowplay or the gaming evolved program when you get a kill at 100m and every increment of 50m after 100. I myself play on Xbox One most of the time. I have little experience with the AWS on PC but I did get a headshot kill on one server playing the normal preset.

The AWS is like the RO933 .300 BLK and the M110K5: These guns allow the player to play outside the limitations of a class. I hear a lot of negative things about the AWS on the internet and I feel they are unjustified unless the user puts kills into the weapon as a measure of experience. You might like playing sniper as an operator.