Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "spaceflaffy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 9:21pm

My computer crashed while playing Heist on Backwoods with a red screen.

I know this isn't customer support but this forum is largely a PC crowd and I thought they should be the first to know. Is that one of many ways Hardline crashes on computers and forces a reboot? It was a completely red screen and a long buzzing sound played before the computer shut down. If anyone wants to know my specs I would be happy to post them.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 9:28pm

had that a lot of times, it is not directly related to hardline, presumably it's gpu or cpu over heat, run a monitoring program while playing, and see what temperatures it reaches, usually for amd componenets the crash temperatures are about 100+ - C for the gpu and 70 for the cpu(i think? usually my gpu reaches crash temperatures much earlier than cpu, so i dunno), at least that is my case, various fixes include:
cleaning your pc, applying new thermal paste, downclocking your hardware, limiting the fps and game quality, buying new hardware.

but first of all check if it actually is an overheating issue(it probably is by the way you described it)

it may also be a driver or voltage issue, maybe you overclocked your cpu too heavily? after i lowered my fx6300 overclock from 4 to about 3.8, i got a lot less of this kind of pc crash, but they still happen sometimes, although very rarely, now the issue i'm having after buying a ps4 is that my screen when playing youtube videos on pc seems to be giving kind of a scanlines issue when something moves(very noticable if slow scrolling or by moving the cursor when a video is on background)
weird shit, but it doesn't happen while playing games iirc, so i don't bother too much with it.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 9:47pm

had that a lot of times, it is not directly related to hardline, presumably it's gpu or cpu over heat, run a monitoring program while playing, and see what temperatures it reaches, usually for amd componenets the crash temperatures are about 100+ - C for the gpu and 70 for the cpu(i think? usually my gpu reaches crash temperatures much earlier than cpu, so i dunno), at least that is my case, various fixes include:
cleaning your pc, applying new thermal paste, downclocking your hardware, limiting the fps and game quality, buying new hardware.

but first of all check if it actually is an overheating issue(it probably is by the way you described it)
I think I had my Radeon Settings Profile Overdrive too high. It's an OEM machine so it is crippled as is. I'm going to build a new PC.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 10:03pm

Actually I got another red screen from loading a game of Heist on Dustbowl. I don't what I am doing wrong when I reset my overdrive settings and changed the resolution so that the game runs at 30fps.