Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "spaceflaffy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, August 18th 2016, 6:25am

Visceral's decision to not include performance servers in quick match.

This kind of only applies to console. Visceral will make choices disregarding if it will make them money or not. If DICE would include 45hz servers in Battlefield 4 quick match I don't see why the same can't be done for Hardline. The description of the performance preset does say that some gadgets and weapons are banned but I never found out which ones.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, August 18th 2016, 10:53am

I might be coming behind slow, but do console servers even have higher rate servers on BF4/BFH? I don't play on consoles and haven't checked on them, but at least back when higher rates were new-ish only PC had them.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 18th 2016, 7:48pm

Competitive matchmaking uses 60hz servers and I rented a server on the X1 and set it to 60hz. There are servers in the wild that are set to 60hz but they cannot be connected to via quick match and are often empty. This supplements my theory that players on X1 are too damn casual when it come to Battlefield Hardline.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, August 18th 2016, 7:53pm

To be fair it's a lot easier to just select quick match on consoles instead of scrolling through servers. People (and non casuals) play on official servers on PC too because those servers are un-modded with no VIP kicks or other stupid addons or 3000 ticket lockers/metros.
Can't really blame the users for their most convenient option for casual gameplay doesn't include higher rates. I don't know why they are not more popular on BFH though, might be some technical difficulties: BF4 had bunch of hardcoded values for 30Hz that needed fixing before they could 'release' higher rates.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 19th 2016, 12:04am

I get why someone would like to play on an official server, just in BF4, since it became free 2 play for a week hackers are common; that is the only bad thing I could think of. Nobody told me about technical difficulties on the Hardline subreddit so either there are none or the posters are ill informed.