Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "freedomofnow" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 14th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, March 7th 2016, 1:46pm

Hardline Specific Attachments..

Hey guys. Just wondering if you had any plans to add the stats for the hardline specific attachments for sniper rifles? The .338 magnum rounds to be precise. It might change bullet velocity, RPM and even (supposedly) bullet drop, so it would be very interesting to see what the effects were. Especially now with the M98B in the game which basically has the .338 built in. It would be nice being able to compare RPM/velocity with the AWM/700LTR to see how they fare against eachother.

Cheers.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, March 7th 2016, 1:54pm

I started working on those ages ago when I was first implementing BFH to Symthic. However we can't really get most accurate numbers out from it (damage wise) because many of these new bullets use special materials which tells the damage multiplier against certain things (eg. magnum does more dmg against vehicles than normal bullet). We don't have access to this so we can't output the damage numbers. Velocity, RPM etc would be doable but they wouldn't tell enough to be worth of adding to Symthic.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "freedomofnow" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 4:33pm

Ah I see. So the RPM and velocity/bullet drop values could be entered but damage obviously is a different story then I take it?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 6:17pm

Ah I see. So the RPM and velocity/bullet drop values could be entered but damage obviously is a different story then I take it?

Yeah. We could assume torso (almost) always has 1.0x multiplier but this is not the case even with regular bullets in BF4, so numbers could be way off :|
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 10:20pm

What about the AP Tracer Rounds? Same problem there?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 10:33pm

What about the AP Tracer Rounds? Same problem there?

Yeah. Those were actually the first ones that made me realize they could be using very different material multipliers (changes in vehicle damage, going through riot shield etc).

Basically any projectile/upgrade that is something along lines "increased damage against X" does it via multipliers and can makes things fuzzy. This is why it took a lot of time to even create proper vehicle pages for BF4 in the first place.