Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 29th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 29th 2016, 5:00pm

We manually checked assault rifles, battle rifles, sniper rifles, pistols and so on. There are significant differences in the balance sheet on the PC.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, March 29th 2016, 5:10pm

We manually checked assault rifles, battle rifles, sniper rifles, pistols and so on. There are significant differences in the balance sheet on the PC.

Can you elaborate these changes (eg. was it damage? spread? recoil?). I could check the files again just to make sure, but that has to wait till Thursday.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 29th 2016, 6:32pm

Just checked while shooting close Max damage:

SCAR-H, HCAR - 32 instead 33
Bald Eagle - 44 instead 45
AKM - 27 instead 28
G17 - 24 instead 25
R700 - 85 instead 90
M12S - 23 instead 24
M416 - 23 instead 24

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration

Tuesday, March 29th 2016, 6:54pm

Health indicator is known to be wonky not 100% accurate to one-digit accuracy. It could be rounding downwards the health value, and thus when you subtract 100.0 - 33.0 you get 66.0 instead of 67.0 because of float inaccuracy (the 33.0 is more like 33.000002 or so). This is just an example but seems like that's what is happening here.

Are you sure you tested R700 at max damage and hit the torso without any body armor etc? Site value is correct based on files. They could also be using multiplier grid to modify sniper damage values (which we can't read) but I doubt that.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 29th 2016, 8:17pm

Shoot to torso of Operator

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration

Tuesday, March 29th 2016, 8:32pm

Shoot to torso of Operator

Then it could be a multiplier thing. Altho IIRC they mentioned somewhere they tweaked snipers to do 90 damage but I can't seem to find the source, so it must be my brain imagining things.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 10:35am

Thanks