Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 1:45am

dice pls

Something is wrong with this statement

How 'bout "DICE, please help your colleagues at Visceral"?
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 6:40pm

It is just so stupid. The more I look at it, the less sense it makes. Geez, if there is one thing working decently in BF4 it is the weapon balance. And here we have this.

Damage dropoff starting at 8m is not decent to start with but reaching min damage within 20m or even less is the most ridiculous thing especially considering that some ARs lose damage at 40m. Even if the average engagement distance is similar to BF4 at 17m, most weapons will be rather useless there. I do doubt that the average distance is much smaller than in BF4 to justify this kind of gunplay mechanic.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 7:35pm

welp, i guess that EA learned something from this: let visceral do visceral things, not frikkin shooters that should have at least some resemblance of balance and that "should" make sense.

i can't think of a single weapon except the l96 that makes sensein this game.
oh wait, noteven the l96 does because every other gun doesn't.

i mean, i normally don't bash onto SH, but this reallycan't be left alone, even if it's just on the cte and(hopefully) won't make it in the final game, it's all just too much fucked up.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 7:43pm

I don't think it's really "worse" than the "old" damage model in terms of balance. Reducing everything's damage does rather little to upset the balance further. Some things were shifted, but overall it's just the old crappy non-existent balance with longer TTKs that might even make it more apparent.

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, February 10th 2016, 12:23am

That double barrel shotgun damage model, doe.

30 to 5 damage over 5 meters (reaching min damage already at 8 meters is quite impressive in itself). Isn't that some kind of record?

8 meters is still extreme CQB ffs...
Hello darkness my old friend

Visceral dun gooved again

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, February 23rd 2016, 12:44am

Am I the only person that LIKES the fast TTK in Hardline anyway?

Of course, I only play hardcore mode in BF3 and BF4 precisely because I dislike the bullet sponge "spread-gambing" effect I feel when playing core. (That is, often letting the random spread of the last few shots in a gun battle determine who wins) so I might be a tad biased.

In fact I sort of wish there was a populated server in BF4 that was Hardcore *except* kept the minimap for the purpose of giving silencers a reason to live. That is the only thing I find myself missing playing HC. And that is sort of what I get with playing core mode in Hardline. Fast TTK but with a minimap.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 23rd 2016, 1:05am

Of course, I only play hardcore mode in BF3 and BF4 precisely because I dislike the bullet sponge "spread-gambing" effect I feel when playing core. (That is, often letting the random spread of the last few shots in a gun battle determine who wins) so I might be a tad biased.

You might be interested to know that "spread gambling" is actually not an accurate description of the mechanic and its effects. I'd suggest you do some digging into what spread increase does and what you're supposed to do with it.

I'm sure you're not the only one who prefers a fast TTK. In CoD4 I mostly played hardcore mode, but I've grown quite attached to longer firefights since then.

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, February 23rd 2016, 3:06am

You might be interested to know that "spread gambling" is actually not an accurate description of the mechanic and its effects. I'd suggest you do some digging into what spread increase does and what you're supposed to do with it.

I'm sure you're not the only one who prefers a fast TTK. In CoD4 I mostly played hardcore mode, but I've grown quite attached to longer firefights since then.
I'll concede that perhaps I was using a bit of hyperbole in calling it gambling, I know you are supposed to tap fire for less spread but there have been enough combat situations I've had in core where the spread increase mechanic was a big part of why I won or lost a gun battle.

Of course, for me, great gun battling isn't even mainly what I want out of a fast TTK. I want to be sufficiently rewarded for getting the jump on a target and being able to wipe a squad before they even knew what hit them. Which is something that is nearly impossible to do in core. As you can imagine, getting 1 or 2 kills alerts my opponents of my presence and gives a very generous amount of time to surrounding enemies to react. Mainly because I find myself having to reload or switch to a sidearm after just 1 or 2 kills that most of the time my only reward for being careful in my execution of attack is a kill trade, while in HC I might not only take many down I might live long enough to reach a medic and continue a long kill streak.

Such a slow TTK actually ends up over emphasizing TTK as a stat for weapons. When I play games with a slow TTK I almost always use the weapon with the fastest TTK possible (for its range class anyway) and ignore almost everything else and then I get bored quickly because of that.

And some weapons that are painfully under powered in core suddenly become on par with the other weapons in HC. Take the Type 88 in BF3 for example, the weapon was marginally more accurate than average due to the slower firing rate but that did not matter, it ended up being considered one of the worst weapons in BF3 because of its molasses slow TTK. Playing in HC on the other hand, the weapon's slower TTK mattered much less and suddenly it became a decent weapon, and the fast TTK weapons generally speaking stayed good in HC as well because TTK was still a factor, just a less dominating one.

Weirdly, I actually find HC in all the CoDs to be excessively fast TTK with an overly low 30 HP, not just because I dislike the TTK itself but because it makes certain weapons numerically and categorically inferior to everything else. Whatever AR that dealt 30 damage per shot with the best RoF was king really ripping the balance to shreds and making large swaths of the weapons flat out inferior and encouraged more spray and pray and wallbanging.

With 60 HP in BF3 and BF4 it hits a sweet spot of fast TTK but retains good weapon balance. Same with Core in Hardline. Bringing CoD up again, I would have liked Black Ops 2 had the HP been set to about 75.

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 23rd 2016, 3:20am

Very remarkable news, and only because this could be the only example (or one of the exceptionally few examples) of a multiplayer shooter having different balancing on PC vs consoles.

People have been asking for that approach to balance for the last 10 years...but the last thing I expected to see was Visceral pulling it in Hardline.

I don't think Visceral are doing this to "revive" Hardline on PC (which is silly). More likely EA just want to test what happens with platform-specific balancing, and with Hardline on PC being barely alive there's no risk of a massive backlash.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, February 26th 2016, 2:38pm

I don't like it. When they've done it to BF4 - I've quit playing it. Guns like SCAR-H, M240B etc just become useless.
So same here. Insanely low TTK - is a key feature in that game. Without it BFH would be more like crap "BF4 CQ addon". If they really want to lower TTK - lower the firerate, not the damage. I hate situations, where I'm behind 3 bros and can't kill them with single mag.

I don't think Visceral are doing this to "revive" Hardline on PC (which is silly). More likely EA just want to test what happens with platform-specific balancing, and with Hardline on PC being barely alive there's no risk of a massive backlash.

They have QTE for testing. I like this game and I don't like this idea - I've bought a different product. Imagine, that you bought a FIFA16 and after six month EA changed men's teams to women's teams - so you're no longer can score goals with a cannon-strike shots, only with a gentle touches.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "kazei009" (Feb 26th 2016, 2:45pm)