Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "james9120" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, January 6th 2016, 11:33pm

Does anybody else just suck with the M60?

I love the idea of the M60, heavy, powerful, slow RPM. But the gun just feels like it sucks. It's very inaccurate and doesn't feel like it kills. I've used it a lot too. From tapping the trigger to spraying, nothing works.

I tried both ergo and stubby with HB. Nothing seems to improve.

Any tips?

I play on console so 30hz servers.

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 7th 2016, 1:00am

Inb4
@ViperFTW
Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, January 7th 2016, 1:51am

have you tried the bipod?
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 7th 2016, 4:09am

Quoted

have you tried the bipod?

Not yet actually, good suggestion. I'll have to change my playing style more suited for that.

bboypaktailo

Ruining people's shows since 2014

(424)

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, January 7th 2016, 4:54am

Using an MG, well notably a GPMG will have to make you change your playstyle.
You can go balls blazing and yolo, yes. But the M60 is really much more suited to a more medium range suppressing fire type, hence the bipod suggestion.

I'm only proud of my BF3 stats. I've barely played BF4.
I am a proud member of the Church of The One True Tohsaka. Our one and only Goddess!

Spoiler Spoiler

Starting the usual old members style of putting random quotes in signatures
You go up to a girl and say you're part of the most elite Battlefield 3 forum.
instasex.

This is Symthic: Game Science not Symthic : I felt it in my balls.

How to fix hitreg:
1. Go to server browser
2. Join 3rd world country server with 40000000 ping
3. Enjoy

Spoiler Spoiler

And.... I banged the fucking computer box yet again last night.... She had moved it a bit, but not to a better spot <.<

WAT. YOU BANGED IT?

All those open ports where just too much temptation for him...

Now this section is woowee special. This, is when DaRubester is drunk.
I think I should sacrifice part of my sigs just for when Rube is drunk.

DOOOIT MANG. ILL REP U NBRO

Currently playing: Dota 2, CS:GO
Playing on PS2 Emulator: Suikoden series

Date of registration
: Aug 15th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, January 9th 2016, 10:39am

Haven't used this weapon much but from what I've read this is a tap-fire machine.

Makes sense due to it's low first shot RM and relatively high spread decrease.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, January 9th 2016, 6:17pm

Using an MG, well notably a GPMG will have to make you change your playstyle.
You can go balls blazing and yolo, yes. But the M60 is really much more suited to a more medium range suppressing fire type, hence the bipod suggestion.

The problem is that as a bipod MG, the M60 isn't even any good. With the bipod cancelling out its slight accuracy advantages over the other GPMGs, you might as well use the M240B or the PKP for the better ROF. That said, none of them are as effective on the bipod as an M249/ MG4 due to the GPMGs new nerfed long range damage and low ROF. The M249 and MG4 are also arguably more manageable off the bipod and can wreck up close in much the same way.

The PKP might be ok but for its balls muzzle velocity and when using a GPMG you are also working with half the amount of ammo you would otherwise have (and the M60s ridiculous reload times to boot!).

The Type 88 is probably a better choice too as it is far more manageable off the bipod and has amazing muzzle velocity which is incredibly important for hitting long range targets that will start changing direction and hopping about all over the place when you open fire. It is pretty good at everything, but best at nothing except maybe extreme range bipod shooting (The new Dragon Valley map is great for this).

The current state of GPMGs is disgraceful, especially after they were such killing machines on the bipod in BF3. In the current build of BF4, they are only really effective at point blank range where their low TTK comes into effect. At any other range you basically just have to pray to the spread gods that the few bullets you get off will go somewhere in the general direction the weapon is facing.

TL;DR Trading away all your accuracy, muzzle velocity, half your ammo and a lot of your ROF is not worth 1 less bullet to kill at all ranges. Maybe bring back the 4 hit kill at long range and we'll talk.

(Viper, you more than anyone should be pissed at this game's treatment of the M60. One sexy new battlepickup version with explody rounds shouldn't distract us from the sodomizing that GPMGs have suffered in BF4).

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, January 9th 2016, 6:48pm

I love the idea of the M60, heavy, powerful, slow RPM. But the gun just feels like it sucks. It's very inaccurate and doesn't feel like it kills. I've used it a lot too. From tapping the trigger to spraying, nothing works.

Any tips?

Don't see how you can get that feeling, honestly. The combination of damage and fire rate means that its TTK is still higher than every automatic up-to-and-including the ACE 23, at all ranges! That combined with high controllability of its low fire rate and low recoil should mean that its accurate to a "T" no matter where you stick it.
...Guess its not for everyone after all?

Could try using it without the hbar, the added recoil could be throwing your aim off somewhat. I'd stick with the ergo and stubby if you don't feel the need to use the bipod.

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Raging Spectra by Drastus!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 3:30am

Quoted

Any tips?

Don't see how you can get that feeling, honestly. The combination of damage and fire rate means that its TTK is still higher than every automatic up-to-and-including the ACE 23, at all ranges! That combined with high controllability of its low fire rate and low recoil should mean that its accurate to a "T" no matter where you stick it.
...Guess its not for everyone after all?

Could try using it without the hbar, the added recoil could be throwing your aim off somewhat. I'd stick with the ergo and stubby if you don't feel the need to use the bipod.

I'll try without the HB, forgot about that option.

Would you prefer a stubby or ergo?

It just feels extremely inaccurate. I get laid out pretty easily against any weapons, even if I have the advantage of shooting first.

It could just be me, but I'll try without the HB first.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 12:19pm

I'll try without the HB, forgot about that option.

Would you prefer a stubby or ergo?

It just feels extremely inaccurate. I get laid out pretty easily against any weapons, even if I have the advantage of shooting first.

Both stubby and ergo provide their own advantages. As a rule of thumb: If you're constantly shooting bursts longer than ~10 rounds then stubby is better, but if you're using shorter 2-3 round bursts more often then use ergo. Ergo makes the start of fire more accurate, stubby makes the end more accurate :)

Well there's you're problem right there! This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Raging Spectra by Drastus!