Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "james9120" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 8:33pm

What's the current state of shotguns as of Dec. 2015?

I can't find much data on the different shotguns, attachments and bullets to use.

I've been using the SPAS but I'm sure there's better out there.

I'm on console if it makes any difference.
Thanks!

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 9:06pm

BF4 Shotgun stats - All information about shotguns | Symthic

You can find most of the info you need there. Attachments section lists the spread/recoil changes of chokes. Mod choke usually reduces pellet spread radius by 12.5% and full choke 25%.

Also fletchette has slightly tighter spread cone and has slight penetration while buckshot has none.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, May 16th 2016, 1:30am

BF4 Shotgun stats - All information about shotguns | Symthic

You can find most of the info you need there. Attachments section lists the spread/recoil changes of chokes. Mod choke usually reduces pellet spread radius by 12.5% and full choke 25%.

Also fletchette has slightly tighter spread cone and has slight penetration while buckshot has none.
I can't find the full attatchment stats for shotguns on the attatchments page? Also I can't find the base pellet cone for each shotgun/ammo type.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, May 16th 2016, 10:10am

I can't find the full attatchment stats for shotguns on the attatchments page? Also I can't find the base pellet cone for each shotgun/ammo type.

Oh my bad! I don't know what I was thinking back when I was writing that, but we don't have shotgun attachments listed on site (chockes). Grips etc still do the same for shotguns tho.

And pellet cones are not listed. They are unique for each shotgun weapon. I did make a table showing and shared it on forums but I can't find it anymore :s (and gotta dash, so can't spend time finding it)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Sep 10th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, May 27th 2016, 9:34am

What about frag damage to vehicles? USAS 12 specifically.