Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Rawrgle" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 10:33am

Favourite PDW setups post Spring patch

My setups:
MP7: HBAR + Laser - All rounder, good hipfgire but easily controllable at medium range with a decent reload
P90: HBAR + Laser - Similar to above, slightly less accurate but more controllable in longer bursts
CZ-3A1 - Silencer + potato - Not sure if an ergo would be a better fit here, but I tend to use this as my up close quick killer, great for the indoor maps with its still great reload (even after minor nerf)

SR2 and MPX seem decent but unreliable at anything past short range, they just seem outclassed tby those mentioned above.
PDW-R feels weaker somehow, it was the only PDW I really used before patch (apart from the occasional CZ stint). It was my 'assault rifle stand-in' before.
JS2 deserves an honorable mention because it is now finally usable and competes with the p90 at mid range but doesn't seem as great across the board.

Also quick question, where it is an option on the PDW do you guys prefer ergo or potato now?

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Rawrgle" (Jun 11th 2015, 11:37am)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 10:42am

SR2 and MPX have 2hkhs abilities, but slightly inferior stats otherwise to make up for that.
PDR uses carbine bullet, has worse 5hk ranges than PDWs.

JS2 laser hipfire
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 10:43am

P90 Comp Laser

Hipfire all day errday
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "Rawrgle" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 10:44am

P90 Comp Laser

Hipfire all day errday

See, every time I try comp (on pretty much any weapon actually) I always feel like too many shots are missing.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 10:45am

P90 is now better with hb than comp. Or just standard barrel/brick for hipfire.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 10:48am

P90 is now better with hb than comp. Or just standard barrel/brick for hipfire.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I can use 3.4x scope on it too now.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 1:29pm

I've been having a blast with the P90+HB. I've eventually decided to take off the laser because I couldn't quite handle my hipfire being so extremely accurate (pdw+bullpup+ergo+laser).
I've also had a blast with most other PDWs, especially the UMPs and the PP-2000, all with heavy barrel, ergo and laser (no bullpup mod).
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 4:39pm

MP-7 with comp and laser are my tried and true, but im loving the new JS-2. Hipfire all day
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Frosty

Staying frosty.

(172)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 11:06pm

I've had a couple good rounds with the CBJ-MS. I had no problem winning many gunfights due to having the hipfire advantage, but I might've gotten lucky with the competition.

Stats-wise, the CBJ-MS is now basically a PDW-version of the AK5C: Easy to use, decent stats in all areas and with an emphasis on range. I think I'll be using it more often.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 11:25pm

I can't use the SR-2 anymore post patch...Which made me really sad until I realised I can now use the JS2 instead! Yaaaaaaaay hilarious reload animations :thumbsup:

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!