Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Mad_Decent" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 28th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 4:15am

Suggestions welcome

Hello! Thanks to this fantastic website I am now addicted to statistics on battlefield weaponry. Despite the abundance of information, I still cant seem to find a weapon that would be appropriate for my style. I understand there are tons of "What is the best weapon?????" threads but instead of just asking for the best, I'm looking for some suggestions on guns that work for my specific needs. Any suggestions are welcome!

I almost exclusively play Conquest large, though I recently branched out into rush a bit (but the map layout for some rush maps really doesn't suit me).
Generally I only play Assault, I prefer that team based game play where I keep my team alive as we push so most of the time I'm not trying to be up in front unless I have to be.

Some criteria I have would be weapons that are mid-long range are easily my favorite types, though I still need it to be effective in a pinch in close range.
Class isn't really a big deal as long as I can still help my team, imo recon is out. Besides that, no carbines, for whatever reason I just dont like carbines.

I've had success with the M16A4 and the L85A2 but even so I cant seem to find a weapon that suits me. Hopefully you far more experienced players can help me out.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 4:26am

QBZ-95-1

Good ADS spread and recoil values for med-long range combat that is actually accurate.

Good hipfire spread for CQB.

4x scope - So you can actually see what you're shooting at when fighting med-long range. In CQB, just hipfire. It's good enough.

Heavy Barrel - Improve spread. Recoil is low so it won't suffer.

Laser - Make your hipfire even better. Don't want to be seen? Turn it off.

Ergo - Make your moving spreads better.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 4:39am

I haven't given this gun a go yet since it felt too similar to the L85A2 but I do find it's stats attractive and I love it's LMG counterpart, thanks for the info! Time to start unlocking parts for it.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 12:38pm

You should definitely check the loadout suggested by @NoctyrneSAGA. And watch a YT video where @Rezal, the world-famous QBZ promoter, dominates with it.
Army pro. Battlefield noob. Jack of all trades.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 1:29pm

Try out the SCAR-H.

I run it with Coyote, Angled, Flash Hider and a Laser. It's really, really good at mid range whilst being able to hold it's own in CBQ.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 1:48pm

QBZ HB lazer ergo 3.4x
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 1:49pm

Try out the SCAR-H.

I run it with Coyote, Angled, Flash Hider and a Laser. It's really, really good at mid range whilst being able to hold it's own in CBQ.

I agree that the SCAR is a good gun but I'd say 1.6x FSM doesn't warrant an angled grip, you'd get more mileage out of the ergo surely.

Hello OP, by the way :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,400)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 2:45pm

F2000 with the default sights, ergo grip, laser and compensator.

Gives out a slight zoom, great hipfire, great ROF, great moving spread. Serious contester to the AEK once the next patch hits. Due to the default sights you lose the bullpup moving speed modifier when aiming down sights, but thanks to formula by which moving spread is determined by moving speed you will get really accurate spreadwise while strafing. Plus you do hit more due to the zoom without a ADS time penalty. :)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 1:50pm

The F2000 has a bit too much recoil for my likes. :(

I've actually had a great time with the QBZ, the QBB was already giving me joy so to see an assault version that handles as well has been a good experience. Somehow I fell into a trance with the M60 though, despite my original post being more oriented towards assault. It's just such an amazingly fun gun to use.

Once I find my way out of this trance I'll have to give these loadouts a try, the 3.4x scope Rezal suggested sounds fun, I've had a good time with the 3.4x's. It's just something about the 4x scopes throws me off sadly.

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Mad_Decent" (Mar 3rd 2015, 8:55am)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 3:50pm

If you like the QBZ you should also give the AUG a try, it has a bit higher Hrec but in return gets 50 extra RPM and a faster reload. I recommend HB + ergo + laser + sight of choice (for the AUG I actually prefer a 1x sight, whereas I run a 3.4x on the QBZ all day every day, give both a shot and use what you like).

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.