Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:14. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "beefanski" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 6:22pm

Best AR/CA/LMG

Heya guys, new member here and really thinks this forum is awesome.

I'm also kinda new to BF4 (around 50h played) and can't seem to find a good AR/CA/LGM setup. I'm all set on snipers and the recon class though.

The AEK is cool in close combat but ain't s**t for mid/range, the M416 is a cool alrounder but I miss something with on from BF3.
Guns like the Ace 52 CQB is high on dmg but the recoil is insane haha.

Would like your guys tips and tricks on good TDM/Conq setups for the Assault/Support class if that isn't too much to ask :)

I'm all kills>Score>rest so a "man-eater" gun for just killing for these classes would be godlike.

Thanks in advance <3

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 7:16pm

Hey there! Welcome to the gang :)

If you can take the recoil, then the M240B will be your best lmg. The high damage with adequate rate of fire will take you a long way. I like running it with a stubby grip and compensator.

Lots of people tend to gravitate towards the MG4 lmg because of its controlable recoil and high rate of fire. I've seen alot of different setups with this gun, but the best tdm setup will probably include a supressor and stubby grip.

Im not too fond of the assault rifles or carbines myself, so i can't help you there.
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 7:20pm

There is no best AR, or carbine, or LMG. First question:
What is the highest recoil you can withstand? Give a gun as an example.

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 9:55pm

the M240B will be your best lmg

That's a funny way of spelling M60.

No, but seriously, the M60 and PKP are objectively better than the 240B. Miffy could explain this better than I, but with the way the gun firing mechanics are, it would take 6 consecutive bullets for the 240 to outdamage the PKP. The PKP and M60 have significantly less recoil, for a relatively negligible decrease in damage output.

If you're looking for all-rounders, the L85 and ACE23 are the best for assualt (again, only if you're looking for versatility--there are niche weapons which outperform these in certain areas). For more CQB-oriented stuff, the Bulldog is my go-to. Engineers should run the ACE52 all day every day, and, barring that, the SR2, MPX, and UMP are good PDWs. The AK5C is the all-rounder of the carbine class. Support players can use the AWS like an AR, but if they want something with more firepower, the M249 with STUBBY GRIP (if I ever see you with an angled grip on an LMG, I'll laugh in your face) toasts everything.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 11:25pm

You'll find that your optimal attachments might change as you learn the game too. Weapon feel is a very wishywashy "stat" - in general what I've found is that newer players often tend to favor the lower recoil easier to use weapons and run recoil-reducing setups on them. As they get used to the feel of the game and their recoil control improves, they start optimising based on personal preference.

The recommendations you get on Symthic are, by and large, based on optimal use by really experienced players who are great at controlling recoil. Definitely take the advice of veteran players here, but be aware that there's no perfect way to set up a gun that does well for everyone. Take me for instance, I've got limited experience in shooters before BF4 and I still tend to favor "easy to use" weapons/attachments even though I know that if my recoil control improved I'd probably have vastly differing loadouts.

With that in mind, here's the recommendations of a player who's intensely average:

ASSAULT RIFLES: The M416 is super good all round and quite easy to control. For a new player, I'd recommend using the Muzzle Brake and Angled Foregrip on it to reduce upward recoil, though as you get better you'll probably want to slap on a Heavy Barrel and Ergo Grip (more recoil, much more accurate especially on the move). If you just dont like it, try the SCAR-H. Lots of upward recoil but it does mroe damage per bullet. Fire in short bursts and use a Muzzle/Angled as a midrange weapon. The starter AK-12 is actually very very easy to control too, but slower firing so you'll lose close range duels. The AEK-971 is probably the best of the close range ARs, but there's also the FAMAS which may as well be a shotgun as it's so short ranged and bursty. I'd probably go Compensator and Angled for those to make it a bit easier to handle, but don't expect it to be great at long ranges.

You didn't mention if you had basic BF4 or Premium with the DLC - if you DO have china rising DLC, definitely try and unlock the L85A2 assault rifle. It's fantastic at all ranges.

CARBINES: You wont really use these as Assault or Support, in general it's better to run an AR/LMG, but they have their uses. The best two for new players are probably the first two you unlock - the AK-5C is incredibly easy to control and good at reasonably long ranges. The ACW-R is the carbine version of the AEK essentially - more recoil and super fast firing, so really good up close. Again, as a new player I'd recommend slapping Angled Foregrips on them. Compensator on the ACW-R as it's got a lot of horizontal recoil, and Muzzle Brake at first on the AK-5C but try the heavy barrel and use that if you can handle the recoil for long range.

LMGs: Loads of different opinions here. You can't go too far wrong with the MG4 or M249 (from the single player assignments) - they're very similar in stats. In most cases you want to use a Stubby Grip on LMGs unless you're running a Bipod, and -probably- a Compensator (or Suppressor if you're very mobile and fighting up close). Those two LMGs are the big mag super fast firing ones, and the most LMG-like. The Type-88 is a little slower firing but is much easier to control and unlocked early, so you might find that suits you early on. If you're good at tapfiring in short bursts, the PKP Pecheneg, M60-E4 and M240-B are all really good mid-range and insanely strong up close if you rambo it.

There's also a bunch of LMGs that have slow rates of fire but are very accurate (U-100, LSAT, RPKs, QBB). I love these personally but they're very different in feel/use to the chain fed monsters - you stay back and act like a midrange half-sniper half-suppression machine with these, but you might find you enjoy their style. Heavy Barrels and either Angled Foregrips or Stubby Grips generally work best on this style of LMG.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Sapphidia" (Feb 21st 2015, 11:32pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 12:07am

AEK comp angled irons lazer
ACR comp/brick angled RDS lazer
MG4 stubby RDS lazer
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 12:30am

Tap-fire or manual bursting well be your friends at ranged combat.

Muzzle brake is your defamer, muzzle brake is your enemy.

Picking a "best" weapon or loadout is dependent on current situations and might tread on subjectivity, which is why I didn't give a weapon or loadout.

Welcome to symthic, where sarcasm runs low and math is plentiful.
"But I was right, thus absolving me of responsibility forever." - Cracked.com

- Progression - Argos444 - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Argos444 - BF4 Player stats

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 12:53am

I'm all kills>Score>rest so a "man-eater" gun for just killing for these classes would be godlike.
Keep in mind Battlefield is supposed to be about team work and playing the objective (PTFO) more than kills. People generally look down upon those who exclusively play for kills (part of why people here hate most popular Youtubers). Killing is still important, just not the most important.

There really is no single "best" gun in each class because they all play a role.

Carbine: ACE 52 CQB with RDS, angled grip, muzzle brake, and laser is a good all-around. AK 5C with RDS, angled grip, muzzle brake, and laser is great at longer ranges. ACW-R with RDS, compensator, angled grip, laser is really good at short range (DPS equal to AEK before damage drop off due to firing mechanics, except last couple bullets of a full mag dump).

AR: M416 (or ACE 23/L85A2 - check stats) with angled grip, RDS, laser, and muzzle brake are all jack of all trades, master of none. AEK-971 with RDS (personal preference, try irons because Rezal said so), angled, compensator, and laser is a beast in CQB. The ACE 23 is getting "buffed" (more like fixed) to have its real life mag capacity of 35 + 1 rounds and the AEK is getting some recoil adjustments (don't listen to Levelcap, it's not a big deal).

LMG: Stubby grip with MG4... I mean MG4 with stubby grip, RDS, and laser; suppressor is optional. AWS is mag-fed and more mobile but should be used with the same attachments as the MG4. For something that hits harder, PKP Pecheneg with compensator, stubby, RDS, and laser. Don't forget the ammo box as support - ever.

Also, max spreads are getting nerfed fixed, so the stubby grip will be noticeably less useful once that patch hits retail (ergo might actually be useful on LMGs).
My response to K/D bragging: "It's kinda hard to maintain a high K/D without ammo..." | Top 1% Resupplies PS3 - Proud to be a team player

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 12:42pm

Muzzle brake is your defamer, muzzle brake is your enemy.

I'm going to semi-hijack the thread and leap on this as a discussion point.

I see many people claim the Muzzle Brake is the mark of the noob, the equivalent of stabilisers on a kid's bike, or just generally a terrible attachment that you should never ever use. Certainly the general consensus amongst the vets here is that "all vertical recoil can be controlled" and thus you should never need the muzzle brake, and should probably slap a heavy barrel on anything that doesnt need a compensator.

Then there's a small crowd of "ease of use" people. There's no doubting that a weapon with lower VRec than another equally statted weapon feels easier to control. Yes, you can learn all recoil patterns and pull down but that requires a certain amount of muscle memory and unless you stick to one weapon only it can be a real pain to swap between various high recoil guns and instantly know their VRec compensation amounts. There's a school of thought that if you're going to swap between a lot of weapons, a good method is to try and keep the VRec values as consistant as possible so all the guns VRecs fall within a similar window. That way you're normalising the feel.

There's also the fact that due to the way vertical recoil works as a degrees of upward rotation, albeit not super noticeable at low angle values, a linear increase in angle size will lead to a greater increase in perceived vertical rise, meaning you sort of want to avoid the really extreme vertical recoil values where possible.

For this reason, I -personally- slap a Heavy Barrel on anything that has a VRec value of under 3.0, but above that there's really no reason NOT to use a Muzzle Brake if there's not enough HRec for a Compensator. Provided you're using a weapon that you fire in short bursts, like any standard mid range carbine or AR or so, you're never going to feel the tiny spread increase so the 10% VRec reduction is just a straight easier-to-use setting. For some weapons like the Ace 52 CQB or the Scar H, they both have such high VRecs that without reigning it in a bit with a Muzzle Brake they can feel very very bizarre to handle.

That's my opinion at least. Muzzle Brake is an attachment that doesnt do all that much to performance, but DOES make weapons jsut feel a little nicer to control and can be a good way to make any gun which has too high VRec for an HBar but too low HRec to bother with a compensator a little more user friendly at no real disadvantage.

What am I missing? Why is this attachment so reviled? There seem to be plenty of players that can't handle the recoil from a Heavy Barrel on a lot of guns - is the Compensator ALWAYS a better attachment than a Muzzle Brake for accuracy regardless of gun?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sapphidia" (Feb 22nd 2015, 12:49pm)

• "beefanski" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 6:26pm

There is no best AR, or carbine, or LMG. First question:
What is the highest recoil you can withstand? Give a gun as an example.
Great question haha, well. Tried out aggressive assault with AEK and I most say I love it, also tried shotgun aggressive and it's awesome.
The gun Ace 52 CQB is a BIT too high on recoil for me, at least for the sight I used, but like everything else, all that's needed is practice :D

for playing 60H my stats aren't that shit tbh Progression - Horst_Beefanski - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4