Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "JuSTASCOuT" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 19th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 11:59am

Best Carbine-setup for combat < 25metres?

What's the best Carbine-setup for combat up to 25 metres?

I'm using:

AK-5C
Holo 1x
Suppressor
Ergo Grip

I have also unlocked ACW-R, SG553 and soon AKU-12.

Btw. how do you guys define close, medium and long range in metres?

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 1:11pm

For me, close range is like ~20 meters, medium range is ~35-55 meters, and long range is like ~70+ meters (the areas left out are mixes of the 2 around it).
This is at least with carbine and AR use.

My slightly over CQC loadout is
Support or Recon
MTAR, ACW-R (maybe A-91 when the CTE patches hit vanilla)
RDS or HOLO of choice
Compensator (maybe suppressor when playing recon)
Ergo
Laser of choice.

If support:
Ammo box (duh)
C4 (really anything you want)

If recon:
Motion Balls
C4 (also can be substituted for personal preference

Without much information, this is what I can give you. This is assuming exclusively CQC, on core.

All of my choices reflect an aggressive build. The ACW-R in particular with it's ultra fast reload.

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 2:55pm

25m is really close. ACW-R (muzzle brake, compensator or flash hider), MTAR (compensator), SG553 (compensator, perhaps heavy barrel) or A-91 (compensator pre september patch, after that perhaps even heavy barrel). RDS of your choice, laser (you'll want to hipfire a lot at close range with carbines, especially the bullpups) and ergo/vertical grip.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 3:18pm

I just tried the ACW-R for the first time - I played multiple times on a Zavod-only server with 300 ticket count.
Now I realize what the term "Running and gunning" means! :)
Holy cow, that weapon can bring people down in close quarters!! :)
Thanks for the suggestion :)
I'm running (literally) with an Ergo Grip and that's it.

Is it really worth it putting a Muzzle Break or Compensator on it?
Most of the time my enemies are right in front of me, big as houses and easy to hit :)

About Laser Sight:

I see several high ranked players use it, and Zormau, I can see you recommend it as well.
In my case, when I'm running & gunning, perhaps it would be worth it to use it and have it turned on all the time?
I mean: I usually appear in front of my enemies so fast, they probably have no time to realize the Laser Sight has given my position away.
Or what do you guys think?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 3:20pm

DigitalRenegade2016:

You say: "maybe A-91 when the CTE patches hit vanilla"

What patches is that?
Where can I get information on it?

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 3:25pm

He refers to the September patch when practically all changes from CTE will be patched to live. The CTE thread has the patchnotes (although they are kinda buried) if you don't have access to CTE where all the notes are more readily available.

If you want to know the exact weapon changes you should check out Marbleduck's YouTube channnel: he has the changes in easily digested format (video).

Edit: just to clarify: weapon balance is really good in CTE. You have a lot to look forward to.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 3:41pm

If you're playing domination or TDM (300 tickets seems awfully low for zavod conquest) you'll have a blast with the ACW-R, ergo and laser. If you play conquest, you will want to deactivate the laser occasionally when running between objectives over open land and don't have to worry about CQC. Especially with hardcore or classic (currently only on CTE) gamemodes without 3d spotting it's even more important.

Muzzle brake and compensator have little effect on hipfire, since that's mostly governed by spread. They do, however, make the ACW-R more manageable when you have to go beyond hipfire range. You're shooting enough bullets that the saturation will make the increased spread less of an issue.

The muzzle brake is purely for ease of use, since you could also manage the v-recoil. The compensator actually increases your potential accuracy a bit.

They also tighten the hipfire reticle, which is nice if you're going to hipfire a lot. They do nothing to hip spread, but the crosshairs get smaller for some reason, making it a bit easier to put them on target, especially beyond 10m.

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 4:39pm

mtar ergo comp lazer pso4x done
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 4:44pm

Quoted

mtar ergo comp lazer pso4x done

Rezal is a fucking god
Anyways this is a great setup, but when new MTAR comes to vanilla... :-(

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 5:04pm

I don't really buy into rezal's whole "3.4x/4x optics" thing. Especially on a gun that's pretty bad at range.