Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "HolyBalls111" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 4:16am

The JS2 - its about time...

This is probably one of the worst guns in the game. 90 rpm at 20 DMG...and a fucking .117 spread. This gun needs fixen

First of all, it doesn't even have the proper PDW hip fire that the PDR and P90 do, so that should be a no brainer. Also, the spread increase should compensate for the low TTK, so it should be like 0.85.

I think that the JS2 should really be set up as a close quarter weapon that you should hold the trigger down and never burst. So, in order to balance its lower h recoil and potentially lower spread increase against the P90 properly, it should have a high FSM, maybe 3.1. With does changes, you'd be encourage to hold down the trigger rather than burst. Also, the end damage should be 12.1 because the real life round it uses is a armor pierce one and should do higher end damage, since the 9mm has better up close stopping power (not exactly for realism, but for balance).

Is there a way to tweet this to Kurtz or something? Because this gun is absolutely pointless right now..

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 4:31am

I'd say .075 spread increase (exact number up for debate) and 22 damage. Same for the P90. They need to hit with more shots at lower damage for them to be worth anything.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 4:59am

They're both firing tiny bullets with minuscule IRL Recoil. They both (and 80% of the PDWs) need less recoil. They already suck dick at range so why the hell do they have more recoil than a arachnophobiac that got dropped into a spider pit?
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 7:44am

They're both firing tiny bullets with minuscule IRL Recoil. They both (and 80% of the PDWs) need less recoil. They already suck dick at range so why the hell do they have more recoil than a arachnophobiac that got dropped into a spider pit?

Yes they nerfed the PDWs pretty hard in this game. I remember how awesome running around with the MP7 or M5K was in BF3. You literally didn't need to aim down sights which was amazing! Obviously DICE didn't like that though, but at least give them a bit of love.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 8:54am

Yes they nerfed the PDWs pretty hard in this game. I remember how awesome running around with the MP7 or M5K was in BF3. You literally didn't need to aim down sights which was amazing! Obviously DICE didn't like that though, but at least give them a bit of love.
Yet they added laser sights to the game for some reason. I'd take less recoil over more hip spread any day. Although tbh, the Mp7 with a suppressor functions very nice up close, but that's about the extent of my PDW experience.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 9:03am

At least it's marginally better than the P90

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 9:58am

Top priority should be fixing its (and all the 20 dmg SMGs) spread increase, there's simply no plausible explanation as to why they have a 25 damage-like spread increase with 20 damage. Then there would be recoil and then they really should look into those suppressed muzzle velocities, as well as magazines count.
Clean signature best signature

Date of registration
: May 16th 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 10:00am

I agree about the magazine count if anything, I'm baffled as to why the P90 is given only 2 reserve mags which gives less bullets than the reserve ammo all of the other 30 round mag guns.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 12:34pm

It is curious how well all PDWs behaved in BF3 although they had roughly the same recoil as in BF4 or even had more of it. Until BF4 you really did not know howmuch spread increase fucks up your weapon. In the end they have higher recoil, higher spread increase, higher spread, sport less damage than any other weapon class and trade all that for a highly situational hip-fire bonus, that can be achieved easy enough with a bullpup carbine or even AR.

Anyway I've said this a hundred times, the PDWs are, in terms of overall weapon balance, totally screwed. Even moreso than DMRs and Shotguns. Some are useful like the CZ, the PDW-R and the SR-2 or have unique niches like the AS Val, but even they are easily replaced by any carbine. I always wonder why people say stuff like the UMP-9 is the long-range PDW, when, in the end, any Carbine is a better choice.

In terms of the JS2 you have to take into account, that the visual recoil is, along the lines with all Chineses weapons it seems, extremely high and disturbing.

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 12:42pm

I entirely agree. I've been using the JS2 recently just for fun as it looks and sounds excellent! It definately needs some love, though! I hadn't noticed the spread increase explicitly, but agree that it shouldn't match that of higher damage weapons. It's the recoil that kills it for me. The low damage should be enough of a price to pay to balance its large mag and high RoF, but no, it needs to be unuseable beyond around 40m, too! Its spread values vs. the P90 are wierd, too. I'd be fine with it not having Bullpup multipliers if the slight boost in accuracy could actually be utillised!

Give it 0.2/0.2 H-Recoil, reduce its spread increase slightly and give it 3 extra mags as standard, and I'll be thrilled! I won't hold my breath, though...

The P90 is a wierd one. Outrageous H-Recoil and FSM for 1 damage up close?! The only reason to run it (and I do...) is for the ability to Counter-Strike people down at 20m+ with hipfire. Sure, after 4 kills you're out of ammo, but hey!

I'd take down its Spread increase, just to solidify its hipfire ability and give it 3 extra mags, again.
Roses are red, violets are blue, "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."