Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 2:39pm

In QBB, use 4x or another legit no-visual-recoil hack (inc. not using the sights for aiming...).
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,287)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 3:19pm

No I am not talking about visual recoil, I am talking about sight misalignment while strafing.

For every weapon your sight wobbles from left to right, while strafing, the laserpointer shows the real aimpoint. Different weapons though have, for whatever reason, different values for that misalignment. It is most notably on the A-91, the M-Tar and the QBZ weapons. The L85 I believe has the least, from what I saw with my testing.
For the QBB this means the following: It is a bullpup so the penalty for using it on the run should be less, naturally. However when using the Chinese holo, for example, the laser and the real aimpoint is so far away from the center of the sight, that the outer ring that holo has is not only touched but also passed by the laser. This would mean while strafing and aiming for a target 30m away, you would not hit it while strafing if you do not aim for the laser, or do not have it equipped.
As a result the QBB becomes rather unusable on the move, destroying it's niche as a super accurate LMG that can be used just like an AR. If you have to stand still to reliably hit, you might as well use any other LMG be it belt-fed or mag-fed.

I do not know whether this is done deliberately or if it has to do with visual recoil and how sights are mounted on weapons in general, but this is a huge problem for all QBZ weapons bar the QBU (no idea why it neither has the visual recoil, nor the misalignment).

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 4:32pm

No I am not talking about visual recoil, I am talking about sight misalignment while strafing.

But the bullets still got at the center of the screen, yes? The solution is the same as that for visual recoil.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,287)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, May 16th 2014, 1:01am

But the bullets still got at the center of the screen, yes? The solution is the same as that for visual recoil.

Painting a dot on the screen or using a virtual crosshair through third party programs is not really viable. It is quite inconvenient having to figure out where the real aimpoint is in the middle of the screen and you can not rely on your sight.