Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 9:26am

The base spread is good enough for an AR (with that muzzle anyways), the only benefit would be the slightly reduced spread while ADS+moving... not worth it with the amount of beast recoil you end up with. I agree with whats been said about sens and ease of use

The compromise, then, would be ergo + muzzle break.

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 9:28am

I use coyote, flash hider, angled, and i switch between laser and magnifier depending on the map. I should probably use ergo but i stand still for my shots and the scar's hip isn't that great anyway so id rather the ease of use over slightly less shitty hip fire. dont really care for MB because i can handle the .5 vert recoil but the HB is....well, good luck. I for one dont want the sisyphean task of trying to tame that monster.
Greatest insult I've ever read

My Lord, I find thy face apelike and thy form misshapen. Thy beard, moreover, is an offense against decency, resembling more closely the scabrous fir which doth decorate the hinder portion of a mongrel dog than a proper adornement for a human face. Is it possible that thy mother, seized by some wild lechery, did dally at some time past with a randy goat? -Mandorallen

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 8:01pm

I lol when I see people using HB + a zoom sight. DAT RECOIL

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 8:38pm

No point in HBAR for the SCAR-H unless your running and gunning and always fighting at 20m or less against targets where you can get a solid shot at their chest.

that doesn't make any sense. the whole point of the heavy barrel is to increase effective range. or more importantly, effective HEADSHOT range. if you are pro at double tapping someone in the head consistently at range, the heavy barrel is the best attachment for you. if you can't, then run something else.

Well, without a velocity increase and/or bullet drop decrease it really doesn't. It just makes your groups tighter. HBar + ergo = rolling around tapping dudes who aren't head glitching.

By the time you've lined up the 2nd shot for the headshot kill with hbar on a head glitcher, you've been perforated. AFG mitigates that a little bit, but even then only a little bit. Might as well just put the rifle in single shot and try for double taps, and if you're doing that you might as well use the SCAR-H SV instead of the SCAR-H.

Without a velocity increase or a bullet drop decrease, hbar is still stupid. Run your barrel naked, suppressed, or flash hider. Muzzle brake for 2 shot bursts.

And don't give me that hurp durp suppressor bullet drop. Use the suppressor in close combat.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 9:25pm

No point in HBAR for the SCAR-H unless your running and gunning and always fighting at 20m or less against targets where you can get a solid shot at their chest.

that doesn't make any sense. the whole point of the heavy barrel is to increase effective range. or more importantly, effective HEADSHOT range. if you are pro at double tapping someone in the head consistently at range, the heavy barrel is the best attachment for you. if you can't, then run something else.

At closer ranges when shooting at more exposed targets, vertical recoil doesn't really matter. Standing players are taller than they are wide, so while horizontal recoil and spread can make you miss your target to the side, over or under-compensating for V-recoil when aiming for the chest means hitting the head or stomach instead, which isn't really a big deal in comparison to a miss.

And H-bar on the SCAR-H has the same effect on moving spread as the V-grip for AR's, both resulting in a moving spread of 0.4. Combining H-bar and V-grip makes your effective moving spread 0.25, which is nearly as good as stock standing ADS spread.

With no move-spread improving attachments, you can get guaranteed first round hits out to 24m. Add H-bar or V-grip and you can get first round hits out to 36m. Use both and you can get first round hits out to 57m. Is it worth the recoil? Maybe.

Maybe not. With 0.12 spread increase, improvements to base spread start to matter less. 2nd round hit ranges while moving going by spread alone (disregarding effects of recoil completely) drop to 20m for no spread improving attachments, 28m for one, and 39m for both. Fire a third round and you're at 17m, 22m, and 29m respectively. Unless you're firing very short bursts, the benefits go away quickly, even faster if H-recoil was taken into account.

For short bursts while moving, H-bar can be a good attachment. You could stack it with ergo for uber spread, but the recoil. Comparing H-bar vs. V-grip alone, H-bar gives you the same moving spread bonus, and a standing spread bonus, but increases total recoil. V-grip gives you moving ADS and hip spread bonuses. Choosing either for the move-spread improvement alone, V-grip allows you to chose a different barrel attachment, and H-bar allows you to choose a different grip, namely the AFG because AFG is the best thing ever.

I've never really had a problem with total V-recoil, it's irregular recoil that's harder to deal with, as in FSM. Using AFG and H-bar together results in the same recoil for the first shot as with neither equipped, and with an FSM very close to 1, following shots have practically the same recoil allowing for constant compensation rate.

SCAR-H is going to be pretty good regardless of what attachments you put on it.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 9:28pm

I was always a huge advocate of the heavy barrel on everything you could put it on, but after using LMGs and AR's without it I can say that you do not need for most situations. 0.3 is enough for LMGs because tap fire and huge mags. 0.2 is enough for AR's because they aren't effective at very long ranges.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 9:47pm

Quoted

Well, without a velocity increase and/or bullet drop decrease it really doesn't. It just makes your groups tighter. HBar + ergo = rolling around tapping dudes who aren't head glitching.

By the time you've lined up the 2nd shot for the headshot kill with hbar on a head glitcher, you've been perforated. AFG mitigates that a little bit, but even then only a little bit. Might as well just put the rifle in single shot and try for double taps, and if you're doing that you might as well use the SCAR-H SV instead of the SCAR-H.

Without a velocity increase or a bullet drop decrease, hbar is still stupid. Run your barrel naked, suppressed, or flash hider. Muzzle brake for 2 shot bursts.

And don't give me that hurp durp suppressor bullet drop. Use the suppressor in close combat.

It really does. Heavy barrel alone gives you a 100% headshot chance on your first shot past around 35 meters. At even 40 meters, an AR without heavy barrel has very little chance of hitting the head 100% over even a short burst. Add heavy barrel, and your weapon's accuracy in the same situation rises by as much as 50%.

I always find it ironic when people say that the muzzle brake is good for headglitchers. That's true, if you want to kill them by bullet saturation alone. A more consistent (and effective) method is to run heavy barrel and double tap to the face. And if you bring up the SV again, let me know when it shoots at 620rpm. Until then, the AR scar-h is obviously better, even if you have to tap fire.

As for close quarter, body shot situations, vertical recoil won't matter much, and your tighter spread allows you to fire a longer burst while still maintain accuracy. Longer burst = higher ROF, higher ROF = more damage. Again, this sounds like a good thing.

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 9:57pm

I have seen everybody using Angled+Muzzle and aparently microbursting with it is the most usefull Scar H loadout.
What about other atachments? Shouldnt the Hbar benefit those who know how to control recoil properly?
Or is MB+Angled the ultimate Scar h loadout?

One things for sure, don't use the angled with the muzzle break - use the stubby or even ergo if you are going CQB. I'd avoid either the MB or HBARs because the SCAR H already has a ridiculous amount of V recoil and spread increase. Go flash hider and grip of your choice (even though I'd wouldn't go angled because of both of the other grips are much more affective).

Oh yeah, stupid quick question - the Angled grip doesn't have a down side right - I'm all of a sudden doubting myself on this one...

If you're firing bursts > 2 bullets with SCAR-H at anything other than point blank you're doing it wrong. If you're point blank spread isn't very relevant.

I'm definitely a fan of the angled + MB on the SCAR-H for those rare moments I have to venture outside a tank or IFV.

hmm, true, I just personally would go ergo because the SCAR H already has a very low FSM + it helps in close quarter situations.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 7:01am

Quoted

It really does. Heavy barrel alone gives you a 100% headshot chance on your first shot past around 35 meters. At even 40 meters, an AR without heavy barrel has very little chance of hitting the head 100% over even a short burst. Add heavy barrel, and your weapon's accuracy in the same situation rises by as much as 50%.

I always find it ironic when people say that the muzzle brake is good for headglitchers. That's true, if you want to kill them by bullet saturation alone. A more consistent (and effective) method is to run heavy barrel and double tap to the face. And if you bring up the SV again, let me know when it shoots at 620rpm. Until then, the AR scar-h is obviously better, even if you have to tap fire.

As for close quarter, body shot situations, vertical recoil won't matter much, and your tighter spread allows you to fire a longer burst while still maintain accuracy. Longer burst = higher ROF, higher ROF = more damage. Again, this sounds like a good thing.

The spread difference when standing dead still isn't enough of a difference that I won't dome you twice without having to wait for the recoil to settle. Naked or MB. Heavy barrel? Now you've got to wait for it it settle, and at that point you could use a DMR. The spread increase really isn't that bad when still and shooting short bursts with MB. It really is not in practical application. If you want to maintain a longer burst, use the stubby to mitigate that .12 spread increase with a naked barrel.

My only success with HB on the SCAR-H have been with the AFG or with ergo in closer combat.

You want to be mobile and magdump? HB + AFG.
You want to be mobile and microburst? MB + ergo
You want to be OAF? Naked/Suppressor + stubby.

The SCAR is adaptive. Adapt it and it's attachments options to your playstyle, mission, and environment. No single combo works 100% of the time.

Date of registration
: May 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 8:03am

The ScarH can be very effective with a Heavy Barrel.
I play alot of Locker(yeah I know....) but with an HB and Angled you can kill Headglitchers and Camping LMGs really easy. But it requires alot of concentration and your biggest enemy is Supression.
When im too lazy for the recoil control i use ergo and flashhider and it works really well.