Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Jack-Crysallis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 31st 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 4:40pm

Scar H heavy barrel worthless?

I have seen everybody using Angled+Muzzle and aparently microbursting with it is the most usefull Scar H loadout.
What about other atachments? Shouldnt the Hbar benefit those who know how to control recoil properly?
Or is MB+Angled the ultimate Scar h loadout?

Either war is obsolete or men are.
- R. Buckminster Fuller

---BF3---

----BF4----

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 4:57pm

0.75 is a lot of vertical recoil. That kind of kick is fine for weapons that concentrate more damage on single shots (DMR's), but it's a bit much for weapons that rely on higher RPM to maintain TTK equivalence. That's without mentioning exacerbation by suppression. And, then, at medium/long range, you lose some usability, particularly for microbursting and headglitcher removal; the latter may prove to be the difference between a new flag and a failed assault.

Also, recoil control is not fully muscle memory; it's, according to my own subjective experience, also, part concentration. During stressful moments, such as gunfights, recoil takes away a bit from your focus.

Date of registration
: Feb 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 11:19pm

I have seen everybody using Angled+Muzzle and aparently microbursting with it is the most usefull Scar H loadout.
What about other atachments? Shouldnt the Hbar benefit those who know how to control recoil properly?

On paper, HB+Ergo is the best loadout for the Scar-H, so yes, if you're up for a challenge, go ahead, but don't forget usability. The MB-Angled combo is reknown for being very easy, and don't take ease-of-use with a grain of salt. So if you're looking to quickly optimize your play, take that loadout.

To be honest, I'd go for the flash hider. No disadvantages, no complications, only advantages (though negligible). I'm content with the bare-bone stats of this gun, there's no need to really mess with that.

Though, if you're proficient at controlling recoil, and/or you want a challenge, HB will be fine in pubs, where you don't need 100% recoil control. Though avoid being suppressed. At all costs.

There's this thread for more: SCAR-H: I'm torn between the Heavy Barrel and Muzzle Brake
"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at."

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 11:27pm

>410 m/s
>0.2 minspread without HB

Why would you want 0.1 with that velocity?
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 3:49am

One things for sure, don't use the angled with the muzzle break - use the stubby or even ergo if you are going CQB. I'd avoid either the MB or HBARs because the SCAR H already has a ridiculous amount of V recoil and spread increase. Go flash hider and grip of your choice (even though I'd wouldn't go angled because of both of the other grips are much more affective).

Oh yeah, stupid quick question - the Angled grip doesn't have a down side right - I'm all of a sudden doubting myself on this one...

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 4:08am

One things for sure, don't use the angled with the muzzle break - use the stubby or even ergo if you are going CQB. I'd avoid either the MB or HBARs because the SCAR H already has a ridiculous amount of V recoil and spread increase. Go flash hider and grip of your choice (even though I'd wouldn't go angled because of both of the other grips are much more affective).

Oh yeah, stupid quick question - the Angled grip doesn't have a down side right - I'm all of a sudden doubting myself on this one...

If you're firing bursts > 2 bullets with SCAR-H at anything other than point blank you're doing it wrong. If you're point blank spread isn't very relevant.

I'm definitely a fan of the angled + MB on the SCAR-H for those rare moments I have to venture outside a tank or IFV.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 5:57am

the only downside of the angled grip, is that you can't run ergo or stubby.

i think the viability of the heavy barrel on the SCAR-H (and any of the faster shooting, high recoil weapons) is dependent on your ingame sensitivity. most top players play with very low sensitivity, and combined with high recoil, makes the weapon too difficult to control. those who play with medium or high sensitivity aren't really affected.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 6:19am

No point in HBAR for the SCAR-H unless your running and gunning and always fighting at 20m or less against targets where you can get a solid shot at their chest.

Otherwise run it with a flash hider, naked, or suppressed. I prefer the stubby because the spread increase is pretty atrocious on the SCAR, and it lets you mag dump down a hallway.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 6:25am

No point in HBAR for the SCAR-H unless your running and gunning and always fighting at 20m or less against targets where you can get a solid shot at their chest.

that doesn't make any sense. the whole point of the heavy barrel is to increase effective range. or more importantly, effective HEADSHOT range. if you are pro at double tapping someone in the head consistently at range, the heavy barrel is the best attachment for you. if you can't, then run something else.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 8:30am

The base spread is good enough for an AR (with that muzzle anyways), the only benefit would be the slightly reduced spread while ADS+moving... not worth it with the amount of beast recoil you end up with. I agree with whats been said about sens and ease of use
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky