Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ArmySmurf" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 2:37pm

Battlepack accessories

Since the accessories garnered from weapon battlepacks have only visual/aesthetic differences to those unlocked by default, wouldn't it be an additional incentive to give a small buff to the battlepack accessories stats?

Not sure if this is already the case but with multiple suppressors per weapon a different sound would add another layer of personal customisation.

Your thoughts.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 2:49pm

So that you have to grind up to 500 kills with a weapon in order to get optimal performance from it? Not really a good idea.
bob

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 2:56pm

The visual differentiation is enough to warrant grinding battlepacks IMO. Especially when it comes to scopes where a consistent aiming experience between different weapons is a great advantage. Then there is also the green lazor to show off how pro you are.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 4:25pm

It's only really purely aesthetic in the case of the suppressors, at least for me the green laser > red laser because I can see it easier and not all scopes are alike.
Reticle is everything, I really don't like the ACOG/PSO-1 chevron style reticle and much prefer the JGM-4 with it's typical crosshair type arrangement, for example.
I prefer the Prizma to the M145/PK-A, I prefer the Coyote to the Reflex/Kobra, I prefer the Holo(EOTech) to the PKA-S/HD-33.

And keep in mind the FLIR and IRNV can only be unlocked via battlepacks, and those are in a category of their own.

Having multiple suppressors is kind of meh, but having all of the different optics available speaks for itself. Should they even be battlepack unlocks? I don't know, I kind of like unlocking something new every 10 kills, I don't think the battlepacks are necessary to unlock by using the weapon. I think the battlepacks should stay as a weekend/monthly/rank-up/event prize and the weapons should cycle the faction unlocks.

Like, if it goes RDS, laser, ACOG, then after the final unlock it should go IRNV, Kobra, green laser, PSO-1, etc, FLIR, Coyote, laser/light, JGM-4, etc...
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Nov 4th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 9:15pm

I wish that the grips were different. Im so tired of grinding for battlepacks just to get a grip that does the exact same thing as all the other grips

am I the only person who enjoys rush?

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 10:04pm

I don't know, I like the idea of differentiated suppressors. Even just a slight difference is how much velocity drop or how much bullet drop per suppressor making them more diverse would be welcomed by me. Say:

Suppressor: moderate bullet drop increase, moderate muzzle velocity fall

R2: Light bullet drop increase, heavy muzzle velocity fall

PBS: Heavy bullet drop increase, light muzzle velocity fall

or just a different sound from each to make them seem cooler.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 10:16pm

You want to differentiate all of them by changing bullet velocity/gravity but you want to keep the same drop curve? There wouldn't be any reason to use low velocity/low gravity suppressor at all.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 10:27pm

@WhitePharaoh

Bullet drop is related to muzzle velocity, the effects you have proposed are inverted to reality. You decrease bullet velocity and it increases bullet drop.
Some weapons do have different gravity that affects bullet drop without affecting velocity, but currently the suppressors do not modify this and only reduce velocity.

Low velocity/low drop and high velocity/high drop really make no sense...

Subsonic ammo is subsonic ammo, I don't think the suppressors should have different physical effects. Maybe just a different sound signature to make them more unique, but I don't think any one should be any more or less quiet than another.

But if we are going to argue about this, then might as well include the lasers. The green lasers are usually more intense and precise than the red so lets make it have increase hip-fire accuracy while standing compared to that of the red, the tri-beam is a larger reticle so it should be easier to pick up during chaos so it should have better hip-fire on the move. I guess you could balance these by making the green worse on the move and the tri-beam worse from a stationary position, that way the red would be balanced right in the middle.
But I don't see the point. It's nit-picky and really is splitting hairs. The visual difference is good enough for me.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 10:31pm

Okay, I thought that the muzzle velocity and bullet drop were differentiated, hence why they were both listed in game. However, if they are tied together, then forget that. As for the lasers, maybe do that, but I still just go for the green laser sight for the cosmetic appeal and slightly because I find it easier to use.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 10:41pm

Okay, I thought that the muzzle velocity and bullet drop were differentiated, hence why they were both listed in game. However, if they are tied together, then forget that. As for the lasers, maybe do that, but I still just go for the green laser sight for the cosmetic appeal and slightly because I find it easier to use.

They are both differentiated and dependent, weapons list both because they do change but it's a weapon to weapon case where bullet drop (gravity) is modified. No attachments change bullet drop (gravity), just velocity.
For example, all the assault rifles have a bullet drop (gravity) of 15m/s/s, but most sniper rifles have a bullet drop (gravity) of 9.81m/s/s. Within weapons of the same gravity, the lower the velocity the more dramatic the bullet drop trajectory is.

Also, in regards to the italicized text in your quote, HYPOCRITE! :P
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler