Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, May 12th 2014, 11:15pm

comp wins 2rb and is on par for 3rb. And less shaky aim.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, May 12th 2014, 11:28pm

but everyone will see your muzzle flash and kill you :D

edit: Am I reading 3VerstsNorth's charts wrong? It seems like they indicate "n a" (no attachment + angled) or h p (heavy + potato) depending on range, but not comp.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "graedus" (May 12th 2014, 11:35pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, May 12th 2014, 11:29pm

i see your point. what barrel would you use?

I use heavy barrel with angled, I wouldn't use it without angled. But I can imaging running it with flash hider + ergo for closer engagements.
I would chose flash hider over comp because the effects of the comp will be minimal accuracy wise
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 12:38am

edit: Am I reading 3VerstsNorth's charts wrong? It seems like they indicate "n a" (no attachment + angled) or h p (heavy + potato) depending on range, but not comp.

idk i use hitrater and care about usability
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 1:26am

idk i use hitrater and care about usability

In my analyses, na gets a slight T100 advantage over ca because you can use 4 instead of 3 shot bursts up to ~40 m. The plots in this post agree with Rez in naked barrel being very close to compensator in T100, while both are clearly inferior to HB in both short and long ranges. This is kinda trivial result because the penalty of HB does not influence these estimates. So, for comp vs. naked question: they are statistically on par and on top of that comp gives a usability advantage. A small one though because .4 isn't a lot of H rec. And in addition, the usability advantage of comp is diluted by it forcing you to micro burst while with the naked you can get away with longer bursts in medium ranges.

On topic, after some side-by-side playtesting, I think I'm drifting towards flash hider + angled and saving the HB + angled to those situations where I spawn on a roof camping squad mate and intend to stay there.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Feb 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 6:01pm

Okay, the SCAR-H is my baby. It's my most used weapon, and the weapon I used when I played competitively. There have been several occasions where I have messed with the attachments to find what works for me.

For primary sight, I prefer Kobra in pubs now, but had to use the RDS in comp. The Kobra is amazing on the SCAR for a couple reasons. The most obvious is the open sight picture. However, the T shape of the Kobra is spectacular for having a reference point while leading targets or adjusting for bullet drop. This is very important on the SCAR due to the slower velocity.

For secondary sight, I used the laser sight for the longest time. For my monitor, the green laser stands out more when ADS. This is nice for countering the visual recoil (different from normal recoil) that happens when tap firing. However, the visual recoil isn't very severe on the SCAR, so I've learned how to compensate without a laser. Instead, I run magnifier for that extra option to either double tap HS a head glitcher at range, or when watching down a mid-long range lane.

For grip, I ran angled for a long time. This was due to the fact that with it, your FSM is practically 1, giving you an extremely good recoil pattern for tap firing. However, I was losing fights at close-mid range to M416s and ACEs. Given the SCAR's DPS, that shouldn't happen. What was happening is I either was tap firing too much or too little, either making my spread too high or making my effective ROF too slow. So I switched to the stubby grip for a couple of reasons. First reason is obvious, to counter the SCAR's natural high spread per shot. The second reason is due to the lower max spread. This allows me to mag dump the SCAR when shooting exposed enemies up to about 20m or so and still maintain accuracy. This helps a lot in the SCAR's case. It allows you to take full advantage of the SCAR's superior killing power up close.

For barrel, I've tried them all for a while. Compensator felt nice at first, but the SCAR already has low H-recoil and the spread increase is pretty large. I really liked running around in pubs with the heavy barrel for a while. However, even after practicing with it, the recoil is just too much to be able to consistently hit head glitchers and mid-long range targets that are in cover. That means that it is useless in competition. On the other hand, the muzzle brake on the SCAR is amazing for killing head glitchers and mid range targets. It's also amazing for lining up easy headshots. This is why you see a lot of competition players use it. However, using the muzzle brake on the SCAR also loses the primary advantage of the stubby grip. Naked barrel or a suppressor are both absolutely amazing, if you are good at compensating recoil, drop, and leading targets. You'll still be able to kill head glitchers, and targets in cover. Naked vs suppressor depends on if you're more close or long range. You don't lose a lot by using the suppressor, so keep that in mind.

TL;DR
Use a naked barrel or suppressor with a stubby grip for an extremely efficient setup. If the recoil is too much, "train" with the muzzle brake, but get rid of it when you can.

Interesting post. I've been running SCAR with AG + MB/FH and while both setups are amazing at med-long ranges I've found the combo rather lacking in short/med ranges for some reason I couldn't quite put my finger on. I'll test it with stubby+FH, if you are correct and it does help with those ranges, I might just go back to SCAR again.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 8:55pm

Okay, the SCAR-H is my baby. It's my most used weapon, and the weapon I used when I played competitively. There have been several occasions where I have messed with the attachments to find what works for me.

For primary sight, I prefer Kobra in pubs now, but had to use the RDS in comp. The Kobra is amazing on the SCAR for a couple reasons. The most obvious is the open sight picture. However, the T shape of the Kobra is spectacular for having a reference point while leading targets or adjusting for bullet drop. This is very important on the SCAR due to the slower velocity.

For secondary sight, I used the laser sight for the longest time. For my monitor, the green laser stands out more when ADS. This is nice for countering the visual recoil (different from normal recoil) that happens when tap firing. However, the visual recoil isn't very severe on the SCAR, so I've learned how to compensate without a laser. Instead, I run magnifier for that extra option to either double tap HS a head glitcher at range, or when watching down a mid-long range lane.

For grip, I ran angled for a long time. This was due to the fact that with it, your FSM is practically 1, giving you an extremely good recoil pattern for tap firing. However, I was losing fights at close-mid range to M416s and ACEs. Given the SCAR's DPS, that shouldn't happen. What was happening is I either was tap firing too much or too little, either making my spread too high or making my effective ROF too slow. So I switched to the stubby grip for a couple of reasons. First reason is obvious, to counter the SCAR's natural high spread per shot. The second reason is due to the lower max spread. This allows me to mag dump the SCAR when shooting exposed enemies up to about 20m or so and still maintain accuracy. This helps a lot in the SCAR's case. It allows you to take full advantage of the SCAR's superior killing power up close.

For barrel, I've tried them all for a while. Compensator felt nice at first, but the SCAR already has low H-recoil and the spread increase is pretty large. I really liked running around in pubs with the heavy barrel for a while. However, even after practicing with it, the recoil is just too much to be able to consistently hit head glitchers and mid-long range targets that are in cover. That means that it is useless in competition. On the other hand, the muzzle brake on the SCAR is amazing for killing head glitchers and mid range targets. It's also amazing for lining up easy headshots. This is why you see a lot of competition players use it. However, using the muzzle brake on the SCAR also loses the primary advantage of the stubby grip. Naked barrel or a suppressor are both absolutely amazing, if you are good at compensating recoil, drop, and leading targets. You'll still be able to kill head glitchers, and targets in cover. Naked vs suppressor depends on if you're more close or long range. You don't lose a lot by using the suppressor, so keep that in mind.

TL;DR
Use a naked barrel or suppressor with a stubby grip for an extremely efficient setup. If the recoil is too much, "train" with the muzzle brake, but get rid of it when you can.

Interesting post. I've been running SCAR with AG + MB/FH and while both setups are amazing at med-long ranges I've found the combo rather lacking in short/med ranges for some reason I couldn't quite put my finger on. I'll test it with stubby+FH, if you are correct and it does help with those ranges, I might just go back to SCAR again.

It does help a lot more than you'd think. It brings the SCAR's SIPS down to almost ACE levels and lowers max spread from 1.5 to 0.99. This allows for accurqte mag dumping at close range. The lower SIPS allows for either longer bursts or faster recovery between bursts. The time you allow between bursts does have a noticeable factor, even when microbursting. That's why I don't use a compensater.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 8:56pm

I run HB+Stubby on it, it's quite usable. I'd recommend Suppressor+Stubby for CQB though.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 10:14pm

I run HB+Stubby on it, it's quite usable.

Not for shooting head glitchers or mid range targets in cover in any kind of competitive setting, it isn't.