Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 18th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, April 25th 2014, 4:55am

I have been thinking about running with an MPAPS as a gunner in a tank, since it might help in the battle.

The MPAPS as a gunner is simply OP. Thankfully no one uses it.

One time though, I ran into a Sabot-Canister shell tank with an engi (repair tool) and support (ammo box, MPAPS) player inside. Neither died the entire round, and this is on Golmud, keep in mind. Its absolutely OP vs LAVs, very strong vs tanks (can block 2 shots+1 from tank APS, you eat a shell then MPAPS is up again) and great vs attack choppers, low flying attack jets and boats.

I'd like to go on record by saying I like you already :)

*Activates Jedi Mind Powers*

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, April 25th 2014, 7:04am

Best support loadout would be something like

AWS
P226
Ammo pack
C4/XM25
V40 minis

However my personal best loadout

AK5C
G18/93r
Ammo pack
XM25
V40 minis

I have tried and tried, but honestly using the LMGs in this game is just handicapping yourself. They are only good for flanking in metro and locker where you can take out half the team with their backs turned.

Sure, you can roll with M240B and micro burst but why bother when other guns can do it better, faster and stronger? Unless of course you like it.

Ill admit though, the AWS is more like a rifle with LMG mag size and im grinding out all the attachments to really utilize the potential of this gun.

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, April 25th 2014, 8:28am

I agree with everything Noctyrne says other than the indirect fire upgrade path. I personally always run defensive simply because it offers far more benefits than indirect fire's few and specific benefits. The one benefit that was noted of being able to restock a group inside a scout heli while having max indirect fire can be done by throwing an ammo box on top of the vehicle, as it sticks while it is in flight. Only problem with that is that it has a fairly high chance of being blown up while in a catfight with another chopper. I also tend to run other LMG's than the AWS, as it's honestly not as powerful as most others. If you have trouble with the absurd uncompensatable horizontal recoil on some of the better LMG's, then the AWS is fine, but you're losing the benefit of extreme consistency that you get from running a 34 damage LMG. This is coming from someone that prefers to play mostly as infantry though, so that will obviously affect your setup.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 25th 2014, 8:53am

C'mon, Viper's not the only Support Expert here.

And now, did we measure "Support Expert" by support score or by total LMG kills :P :P (sry Viper, I have played assault/engie as much as possible but then the times of rage always come, and there's only one medicine for that ^^)
The MPAPS as a gunner is simply OP. Thankfully no one uses it.

It should be with the driver because the gunner has to play rep bitch. And then again the Indirect fire is golden for resupplying the gunner with rockets without the driver needing to get out, lay ammo, and get the gunner camp on that box.
I agree with everything Noctyrne says other than the indirect fire upgrade path.

Noctyrne is still right. Even ignoring vehicles and just keeping that XM25 in action - with only 10 rounds you essentially need to stand on an ammo box before shooting the first mag to get replenished in time. The more you sit on your own ammo, the less your mates elsewhere get use of it.

Choosing multiple mechanisms of supplying ammo instead of having defensive is a no brainer. That ammo can be critical for maintaining a push, for defending a flag, etc. I can't count the times I have lost the fight for a flag, and then the flag, against a tank/lav just because I ran out of rockets and mines. Many flags in many vehicle maps can be dominated by infantry but only if they can maintain that anti-vehicle spam. While that defensive is ever so marginally likely to save your own petty life as most deaths are certain deaths in any case (caused by inappropriate positioning, unwinnable engagements, etc.).
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, April 25th 2014, 9:20am

I agree with everything Noctyrne says other than the indirect fire upgrade path.

Noctyrne is still right. Even ignoring vehicles and just keeping that XM25 in action - with only 10 rounds you essentially need to stand on an ammo box before shooting the first mag to get replenished in time. The more you sit on your own ammo, the less your mates elsewhere get use of it.

Choosing multiple mechanisms of supplying ammo instead of having defensive is a no brainer. That ammo can be critical for maintaining a push, for defending a flag, etc. I can't count the times I have lost the fight for a flag, and then the flag, against a tank/lav just because I ran out of rockets and mines. Many flags in many vehicle maps can be dominated by infantry but only if they can maintain that anti-vehicle spam. While that defensive is ever so marginally likely to save your own petty life as most deaths are certain deaths in any case (caused by inappropriate positioning, unwinnable engagements, etc.).

Clearly. While saving your own hide is pretty nice, Battlefield is about teamwork. Keeping 31 others alive, healthy, and fully stocked with ammo is ALWAYS going to beat just you.

It's why Assaults should be running Medkits and/or Defibrillators with Combat Medic.

It's why Engineers should run Mechanic with a Repair Tool handy.

It's why Recon should... Recon should...

It's why Support should be running Ammo Boxes with Indirect Fire.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Apr 25th 2014, 9:26am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 25th 2014, 9:21am

If you really need more than 2 magazines of the airburst to kill someone, you're either not going to kill them, or you're using it at inopportune times. At most when I use the airburst, I need 2-3 shots to finish someone off who I was just dueling with after they broke because they were losing. I did say I never run vehicles, so I would get almost no benefit from a tier 4 Indirect Fire. It's also the player who needs ammo's responsibility to look for an ammo bag if they need it that badly, and if you're doing what you should be, your ammo bag should always be on cooldown and behind cover, moving with the front. The tier 1 defensive upgrade also increases your chances of winning duels with competent assaults by a large margin as well, because we all know LMG's are nowhere near the power level of commonly used assault rifles. I can't tell you how many times I've won a duel with a good assault player and had within the range of 3-10 HP left.

Now, if we're talking about spamming the airburst as a primary... which you should never do in the first place, but if you do, it's fairly simple to throw down your ammo box before you swap to it and begin to unload everything. Still no reason to forgo the benefits of defensive for a slightly larger airburst ammo capacity.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, April 25th 2014, 9:28am

I don't know what the 'best' support loadout is but I can tell you the one I use when I play as a laid-back, "come get your ammo", support:

- DMR of choice (ACE 53 SV in my case), with a medium range optic of choice
- Shorty - DMR user's best friend
- UCAV
- Ammo box
- Indirect fire perk for more ammo boxes / faster resupply

It's basically a DMR role + infinite ammo nest. I soften / finish up the enemies for the guys pushing, and I take out the pesky snipers. Also great for defending a flag if you find a good power position.
The UCAV is an amazing (overpowered imo, but whatevs) indirect fire gadget for taking out infantry groups or lone snipers, helping out your engies against a tank, disabling some unsuspecting helicopter (or just killing everyone in it), getting rid of all the passengers on a FAC in one blow, cleaning up rooftops, *etc*.
Since they added ammo boxes on the minimap/fullmap, I don't need to be chasing people around to give them ammo, they usually come to me, provided I move up just behind the main pushing line.

Other setups I use but not as often:
- ACE 53 + Mortar + UCAV when pushing outside @ Op. Locker
- LMG (M240B, MG4, AWS) + C4 + Ammo when playing aggressively on CQ
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 25th 2014, 9:32am

If you really need more than 2 magazines of the airburst to kill someone, you're either not going to kill them, or you're using it at inopportune times. At most when I use the airburst, I need 2-3 shots to finish someone off who I was just dueling with after they broke because they were losing. I did say I never run vehicles, so I would get almost no benefit from a tier 4 Indirect Fire. It's also the player who needs ammo's responsibility to look for an ammo bag if they need it that badly, and if you're doing what you should be, your ammo bag should always be on cooldown and behind cover, moving with the front. The tier 1 defensive upgrade also increases your chances of winning duels with competent assaults by a large margin as well, because we all know LMG's are nowhere near the power level of commonly used assault rifles. I can't tell you how many times I've won a duel with a good assault player and had within the range of 3-10 HP left.

Now, if we're talking about spamming the airburst as a primary... which you should never do in the first place, but if you do, it's fairly simple to throw down your ammo box before you swap to it and begin to unload everything. Still no reason to forgo the benefits of defensive for a slightly larger airburst ammo capacity.

The trouble with this is that you're playing Support like it's a generic infantry class. It should not be treated as such. Battlefield is about teamwork. You alone are not enough to take a well-defended objective. Having Body Armor isn't going to help your teammates. Having more Ammo Boxes and Resupply Unit is.

And there are times where there are a lot of people around a corner or they're competent enough to back off and one XM25 AIRBURST magazine is not going to cut it.

It is very clear you're focused too much on lone wolf infantry play. Having the ability to resupply more people with more Ammo Boxes and with the Resupply Unit is invaluable to your TEAM. Body Armor only benefits YOU.

And there is no "I" in "TEAM"

because we all know LMG's are nowhere near the power level of commonly used assault rifles.

This statement alone made me vomit. LMGs are clearly the powerhouse weapon now, not that I'm complaining. They have comparable accuracy to ARs, better damage dropoff, more suppression, and far larger magazines. They only fall short in reload times, which a teammate should be covering you for. So tell me, just how do ARs beat LMGs again?
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 25th 2014, 9:42am

And there is no "I" in "TEAM"

This statement alone made me vomit. LMGs are clearly the powerhouse weapon now, not that I'm complaining. They have comparable accuracy to ARs, better damage dropoff, more suppression, and far larger magazines. They only fall short in reload times, which a teammate should be covering you for. So tell me, just how do ARs beat LMGs again?
There is also no "TEAM" in random pub games.

The .3 to .1 accuracy discrepancies alone will cause you to lose out against any competent assault. You miss a single shot because of your .3, while theirs are going to almost always hit you. This is coming from one of the top ranked infantry players in the world in Planetside 2, so I know the many intricacies of competitive play after losing duels in in-house practices simply because I was using a weapon that had a ROF of 25 under my opponent's. :)

edit: Not to mention the majority of more powerful LMG's have an absurd amount of uncompensatable horizontal recoil, while the more commonly used AR's do not (or have it to a much less severe degree), which alone causes the LMG user to have to tap-fire much more than the AR user which increases his TTK substantially.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "OneOhOne" (Apr 25th 2014, 10:08am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 25th 2014, 9:47am

The .3 to .1 accuracy discrepancies alone will cause you to lose out against any competent assault.

There's something called the Heavy Barrel that places the LMGs ADS accuracy right next to an AR's. Furthermore, the LMGs have comparable fire rates to the popular ARs.

On top of that, I'm pretty sure PS2 doesn't have Suppression.

edit: Not to mention the majority of more powerful LMG's have an absurd amount of uncompensatable horizontal recoil, while the more commonly used AR's do not (or have it to a much less severe degree), which alone causes the LMG user to have to tap-fire much more than the AR user which increases his TTK substantially.

The AN-94 Masters would like a word with you about that statement.

In fact, 3VerstsNorth has clearly shown a microburst has the fastest TTK, beating out full auto.

Your statement is completely false. If you can't tap fire at the weapon's RPM, that's on you, not the weapon.

@3VerstsNorth
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.