Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "RwAHellBoy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 24th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 9:15pm

Best support setup?

Hey guys I was just wondering what you think the best setup for the support class is because I plan on playing with it for a while. It would be great if the gadgets had a mix of long and short range.

RwAHellBoy

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 9:21pm

• Primary Weapon of choice
  • Secondary Weapon of choice
  • Ammo Box
  • Gadget of choice
  • Grenade of choice
  • INDIRECT FIRE Field Upgrade

Notice how Ammo Box is highlighted.

Personally I'd roll with an AWS and M1911 purely for nostalgia reasons. Always use an Ammo Box because this is what Support is made for. And Gadget 2 should be situational.

Mortar or UCAV for long range attacks behind cover. XM25 Airburst for dealing with roofcampers. C4 for anti-armor. You get the idea.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Apr 24th 2014, 10:02pm)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 9:49pm

What Noctyrne said.

For infantry maps the XM-25 is usually a good all around gadget, the clays are only good if you are a camper, mortars and UCAV for indirect fire, and C4 if you plan on being mobile.

Most LMGs are pretty comparable, run with one you like. MG4, AWS, and M240B are solid choices if you want suggestions.

Always run ammo, and give it away like its going out of style.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 10:08pm

• INDIRECT FIRE Field Upgrade

Why? The extra ammo perks are redundant when you're carrying an ammo box, and due to the fluid nature of BF4, having an extra ammo box deployed is almost as likely to benefit the enemy as your team, unless you're playing metro/locker.

I'd go with Defensive for extra survivability instead, or possibly Shadow if you want to sneak around and C4 stuff.
bob

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 10:12pm

Why? The extra ammo perks are redundant when you're carrying an ammo box, and due to the fluid nature of BF4, having an extra ammo box deployed is almost as likely to benefit the enemy as your team, unless you're playing metro/locker.

You can never have too much ammo. Two Ammo Boxes doubles the resupply rate if you're in both radii or you can resupply two different locations at once. The extra Mortar and XM25 ammo actually does help since their resupply times are rather abysmal.

But the real boon is Resupply Unit. This gives Scout Heli crews the ability to resupply their rockets without needing the pilot to jump out and throw an Ammo Box on the chopper.

The universal paths are great, but they aren't what Support aka Ammo Guy should be using.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 10:47pm

Noctyrne pretty much nailed it already. Many LMGs are really good and can be played in a manner that is competitive against or even better than ARs in an anti-infantry role.

Ammo I have even bound to a mouse key to hand it out in a whiz.

XM25 airburst is IMO by far the best gadget in terms of being most widely usable. Mortar is cool for taking out campers outside Lockers for a breakthrough flank, but is really quite situational and does not complement the LMG that well. C4 can be used to blow up stuff incl. tanks, but is not on par with Engie tools in anti-armor. Claymores are just annoying as fuck and pretty useless against good players. UCAV is what Viper should comment on. But the airburst, man it's versatile.

1. Cleaner: When that assault/engie hides behind the obstacle to reload and shed off the suppression from your LMG, he's dead :). Always fire 4 grenades to get that kill for sure. Fire 5 only when there are multiple enemies or when you don't have a good lock: firing all five gives you 4 when reloaded and then you need to reload again.
2. Pokeball: Are you not sure in which house the enemy is hiding in when he is capping your flag? Is that doorway a trap? Shoot single rounds through different windows/doors/openings and watch out for hitmarkers.
3. Anti-transport: Transports helis have those annoying miniguns but open side doors. Wait for the pilot make the mistake of hovering too low over a flag and fire away. With ~4 good hits, you kill all gunners, passangers, and inflict a mobility critical.
4. Long-range slayer: the effective range of airburst is quite a bit greater than that of your LMG. If you spot guys in cover (say behind house corners or in the open sheds of Guilin C) at such a distance that getting the kills with LMG is not sure, let the nades fly. Probably you get the kill or a few, but you will also cause enough distraction to get food for the LMG that you have had the time to deploy again while the nades were still in air. Killing roof campers belong to this category as well. Conversely, on the main roof of Shanghai DOM, XM25 is the ultimate trolling device.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Apr 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, April 25th 2014, 12:08am

Personally, I find C4 far more valuable of a tool than the XM25, while the XM25 is great for taking out headglitchers and things of that nature you can also do that with some well placed taps right under the red triangle floating over their head. I know personally, I probably have 10x the amount of vehicle destroys from using C4 than I do using an Engineer launcher, the amount of tanks and LAVs you can catch tunnel visioning is crazy, at least a few per match.

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, April 25th 2014, 1:11am

Hey guys I was just wondering what you think the best setup for the support class is because I plan on playing with it for a while. It would be great if the gadgets had a mix of long and short range.

RwAHellBoy

Here the best load outs based on game mode:

Conquest:
-Mag-fed LMG: AWS (This is the "ACE23" of LMGS - more so than the ACE23 in fact imo) or QBB (not as good, but great for use on the move with an ergo and HBAR)
-Shorty 12G (because LMG hip fire sucks, and you only need a few rounds) or Suppressed 9mm (if you want a more traditional gun)
-XM25 (undeniable the most versatile gadget as 3VerstsNorth said) or C4 (you'll help you're team more with the XM25 since a lot of recons take C4, but C4 is still C4)
-Ammo Bag (Whole point of support)
-M67 (XM25 plays a similar role as V40's and RGO's, the M67 is the highest dmging + you don't need to worry about running out)
-Defensive (Honestly, the ammo bag upgrade and resupply unit provided by the indirect can help the team, two mags for the XM25 is enough, especially since you have an Ammo Bag, so I'd stick to the Defensive which will sometimes help you're team more by saving a ticket)

Rush, Attack:
-Gen. Purpose MG (34 DMG ones) or DMR (maybe with a IRNV/FLIR and flash hider)
-Suppressed 9mm
-M224 Mortar (once again, the XM25 will work, but the XM25 can be operated remotely so)
-Ammo Bag
-Smoke (or RGOs if you really feel the need, but you should be making use of that mortar) or Flashbangs
-Indirect fire (more mortar Ammo, more ammo boxes to help team mates)

Rush Defend/Obliteration:
-Belt fed LMG (LSAT is great for distance, Type 88 is fine, MG4 has that 800 rpm)
-Unsuppressed CZ75 (greater DMG at a distance, and you won't be flanking as much as on offensive)
-APS (especially on metro/lockers - not enough people use this)
-Claymore
-Flares (anti NV scopes) or Incendiary (MCOM deterrent)
-Perimeter Defense (+more claymores!!! and APS upgrade)

Here's my Domination/Defuse/Anti Vehicle one for fun
870 Flechette (M1014 is better technically)
Five Seven
C4
Ammo
Flashbangs
Defensive

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "HolyBalls111" (Apr 25th 2014, 1:18am)

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, April 25th 2014, 1:16am

You can never have too much ammo. Two Ammo Boxes doubles the resupply rate if you're in both radii or you can resupply two different locations at once. The extra Mortar and XM25 ammo actually does help since their resupply times are rather abysmal.

But the real boon is Resupply Unit. This gives Scout Heli crews the ability to resupply their rockets without needing the pilot to jump out and throw an Ammo Box on the chopper.

The universal paths are great, but they aren't what Support aka Ammo Guy should be using.

If you are running the XM25 and ammo bag, don't go Indirect Fire unless you're spending time in a heli or are gunning for a tank, stick to the good old defensive perk - it might just save you, which in turn saves a ticket for your team (trust me, thats more helpful than two ammo boxes). However, with the Mortar, you should consider the indirect fire perk seriously. By the way, anyone know if the indirect fire perk resupplies the UCAV (which I still haven't gotten just because I honestly suck at jets)?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 25th 2014, 1:22am

If you are running the XM25 and ammo bag, don't go Indirect Fire unless you're spending time in a heli or are gunning for a tank, stick to the good old defensive perk - it might just save you, which in turn saves a ticket for your team (trust me, thats more helpful than two ammo boxes).

... You're joking, right? I rarely use Body Armor because I have something that blocks bullets entirely. It's called hard cover.

By the way, anyone know if the indirect fire perk resupplies the UCAV (which I still haven't gotten just because I honestly suck at jets)?

UCAV has its own resupply timer independent of Ammo Boxes. Indirect Fire doesn't give extra UCAVs either.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.