Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "JPull07" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 6:36pm

Suggestion

I really dig the power of the acw-r, in truth it's my top weapon. Is there another carbine other then mtar thwt has that kind of power for up close and can also be decent at mid to long? I find when i go for something up close, i end up getting hosed in mid to king engagements .i prefers carbine simply cuz its available to all classes

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 6:45pm

ACE-52.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 6:53pm

I've heard that before but wanted some more reliable amswers..cuz I've also heard it starts to have real issues at some ranges. Why in your opinion would it be good for this role?

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 6:57pm

It's not that it's good for the long range role. It's just that it's the only other carbine on the level with the ACW-R in terms of TTK in close quarters that doesn't completely suck at long range. Also, 20 vs 15.4 makes a lot of difference.

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 7:24pm

SG553 is another carbine that is very similar to the ACR but is much more accurate. I would recommend a stubby and compensator for the loadout, the horizontal recoil of the weapon is its only downfall, so the compensator helps to mitigate that and the stubby is just always useful. The stubby can be exchanged with the ergo grip if wanted.

You can also try out the A-91, but don't expect a lot of range effectiveness with it.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 8:00pm

As Sun said, ACE52 is the one you want. Remember that when engaging targets at range fire 1-2 bullets a time and don't spam that trigger so that recoil settles and you can be as accurate as possible.

Because of it's extra damage over the standard carbine model at range it is still very effective and i'd say much more effective than the ACW at those ranges while being the best short range weapon in the game IMO. Ergo + Compensator is my fav current loadout with it but Ergo + Muzzle break is also great (ohh well here goes any cred I had, not to mention that muzzle break thread I made). Hell, even Angled + Muzzle break for OMG ESL versus 1337 headglitchers is great too.

On a slightly off topic subject you should check out a video on YT called "Giant Scar". Been my fav vid for weeks now and shows just how effective the Scar / ACE52 are :D
theaha for president!!!

"RIP Flare Glitch. 10/1/13-11/25/13. The game will never be the same without you." - Labby

Date of registration
: Feb 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 8:17pm

This is not necessarily something you're looking for, but I found AK5c with HB/ergo to be overall a really effective carbine including short-medium ranges, just because despite of it's high ttk you can often outshoot your opponent by moving because you have bonuses from both HB and ergo. And it's as effective as a carbine can get at longer ranges. I used to loathe carbines and reluctantly used ACW-R when I had to run engineer, but since discovering this loadout I'm actually enjoying engie play.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 8:49pm

I've tried the g53 but for some reason I seem to hit my targets better with the acw. Maybe it's just my time using that weapon and I know howto hhandle it.. Just wish I could be better at mid to long with it and I'dnever use another weapon.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 9:21pm

I agree with the ACE 52 suggestion but that gun does require some major playstyle changes over the ACR. In that regard, the suggestion of the AK5C might suit you a bit better. The AK5C is very well balanced across all ranges so if you expect a bigger mix of engagement ranges then it is a very good choice. Decent ROF, low recoil, and low spread increase per shot are its strengths.

Date of registration
: Feb 24th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 10:00pm

another easy to use carbine is the AKU-12, but it suffers at RPM so close range is not the best.

Laser sight, Kobra, Suppressor, stubby (my aku loadout)