Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 6:01pm

That's why i like 1x FSMR so much.

*1/2x

You can have all of them.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 10:07pm

It may be easier to limit your bursts to two shots with the slower-firing M240, if that's what you mean

That's always what i mean. After spending 2 years using the AN-94 and BF3's marvelous HB, holding down the trigger just feels wrong to me. Even if i want to do it, mechanically speaking, my body doesn't do it. I microburst everything from PDW's to LMG's and all the way through carbines and assault rifles. That's why i like 1x FSMR so much.

Gotcha.

While it is also my instinct (* see footnote) to fire 2-bursts in most situations, I think the numbers (FSRM < 1) come down on the side of tap-firing the "big three" MGs at all times (even if the visual recoil/firing animation/whatever it is can make this tough to do).

-----

* "Instinct" is probably not the correct term for it. It's more of a habit developed over much time playing several of the games in the series. I still tend to hold down the trigger at close range or sometimes during those "oh, shit!" moments when surprise makes me lose my cool (and yes, those two categories frequently overlap).

Date of registration
: Sep 29th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 8:25pm

Ergo, heavy barrel 240B. Tapfire three-round bursts.

By no means. You should never fire the 240b on the move or in more than bursts of 3. The super high spread inc. per shot dictates the stubby, and a suppressor or compensator is much preferable.
"Reporting for duty commander" *Cue MEC loading theme*

Gamer tag = xESxMaver1ck911

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 10:26pm

240b is easily superior, if for nothing else but the extreme consistency that a 34 damage LMG brings to the table.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, May 3rd 2014, 6:27pm

240b is easily superior, if for nothing else but the extreme consistency that a 34 damage LMG brings to the table.
Define easily superior

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, May 4th 2014, 12:48am

AWS if you play Assault more than Support, otherwise use the Bravo.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Monday, May 5th 2014, 6:56am

Define easily superior

look it up yourself, it's not hard to see if you're a competent shooter and know how to use LMG's. that's also without considering the suppression differences of the two.

Date of registration
: Mar 18th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Monday, May 5th 2014, 8:50am

Personally, I feel that both guns are very useful in different niches: AWS as an accurate, aggressive gun, and the M240b as a defensive, high risk- high reward gun.
The AWS is accurate with a large mag and high RoF. This essentially means it can be used as an assault rifle.
The M240B has incredible damage potential, but it's spreads and recoil leave something to be desired. Best used at long range or close range, since your ADS moving spread sucks. This isn't important in CQC (being accurate with this gun in CQC negates the spread issue) and long range (where you shouldn't be moving).
All in, use the AWS for aggressive modes like rush or on small, flanking maps. The M240B is a stronger gun in most circumstances due to it's damage model but only in a highly skilled player's hands. An unskilled player will have extremely difficulty using the M240B.

I'd like to go on record by saying I like you already :)

*Activates Jedi Mind Powers*

Date of registration
: Apr 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Monday, May 5th 2014, 11:24am

I think that every consideration come down to 2 main point.

1) What is your play-style. If you are more a run-and-gun player, you should definitly pick the AWS, it fits perfectly in that place. I think the proupose of this gun is to make easier the transition from Assault to Support. I love the AWS, but honestly I think that it is more an AR than a LMG. Fast reload and basically no suppression from is bullets.

2) How good are you to control the recoil. If you are able to control it, you should go for the M240B.

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 6:41pm

I would like to think that the platform and mode (Core/hardcore) also plays in the equation.

Why I say platform is that I guess recoil control is something else on PC than it is on console.

I play on PS4, and only play hardcore.
One would think that the 240 would be a quick choice as it's a 2-hit kill, but in my opinion the higher recoil and the slower rate of fire makes me miss the target (especially moving ones) a bit to often to choose it over the AWS.

On hard core, on short to medium range you can use the AWS as you would any assault rifle. One tap/burst is usually enough to send 3-4 bullets on target which is more than lethal.
On longer ranges, 2-3 bursts can often do the job, and slapping a Hbar on the AWS makes it almost as accurate as an AR so it is a deadly weapon on longer ranges to.

The suppression in Hardcore I think does not come into effect as much as in core.
Simple reason is that even a completely suppressed scrub can send away 2-3 shots on target (you) and you're dead anyway.
I played quite a bit with the harder hitting LMG's, always playing the support role to it's full, doing some serious suppressive fire, but I just never got that feeling that it helped me or my team that much. With the AWS, instead of getting a lot of supression I'm getting more kills/assists.
I'm assuming the 240 would suppress the enemy more, but I just get "killed back" to often to get any joy out of it.
PS3 & PS4 - 46inch Sony Bravia - Balls of Steel