Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Sablemike_92" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 1:06am

AK5C - the workhorse of BF4?

lately I've been playing a lot of SA conquest and rush, trying to unlock the SA weapons (it's not easy on xbox 360 ok?!). Most of the time I've been running engineer with the AK5C, Compact 45, rockets and repair tool. This has been my go to "workhorse loadout" for capping and holding objectives and moving around the battlefield for quite some time now. Recently I've noticed how effective I am at taking out enemies at long range with the AK5C.

When I started playing I thought that it was just a mediocre weapon, but now I've realized what a power house it actualy is when it comes to taking out enemies at all ranges due to its low recoil. I started experimenting with different attachments and situations to use it in, and it seems to work well in any circumstance.

I think it comes down to the fact that everything about this gun is very well balanced. The incredibly easy to control recoil pattern which is basically straight up, the slight hipfire advantage of being a carbine, the 700 rpm ROF; low enough to allow for accuracy but still high enough to not be outgunned by every enemy you face; it's just a very allround weapon. It doesn't really outperform any other weapon; ARs are better for ADS accuracy, there are many guns that outperform it both in rpm and hipfire as well as damage. But it seems to be the greatest at being good overall.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 1:10am

Straight from Gamescom: "The AK 5C is a weapon that any player can pick up and learn to use easily."

In other words, it's designed to be easy to use. From the get go it was designed as a jack of all trades, master of none. Their wording had given me concern that this would be the M16A3 of Battlefield 4 because they described it exactly the same way the M16A3 was. A good all-rounder.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 1:22am

Straight from Gamescom: "The AK 5C is a weapon that any player can pick up and learn to use easily."

In other words, it's designed to be easy to use. From the get go it was designed as a jack of all trades, master of none. Their wording had given me concern that this would be the M16A3 of Battlefield 4 because they described it exactly the same way the M16A3 was. A good all-rounder.

If that is the case though, it makes me wonder the point of the ACE 23 being balanced as it is (I know it is not the M16A3, but it is by far the easiest AR to use).

With the AK5C as "that gun" it would seem like class specialty weapons should have avoided the middle ground as much as possible.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 1:38am

I will just add this chart (that I made for another thread) here:

Most-Used Weapons by Time

It's the most-used weapon in the game (by time equipped).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pmax" (Apr 9th 2014, 1:46am) with the following reason: punctuation

Date of registration
: Oct 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 8:22pm

I cannot for the life of me understand what the SAR is popular for.
Lemmings be lemmings

Date of registration
: Nov 1st 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 8:30pm

LevelCap made a video about how good the SAR is at long range, so the average player now believes it better than the AK-12 in every way. That's the only reason I've personally heard people state when I ask why they use it.

Date of registration
: Nov 4th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 9:26pm

The G36 with the recent mega buff it got is easier than the Ak5c, the 50 rpm difference is not horrible yet 650rpm is slow.

am I the only person who enjoys rush?

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 9:33pm

Surprised to see the SG553 so low and the CZ-805 and 3A1 not even on it.

Guess only if some putz makes a video telling you something is good is the only way they will use it.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "The World Champion" (Apr 9th 2014, 9:45pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 9:41pm

Quoted

It's popular among console players, due to the recoil.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 9:49pm

snip

LevelCap made a video about how good the SAR is at long range, so the average player now believes it better than the AK-12 in every way. That's the only reason I've personally heard people state when I ask why they use it.

That and your average Battlefield scrub treats LevelCrap's videos like gospel, so ofc errybody gotta be like "UH LVLCAP SES IS GUD, MUST USE HUR HUR HUR HUR HURRRR" :thumbdown:
Guess only if some putz makes a video telling you something is good is the only way they will use it.
^THIS.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)