Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 4:12am

When I used to be in the "Muzzle Brake = scrub attachment" phase, I ran SCAR-H with only Ergo and Flash Hider. Now I run it with Muzzle Brake + Ergo to lower recoil for ease of use. Much of my BF4 time is spent playing Team DM, where the average engagement ranges are much shorter than in other modes. The Muzzle Brake allows me to double-tap headglitchers and targets obscured by cover much more quickly, and if you're having to do long bursts or magdumps with the SCAR-H to care about the spread increase penalty, something is seriously wrong.

Why not just run a naked barrel + Angled foregrip instead of the setup I use? I've thought of that before, but I'm not sure if it's worth giving up the moving accuracy bonus to ADS and hip. Theoretically, I could do Heavy Barrel + Angled to get some ADS moving accuracy back, but consecutive shots after the 2 kick too hard to stay on target on enemies behind cover.

In fact, I don't even think Heavy Barrel is still even worth the benefits on many of the guns in BF4 even -after- the moving ADS buff. There's a few exceptions, but I would almost never slap on a Heavy Barrel on most guns period. If I have to use a heavy barrel, I'm not using the right gun or approaching a situation correctly.

• "choZen1990" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 9:45pm

So if tapfiring guns, muzzle brake and compensator don't have real downsides?

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 10:12pm

So if tapfiring guns, muzzle brake and compensator don't have real downsides?

for very short bursts, the additional amount of spread is probably negligible. for the compensator more so than for the muzzle break because comp reduces horizontal recoil.
on some guns however muzzle brake can start hurting your accuracy very, very quickly, I believe SCAR-H, AEK and FAMAS fall into that category.

the "real" downsides are no HB. No HB = No 100% better accuracy on the first shot and - maybe more importantly - no better moving spread ADS accuracy.

comp + ergo good, muzzle + stubby silly
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "WoopsyYaya" (Apr 9th 2014, 10:26pm)