Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 01:46. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "HolyBalls111" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 8:40pm

Tried the qbu out again tonight after reading this thread. I just do not understand the appeal. The potential to need 4 shots is there with this one, reload speed is so bad I feel like I am using a LMG and it has half the ammo of other DMR'S. velocity is nice as well as recoil, but its short commings far out way these positives.

The QBU is really a high skill high reward kind of gun. It's like the AS Val. You got to know the gun and become as accurate as possible with it, and know when to take cover and reload and when to charge.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 8:42pm

Top 5 in the world with the MK11 MOD here on Xbox one. I have used most all of the DMR's and I settled on this one because I find it to be the best combination of high damage model, fast bullet velocity, quick reload, and in my testing the most predictable recoil pattern. With the right firing rate the high right pull is a complete non factor. Qbu is nice but the slow reload and low ammo is a deal breaker. Scar h sv and ace 52 drop like shit from heaven at the 100m range.
Load out is vanilla for me. Prisma 3.4,angle foregrip, canted irons, and flash hider.
I used the scar h sv for 900 kills and ended up with about 16% accuracy. Swapped for the MK11 with identical attachments and accuracy went up to nearly 25% over these 3700 or so kills.

Ever considered the SVD 12? Fairly quick reload + 5 less rounds but good velocity. But it looks like you found you're gun anyway, I do think that the MK11, SCARH, and ACE 53 were all balanced extremely well against each other.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 8:49pm

I'd also like to experiment with some of the 260rpm DMRs dealing 50 up close, maybe with a slight (~30) rpm cut. The RFB would be the perfect target of study for this since it's a bullpup (and therefore more sexy).

Sorry man, 50 rpm is definitely not happening (according to DICE, not me). And considering the fact they've refuse to budge on the G36 ROF, well, you're stuck with the SR338. And honestly, 50 dog regular DMR's (with 260 rpm) would really be a game breaker for me. I've been getting killed by DMR's more PDWs over the last few months, and I think that's a sign that the current DMG model is working quite well. It would be annoy as fuck if all DMR's could down you in two bullets at close range (they're called marksman rifles for a reason).

The the QBU and SKS have the 34 eng DMG to represent how they're rounds are less power IRL than the 7.62x54mm and to compensate for they're higher ROFs. What would be awesome would be to see the RFB get 300 rpm since its velocity is so low and its bull pup and all.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 8:56pm

Well, given that Body Armor exists, I don't think that 50 damage DMRs would really be a problem. I see 50 damage as a way to finish off heavily injured targets rather than 2HK people. If I wanted them to be a hard 2HK I'd say 54 damage.

And PDWs suck, no one uses them. If you're engineer on an open map, the second-to-last thing you want is a P90 (the last is an 870). I like the idea of having PDWs for engineers driving vehicles but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule. I finished my PDW unlocks and went little further with the weapon class, it just sucks. Comparing a weapon class that has awful performance and can only be used on one class to a weapon class that has average performance but can be used on every class is kind of unfair.

Comparing DMRs to PDWs is like sending a tiger to go kill a puppy while granddaddy t-rex (AR) sits in the back laughing at all of them.

Really, the problem with all of this is Body Armor complicating the math. Were BA not a thing, I'd say 49-42 damage for the high damage DMRs and 43-34 damage for the lower damage DMRs. Just shy of 2HKs up close and OHK headshots at range for the high damage and functional with OHK headshots and 3HK normal kills over range for the low damage DMRs.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 9:06pm

Ever considered the SVD 12?

The SVD-12 and the Mk11 Mod 0 are basically the same thing, just that one pulls left and the other pulls right. Similar muzzle velocity (edge goes to SVD-12), similar reload speeds (edge goes to Mk11 Mod 0 due to AR magwell and bolt system). The 80m vs. 60m Damage Drop-off is now moot point because all "heavy" DMRs kill in 3 shots regardless of range and Body Armour usage. I'd say he will do just as well one or the other, so no need to switch :P

SVD-12 vs MK11 MOD 0 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

Date of registration
: Feb 3rd 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 9:39pm

And PDWs suck, no one uses them

That is far from the truth considering not everyone plays conquest. PDW's do quite well in team deathmatch, squad team deathmatch, and domination. I would even use them over assaults in these game modes.
"You'll never walk alone"

Date of registration
: Oct 15th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 12:18am

Top 5 in the world with the MK11 MOD here on Xbox one. I have used most all of the DMR's and I settled on this one because I find it to be the best combination of high damage model, fast bullet velocity, quick reload, and in my testing the most predictable recoil pattern. With the right firing rate the high right pull is a complete non factor. Qbu is nice but the slow reload and low ammo is a deal breaker. Scar h sv and ace 52 drop like shit from heaven at the 100m range.
Load out is vanilla for me. Prisma 3.4,angle foregrip, canted irons, and flash hider.
I used the scar h sv for 900 kills and ended up with about 16% accuracy. Swapped for the MK11 with identical attachments and accuracy went up to nearly 25% over these 3700 or so kills.

Ever considered the SVD 12? Fairly quick reload + 5 less rounds but good velocity. But it looks like you found you're gun anyway, I do think that the MK11, SCARH, and ACE 53 were all balanced extremely well against each other.
I would not call the MK11 the best DMR, but I have an extreme soft spot for AR bodied guns. (Had 17k kills with the 417 in bf3) I really just want folks to know if you prefer to go American in the DMR class you are not giving up much performance. :D

Date of registration
: Nov 26th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 1:23am

QBU is nice for CQC, but I don't know how you guys can stand the 4HK at range. Or maybe it's just on X360 that people are running Defensive all the time, because I can never get 3HKs with the QBU/SKS damage model. 4HK gives way too much time for your opponent to react.

ACE master race.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 2:00am

[Double post for some reason]

Can users delete their owns posts? I don't know how.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 2:00am

I use the M39 on huge maps as Support using the following:

PSO-1 [Looks really good on the M39, makes me feel slightly compensated by the M39's lack of 8x scope]
Nuffin' on the barrel.
Laser Sight, usually turned off unless I'm in a building or something.
Bipod.

Makes for great long-range support and a deadly beast while bipodded. Keep in mid this is HC where DMRs are 1-2 hit kills.

Haven't used the QBU much since they changed the damage models, but I'll agree that it's a stellar choice.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.