Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 12:39am

If your using the mk11 you may aswell swap to the svd, mag and reload for me don't make up the the muzzle velocity bonus you get with the svd =)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 2:15am

If you're using the mk11 you may aswell swap to the type88, mag and reload for me don't make up the the muzzle velocity bonus you get with the type88 =)

triple fix.

anyway seriously,if you care only about bullet speed,then why go for the svk when you've got a type88? put an Hbarrel on that(and maybe an ergo grip as well if you can stand it) and you got the most precise dmr of all.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 2:43am

If you're using the mk11 you may aswell swap to the type88, mag and reload for me don't make up the the muzzle velocity bonus you get with the type88 =)
triple fix.

anyway seriously,if you care only about bullet speed,then why go for the svk when you've got a type88? put an Hbarrel on that(and maybe an ergo grip as well if you can stand it) and you got the most precise dmr of all.
QBU/SKS are 4 shot kill at long range with body armour but the others are always 3 shot kills.

Anyway I think OP's suggestions are good but I'd also like to see improved hip fire on DMRs overall.

Date of registration
: Feb 3rd 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 5:53am

Favourite DMR would definitely be the ace 53 sv but... I find that the ace52 cqb with single fire is quite good too.
"You'll never walk alone"

Date of registration
: Oct 15th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 6:00am

Tried the qbu out again tonight after reading this thread. I just do not understand the appeal. The potential to need 4 shots is there with this one, reload speed is so bad I feel like I am using a LMG and it has half the ammo of other DMR'S. velocity is nice as well as recoil, but its short commings far out way these positives.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 6:20am

QBU has only 1 issue mag size, and that is its draw back. The 4 shots to kill at range isn't actually a disadvantage, because you can land 4 shots with the qbu before you can land 3 with the mk11. Therefor the gun technically exels in all areas apart from mag size and reload. The SVD is a great alternative to the qbu, providing simular muzzle velocity to the qbu, but also giving similar recoil patterns to the mk11 but in reverse. The ace 53sv in my opinion is useless, the only advantage it has is its mag size, and quite frankly with a DMR if you need to use all of those bullets then you are doing something wrong, plus asoon as people hear that psh they turn and shoot, so mag size isnt really relative apart from in the case of the qbu. The m39 and SKS are honorable mentions and although stats don't show the m39 to be fantastic, the fact you can steady your scope on both the m39 and the sks is a huge advantage at range. So if I had to recommend 3 DMRs to be counted as the "Best" I would say the following:
(In no particular order)
1. QBU
2. SVD
3. SCAR

Attachments for all of them consist of AG/JGM/HB/LS <----- I believe this setup can be adopted for all DMRs and is mandatory for success.

Each on of those DMRs deals with different situations. The QBU is very adaptable for all ranges, the SVD is focused on mid to long and the SCAR is very capable at CQ but mainly excels in MID-LONG

Hope this helps Justinellis

Date of registration
: Oct 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 6:45am

QBU has only 1 issue mag size, and that is its draw back. The 4 shots to kill at range isn't actually a disadvantage, because you can land 4 shots with the qbu before you can land 3 with the mk11. Therefor the gun technically exels in all areas apart from mag size and reload. The SVD is a great alternative to the qbu, providing simular muzzle velocity to the qbu, but also giving similar recoil patterns to the mk11 but in reverse. The ace 53sv in my opinion is useless, the only advantage it has is its mag size, and quite frankly with a DMR if you need to use all of those bullets then you are doing something wrong, plus asoon as people hear that psh they turn and shoot, so mag size isnt really relative apart from in the case of the qbu. The m39 and SKS are honorable mentions and although stats don't show the m39 to be fantastic, the fact you can steady your scope on both the m39 and the sks is a huge advantage at range. So if I had to recommend 3 DMRs to be counted as the "Best" I would say the following:
(In no particular order)
1. QBU
2. SVD
3. SCAR

Attachments for all of them consist of AG/JGM/HB/LS <----- I believe this setup can be adopted for all DMRs and is mandatory for success.

Each on of those DMRs deals with different situations. The QBU is very adaptable for all ranges, the SVD is focused on mid to long and the SCAR is very capable at CQ but mainly excels in MID-LONG

Hope this helps Justinellis
I guess it just boils down to personal preference. I have put in the hours and can run the MK11 more effectively than any other DMR. Stats back this up. (My QBU accuracy is identical to the MK11 but with worse KPM. I attribute this to downtime reloading the gun and not engaging more than a pair of targets at a time) You on the other hand get a 2% bump in accuracy over your next best DMR using the qbu. Not something I would turn my back on if I were you either.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 8:50am

I voted for the RFB, because that is what I am currently focusing on. It is no longer Real Freakin' Bad if you insist on using DMRs with a Suppressor. I did a write-up on it here: Silenced RFB - actually not Really Freakin' Bad

Anyways, I will stay away from the "balancing suggestions," because I think people will always propose to buff what they like and nerf what they always get killed by. Instead, I prefer to talk about what they currently are.

The QBU-88 is the Symthic favorite for very good reasons. Here are what I think the viable setups for it:

QBU-88 vs QBU-88 (Attachments) | BF4 Weapon Attachment Comparison | Symthic

With the recent Heavy Barrel's ADS - Moving Spread buff, coupled with the QBU's innate Bullpup bonus, means a Heavy Barrelled QBU-88 essentially has the same ADS - Moving Spread as a standard DMR using Ergo Grip: QBU-88 vs SCAR-H SV | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

Then, you can pair it with the Angled Foregrip and only have to deal with 0.804 V-Recoil, which is 20% lower than all of the remaining DMRs save M39 EMR and SKS. ADS - Not Moving Spread is now a mere 0.031, way more accurate enough for the 4x mid-range scopes you can equip.

For even more mobility, and if you think 0.062 ADS - Not Moving Spread is good enough (which is nothing to sneeze at; guaranteed headshots out to 85m or so), plus even better ADS - Moving Spread and the best Hipfire - Moving Spread in the class, do Flash Hider + Ergo Grip.

Both setups have essentially the same 0.8 V-Recoil, so the recoil management will be the same. See which style fit you better.

Date of registration
: Mar 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 9:03am

I started to use the M39. If you ask me this is a super underrated weapon. 300RPM with normal DMR damage if you ask me makes it the best all around DMR.

This. I arrived to the same conclusion after extensively testing SCAR/ACE/QBU and M39 (SVD-12 will be the last one I test). The recoil becomes manageable with MB and increased ROF lets you win significantly more mid-range engagements against automatic weapons.

MB/Angled ForeGrip work great with the M39. While it normally has atrocious recoil, this setup allows the user to spam the living hell out of the gun while still maintaining a bit of accuracy.

I'd like to go on record by saying I like you already :)

*Activates Jedi Mind Powers*

• "HolyBalls111" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 8:38pm

I started to use the M39. If you ask me this is a super underrated weapon. 300RPM with normal DMR damage if you ask me makes it the best all around DMR.

This. I arrived to the same conclusion after extensively testing SCAR/ACE/QBU and M39 (SVD-12 will be the last one I test). The recoil becomes manageable with MB and increased ROF lets you win significantly more mid-range engagements against automatic weapons.

MB/Angled ForeGrip work great with the M39. While it normally has atrocious recoil, this setup allows the user to spam the living hell out of the gun while still maintaining a bit of accuracy.

Really? I'm surprised so many of you like the M39, but then again, I haven't tried it with an angled grip. It's just that the horizontal looks atrocious, plus, with the .1 ADS accuracy, it's already less accurate than all the DMR's (other than the SKS and ACE). I personally still think it would be cool to see the M39 get less horizontal recoil and 0.05 ADS accuracy and have the usually 260 rpm to make it more of a long range weapon like it is IRL. On the other hand, the RFB could take the 300 rpm, since it doesn't have much going for it and has a ridiculously low velocity (especially compared to it's fellow bull pup).