Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 03:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "HolyBalls111" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, April 4th 2014, 9:00pm

Preferred DMR and DMR Balancing

Since the DMR patch at the beginning of the year, this class as seen a lot more use. What are all your favorite DMRs? Also, what DMR's do you think are under/overpowered?

While DMR's are now effectively balanced against the other classes, I feel the balancing inside the class is worse than PDW's and almost as bad as the Snipers: it feels like like you either choose the SCAR H or SKS. Here's the changes I feel like should be made. What do you guys think?

M39 EMR: Work IMO. Not sure what DICE was thinking, 300 rpm, but 570 m/s, and a terrible recoil pattern: 0.4-.7-.4. If it was 0.2 h recoil on either side that would make more sense. I also think it should trade the 300 rpm for a better ADS value since the real life thing is *not* a CQB weapon.
RFB: Also not the best DMR. If it just got the above guns 300 rpm tho, it would be fine. The RFB is clearly a DMR for CQB (by that I don't mean PDW range, I just mean closer than the avg DMR). That would pretty much it though - because it has such a low velocity, a better RPM would really help it out.
SVD-12: Not a bad gun, but has a ton of kick to the left. If the v recoil was lowered to .3 (same as right), then that would make this a pretty good DMR for long range. A .2 spread increase would be nice too
SKS: Really bellows below because it is very well balanced atm - however, I kinda feel like it should be a 4 shot kill (30 end DMG). Thoughts?

No Change:
Mk11 Mod 0 (could use less v recoil because of high right recoil, but a decent DMR overall, 550 m/s, short reload)
ACE 53 SV (This closely rivals SCAR-H for best DMR, 25 rd mag is nice, and 560m/s too, balanced by .1 ADS spread)
QBU (This is a really well balanced DMR, highest velocity, 2nd highest ROF, bull pup modifiers, balanced by small mag and long reload)
SCAR-H (ACE 23 of the DMR imo, well balanced in every area)

Overall, I'd just like to see the M39 EMR give the RFB it's ROF (so we have an SKS alternative) and the SVD-12 and EMR getting a slight accuracy buff and less recoil.

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, April 4th 2014, 9:07pm

Less recoil and less spread on SVD-12 ? I would love to see this.

Date of registration
: Nov 4th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, April 4th 2014, 9:18pm

I started to use the M39. If you ask me this is a super underrated weapon. 300RPM with normal DMR damage if you ask me makes it the best all around DMR.
While the side to side recoil is annoying AF, its not horrible since its a semi auto gun and at long ranges you wont be spamming the hell out of it. Im loving this gun.

am I the only person who enjoys rush?

Date of registration
: Feb 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, April 4th 2014, 10:54pm

I started to use the M39. If you ask me this is a super underrated weapon. 300RPM with normal DMR damage if you ask me makes it the best all around DMR.

This. I arrived to the same conclusion after extensively testing SCAR/ACE/QBU and M39 (SVD-12 will be the last one I test). The recoil becomes manageable with MB and increased ROF lets you win significantly more mid-range engagements against automatic weapons.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 4th 2014, 11:00pm

The World Champion's number 1 gun is the M39. Severs have been cleared because of this gun, hate mail beyond belief has been sent because of this gun. So many have been sent packing to beyond because of this Ah-Gun. SO you can take what you said about it and just....fell really silly about it.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, April 4th 2014, 11:18pm

QBU88
310 rpm lets you compete up close and the 10+1 round mag prevents you from spamming it (which means I'm forced to play better). Ergo+HB is pretty neat on it because it gets the bullpup moving spread. I'd like to see the long-range damage changed to 36 to beat body armor though. Needing to connect with 4 shots out of 10 at long range is kind of silly and stupid.

I'd also like to experiment with some of the 260rpm DMRs dealing 50 up close, maybe with a slight (~30) rpm cut. The RFB would be the perfect target of study for this since it's a bullpup (and therefore more sexy).
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, April 4th 2014, 11:22pm

well,i think the answer is obvious:type 88,svk-12 and m39 are the best dmrs,there's no questioning on it,right?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, April 4th 2014, 11:42pm

I would put my money on the qbu atm, and world champion if you are referring to the #1 dmr user in the world, he only plays conquest on OP locker... The qbu when mastered not only allows for you to take on AR users at cq but equally take on snipers at mid range. I play with Stodday the #4 sniper in the world, if you stand still you will be head shot quickly the qbu allows you to move and shoot effectively at mid range. The scar is good but dosnt have the same kill potential that the qbu does. Hope you guys can take something from this. It's mearly my observations when trying counter snipe =)

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 4th 2014, 11:54pm

world champion if you are referring to the #1 dmr user in the world, he only plays conquest on OP locker...

...............what?
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Oct 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 12:02am

Top 5 in the world with the MK11 MOD here on Xbox one. I have used most all of the DMR's and I settled on this one because I find it to be the best combination of high damage model, fast bullet velocity, quick reload, and in my testing the most predictable recoil pattern. With the right firing rate the high right pull is a complete non factor. Qbu is nice but the slow reload and low ammo is a deal breaker. Scar h sv and ace 52 drop like shit from heaven at the 100m range.
Load out is vanilla for me. Prisma 3.4,angle foregrip, canted irons, and flash hider.
I used the scar h sv for 900 kills and ended up with about 16% accuracy. Swapped for the MK11 with identical attachments and accuracy went up to nearly 25% over these 3700 or so kills.