Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, April 7th 2014, 9:26am

I'd say it has to do with the nature of the recoil vs firing method.

When you tap-fire the M416 you get the appearance of more H-recoil. The asymmetrical recoil of the M416 is easier to handle while doing longer bursts and dragging to the left.
With the ACE 23 the more symmetrical recoil is easier to tap-fire. You get less side-to-side bouncing and more vertical bounce. If you go for headshots or long range bodyshots with the M416, this will result in more bullets flying over the shoulder of your target.

Try shooting slightly to the left of center when tap-firing the M416 and you should improve without having to master asymmetrical recoil tap-firing.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

Date of registration
: Nov 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, April 7th 2014, 9:09pm

Compensator does not improve hipfire spread.

to be clear, i didn't intend to imply this. i meant merely that a compensator helps hip fire with regards to recoil, whereas as far as i know the heavy barrel does not have any effect other than the increased vertical recoil during hip fire.

Date of registration
: Feb 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, April 7th 2014, 9:31pm

Compensator does not improve hipfire spread.

to be clear, i didn't intend to imply this. i meant merely that a compensator helps hip fire with regards to recoil, whereas as far as i know the heavy barrel does not have any effect other than the increased vertical recoil during hip fire.

Actually it can be argued that compensator hurts hipfire because that's when you go full auto most of the times and increased spread per shot noticeably affects full-auto accuracy.

Date of registration
: Sep 29th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 4:06am

@searingsky

The issue you might be having is similar to how i just can not use the ACE with a 4x optic while i've got 2,399 kills with the M416 using exclusively ACOG 4x/Heavy Barrel/Angled Foregrip, so i run the ACE with a Cayote, supp, and ergo for a low key AR load-out and have even higher degree of success with the HB using the RDS sight. Dat Feels.

This aside, i suggest you use the AFG/HB combination with whatever sight you're comfortable with on the 416 if the FSM is your issue, especially if you're tap firing, and even if you're doing some upclose work ADS and HIP fire are not terribly adversely affected to the point you require Ergo/Laser. I play on console and have a 14.7% accuracy with the 416 over 13.8% on the ACE, take that as you may(I PTFO, I don't corner peak or play terribly conservatively and rarely get less than a 2 K/D). Neither of these weapons have prohibitively difficult Vrec or Hrec and as you already pointed out the aggregate Hrec is of the same magnitude for both weapons while one is asyemmetrical and the other symmetrical. The argument that a compensator is inherently better for one or the other I have had MANY TIMES with 3vertsnorth and tehmoriz and it doesn't stand up to scrutiny when comparing equal magnitudes weapons that one will be easier or more difficult to predict and adjust for. IF you are tap firing and not mag dumping or even tap firing while strafing side to side like a Counter Strike fool the Heavy Barrel is no doubt better than a compensator between 3 and 5 rounds bursts both with the ERGO and the ANGLED; suboptimal playstyle/attachments =/= optimal set ups. The penalty to Vrec with the HB is by no means rediculous, so please just give this a try and see what it does for you. This will even allow you to reach out and touch some people out to 200m on single fire with some regularity and practice (I'm thinking of snipers laying on the mountain at Altai range while i'm at the base near the Chinese spawn, or when I'm playing Rush on Operation Firestorm and on defense when snipers lay on the American spawn hill engaging from the first set of MCOM stations)
"Reporting for duty commander" *Cue MEC loading theme*

Gamer tag = xESxMaver1ck911