Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Erudius" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 8:19pm

SR338 (naval strike sniper DMR)

So after watching several videos, all I can come up with is that you will either love the SR338 or you will think it is absolute crap.

Has anyone here handled the weapon?
How did it feel?
What is the best situation for the rifle?
Does it respond like a high-powered DMR or does it respond like a true auto-fed sniper rifle?

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 8:27pm

From what I've seen in videos, people were treating it like a DMR which it obviously isn't meant to be.

Considering that it has no grip options with only the bipod available, I gather that it's meant for longer-ranged combat than the DMRs. Using it up close with that spread should be a last resort.

Back in BF3 I played Recon with the MK11/Bipod/8x setup and used it more like an LMG than a sniper; with the way the SR338 looks to behave that's the best course of action. Long-medium ranged support suited better for Snipers rather than Marksmen. With it's damage model, I can see it having a powerful presence in Hardcore, with many Core players disliking it.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

• "Erudius" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 8:40pm

True... most of them aren't using the bipod.
Seeing that it took 2 headshots or 3-4 body shots was a bit disconcerting to say the least... doesn't seem like the damage model was based on sniper rifles, but you're right - the damage model may be meant for HC play. Though it seems odd that they would place that much of a skew on the damage.

Andreas

Bandreas

(22)

• "Andreas" has been banned

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 8:48pm

It's a 2-3 shot kill. At close range, it's got the 1SKH going for it. It's not affect by body armor at min damage. In my opinion, it's bridging the gap between snipers and DMRs by combining the snipers' min damage (assuming 338. Lapua) more or less with the DMRs' max dmg (more or less). It's not ideal, but it should work out nicely for players looking for a conservative DMR playstyle. Depending on the velocity, a suppressor could be good. In addition to this, it should have tracers, which will make long range shots easier.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 8:52pm

The thing feels really good. It has really horrible spread increase, but you'll quickly identify the optimum fire rate (it's like the M82). I think it's going to be my go-to sniper.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 8:56pm

The bullet tracers are the best thing the gun has going. And the worst.
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 9:12pm

I've used the weapon and I can tell you that it is extremely weird. If you are standing up and firing, you are gonna want to keep your RPM at around 100, or else the ridiculous spread increase will kick in. After like 3 shots you will be firing at like 1.0 spread. The thing thats funny with it is that if crouch, you will get no spread increase per shot. So if you happen to crouch, you can fire at max rpm at 0.0 spread with no penalties.
Otherwise, its a glorified DMR that is actually pretty shit

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 9:37pm

@R

I think that may be a consequence of every other Bolt Action receiving the same treatment in the balancing patch.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 11:30pm

How do people even have access to it yet? Did I miss something and the NS maps are already playable? Or can you actually unlock it on other maps for the C4 kills?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 11:34pm

@Imitation

Going on to servers that have the "Unlock All Weapons" option turned on lets you test out weapons you haven't unlocked.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.