Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Retribution Iv" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 12:58am

With DICE changing the ROF of the L85A2, is it possible for the G36C to finally get buffed?

So I know others besides myself were a little surprised when DICE changed the ROF of the L85A2. It seemed like a weapon that was pretty balanced with it's 800RPM ROF that was countered by the reload. However what surprised me and a few others is that DICE claimed that weapons ROF was a set value and could not be changed... So the question a lot of people ask themselves is "why can they change the ROF on one weapon, yet say it cannot be done on another?" The G36C in it's current state is just a trash weapon, to be quite frank. Some may argue that it's easy to manage rate of fire is good for players lacking recoil control. However there are better guns that fire faster than the G36C like the AKU-12 and AK 5C, while still being easy to use. I think DICE is already aware that people want a G36C change. Do you guys think they will finally buff the ROF?

A side theory of mine (probably not correct due to the weapon animation in relation to ROF) is that the 800 RPM ROF was a placeholder on the L85A2 and when it accidentally leaked they didn't want to go back on what was already launched... Potentially why they can justify changing the ROF on the L85A2 and not the G36C.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,268)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 1:12am

The only way for the G36C to get an ROF buff is to raise money and buy them a new one. They're not raising the ROF on the G36C because "they're sound recordings indicate that it fires ~650 RPM." If that's true, they probably have a faulty G36. Let's all pitch in to buy them a new one and prove that it is 750 RPM.

Or we can just take it as is.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 1:40am

I would agree with this but how come they can change the ROF on the L85A2 and still have the sound match up? Unless they are just using 800 RPM ROF with 750RPM animations? I would be surprised if anyone threw money DICE's way at this point for BF4, most people are disappointing and done with BF4. Which is quite sad to be honest...
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,268)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 1:46am

It's not a problem with the game's audio file and animations matching up. They can fix it whenever they want since automatic fire is likely just a single shot put on a loop. They only need to change the delay in the loop to change fire rates. The problem here is that during their live fire tests/recording sessions for "research," their G36C evidently fired closer to 650 RPM. Their L85A2 could've been firing at 780 or something and they decided to tone it down. Who knows. But the reason why they're not buffing the G36C by 100 RPM is because their "research" does not show it fires that fast.
Data Browser

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 2:24am

Just be happy they didn't go all the way down to 610, which is the low end of the SA80s cyclic rate range. The problem is really that rifles have a relatively wide range of cyclic rates.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 5:27am

But the reason why they're not buffing the G36C by 100 RPM is because their "research" does not show it fires that fast.
They will cave eventually. People have already calling them out on it with the Heckler & Koch site saying that the ROF is at 750. The manufacturers should know their own weapons... Regardless of what DICE's "research" shows. We can only hope :)
- Gen. George S. Patton

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,268)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 5:52am

@Retribution Iv

People have already cited the factory specifications. Demize's response? "650 RPM is consistent with our recordings."
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 6:14am

It's odd to me that they made ROF adjustments for other weapons, but continue to be so stubborn with the G36c - going against the manufacturers specs?

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 8:06am

https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/428775833969623040

Wouldn't get my hopes up for an RoF increase, to be honest. Maybe a buff to its h-recoil instead, which would make it an ease-of-use longer-range carbine (oxymoron, I know).

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 8:51am

I know Alan Kertz already said that was their recordings however this was back when they were leading us to believe that ROF could not be changed.. Now that they have shown they can change ROF. People have more grounds to demand the proper ROF.
- Gen. George S. Patton