Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, April 4th 2014, 4:35pm

If DICE changes a number or two through server side patching, it's not a big deal.
-cut-

i'm not going to read,as i said BS because i forgot the sr-2 has a different damage model and 900rpm,where the cbj has the classic damage model with 700-750 rpm(still can't remember the precise number)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 4th 2014, 5:05pm

i'm not going to read,as i said BS because i forgot the sr-2 has a different damage model and 900rpm,where the cbj has the classic damage model with 700-750 rpm(still can't remember the precise number)

Please don't quote/summon me if there's absolutely nothing sensible to say.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, April 4th 2014, 10:16pm

I'm just gonna put in my two cents here.

I haven't gotten 1-2k kills with the AWS just yet, but it already feels like a much more comfortable gun for me to use compared to the M249. It may not have the suppression factor or the ammo count as the M249/MG4, but it already just feels so right in my hands. As mentioned before, the fact that you don't have to wait as long for the gun to be lifted back up as a regular LMG allows the Support kit to play a more aggressive role with it than the previously-mentioned comparisons (although that isn't to say that you can't be aggressive with those either). The reload is much faster, the recoil doesn't appear to be that bad at all, the mobility of the gun seems to be better than most - if not all - other LMGs, and it still has a good rate of fire that allows it to compete with more popular guns like the ACE 23.

Overall, this is going to replace the M249 for me.

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 1:46pm

I liked the AWS...and went promptly back to the MG4. Once the spread increase gets fixed, the MG4 is going to be better. For .05 total HRec more, you get 20 rpm more (irrelevant), and 200 rounds instead of 100 (relevant).

These were my thoughts after 1k AWS kills as well. Now approaching 2k, I appreciate ever more deeply the deployment time advantage (and spammability as well, the spread increase will not get fixed, ffs, it is just fine as is). I've lost count of how many times I have won surprise encounters against players with ARs, which would have been certain deaths when carrying a proper LMG. MG4 still really requires the player to have the mindset of elevated battlefield awareness. AWS let's you run around with your assault and engie squad mates like headless chickens, and still roflstomp the opposition.

A little question - what's the problem with the AWS's spread increase that people speak of, that needs to be "fixed"? If I'm right, it has a 0.3 base ADS spread with .085 spread increase, seems pretty normal.

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 1:55pm

I liked the AWS...and went promptly back to the MG4. Once the spread increase gets fixed, the MG4 is going to be better. For .05 total HRec more, you get 20 rpm more (irrelevant), and 200 rounds instead of 100 (relevant).

These were my thoughts after 1k AWS kills as well. Now approaching 2k, I appreciate ever more deeply the deployment time advantage (and spammability as well, the spread increase will not get fixed, ffs, it is just fine as is). I've lost count of how many times I have won surprise encounters against players with ARs, which would have been certain deaths when carrying a proper LMG. MG4 still really requires the player to have the mindset of elevated battlefield awareness. AWS let's you run around with your assault and engie squad mates like headless chickens, and still roflstomp the opposition.

A little question - what's the problem with the AWS's spread increase that people speak of, that needs to be "fixed"? If I'm right, it has a 0.3 base ADS spread with .085 spread increase, seems pretty normal.

ADS - Standing 0.3
ADS - Crouching 0.4
ADS - Prone 0.2

notice the difference between crouched and standing.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 5:44pm

The spread increase for 750-800 rpm guns is around .1.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 6:09pm

I was wondering what the difference in BTK is for MG4 and AWS since the MG4 has a better damage model:
here are the differences
BTK @107% is for body armor at 93% damage

so without body armor the difference sets in after about 40. Body armor brings that difference closer to about 30m.
Is it that much of a deal? Yeaa......noooo.....maybe :P
Yes because obviously it will make a noticable difference in TTK, then again you have 100 rounds so.....

@3verstsnorth
EDIT: I just read your post somewhere in this thread about player's not being full health. that's a good point and I am not sure how representative this table is of actual gameplay, maybe I should expand it to health points between 50% and 100% at 10% intervals....

the value is 0.769. i believe this difference is big enough that ergo will be the better choice, IF you run heavy barrel. if you don't, then stubby is still the best.

how does the stubby affect the formula for moving ADS spread?
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "WoopsyYaya" (Apr 5th 2014, 6:49pm)

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 6:53pm

@WoopsyYaya
Would you explain why BTK 100% @20.0DMG is 6HK? I know Hardcore HP is something like 60.000004 hitpoints but never seen any deviation from 100.0HP in normalcore.

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 7:00pm

@WoopsyYaya
Would you explain why BTK 100% @20.0DMG is 6HK? I know Hardcore HP is something like 60.000004 hitpoints but never seen any deviation from 100.0HP in normalcore.

the value is actually 19.95... it's misrepresentation in Excel :O
edit: fixed

Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "WoopsyYaya" (Apr 5th 2014, 7:12pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 7:27pm

@WoopsyYaya

This a great analysis, thanks for putting it up. My view indeed still is that given all the usual battlefield chaos, TTK/BTK are less relevant than the plain DPS. And even in this table, there are many blue zones! In each of those, that one bullet can mean that the less suppressed assault bastard has more time to put that last bullet into you.

Overall, I still think AWS has its place and I still have had a blast with it - mostly with friends that sprint even more than I do. And yet, the niche where AWS exceeds MG4 is not that large - extra DPS, extra bullets, and extra suppression is just amazing and very tangible with MG4 played with a degree of preconsciousness :).
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!