Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Slanderous Jackal" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 31st 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 2:01am

DMR Attachment Questions

The Stubby grip improves the accuracy for "automatic fire" I was wondering since it specifically mentions automatic fire if DMRs aren't improved by this attachment since they're single-fire weapons.

Another question I have is about muzzle brakes: even though it says it has an automatic fire penalty when you add it on to your selected DMR it still shows the accuracy decreasing. Is this an oversight or should you really put it on DMRs anyways?

Thanks to all the answers.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 2:07am

The Stubby grip improves the accuracy for "automatic fire" I was wondering since it specifically mentions automatic fire if DMRs aren't improved by this attachment since they're single-fire weapons.

Another question I have is about muzzle brakes: even though it says it has an automatic fire penalty when you add it on to your selected DMR it still shows the accuracy decreasing. Is this an oversight or should you really put it on DMRs anyways?

spread increase(the "automatic fire" of dic) works like this (non mathemtically)

as you shot,the moment the bullet can be registered as a hit,the spread(aimed or not) wil increase of a determined amount and lower of another amount x second as soon as the gun is ready to shot another projectile,so even on dmrs this can be felt if you are a dmr spammer,but,compared to other guns,dmrs feel it less due to semi-auto firing(full-auto guns never recover spread unless you stop firing) and to the fact that the recoil takes more time to settle than the spread itself,basically,the best attachments for a a dmr would be muzzle brake-and ergo/angled if you wait for recoil to settle,if not,just go for an heavy barrel or flash hider.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Feb 24th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 2:10am

Automatic fire means until the recoil is fully finished (The Mark 11's is 6 seconds) but even with that the only DMR I would use the stubby grip with is the SKS due to it being a better close range DMR. Muzzle brake is also good for medium range engagements but if your looking for a longer range DMR I would Recommend something like heavy barrel and angled foregrip. Hope this helped.

~Enclave

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 2:28am

Automatic fire means until the recoil is fully finished (The Mark 11's is 6 seconds).
I don't know what you are talking about. "Automatic fire" is just a loose term that DICE has written on BLog in order to "explain" what the stubby does.

@Slanderous Jackal
In short, the stubby grip lowers the amount of spread that is added with every shot, essentially allowing you to either shoot longer bursts with smaller penalties (rule of thumb: 5 shot burst with stubby is equivalent to 4 shot burst without stubby, without comp/muzzle brake), or shoot more often in semi mode with base spread. For DMRs, this means that you can shoot faster without suffering from increased spread.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 6:06am

a mk11 mod0 M39 EMR has a base spread of 0.1°, and a spread increase of 0.3° after a round has been fired. Muzzle Breaks and Compensators have a 1.3x modifier (+130%, 30% extra, etc) on your spread increase, a burden. 1.3*0.3°/rnd=0.39°/rnd
The stubby/potato grip has a 0.85x modifier on spread increase per round, a benefit. 0.85*0.3°/rnd=0.255°/rnd
You can combine the two to somewhat cancel each other out. 1.3*0.85=1.105, 1.105*0.3°/rnd=0.332°/rnd

Like I said before the spread increase is applied after each round is fired.
For a stock MK11 M39 EMR, your first round is fired with a spread of 0.1°, you add 0.3° for firing a round, then 0.3° after the 2nd.
If you follow the row for the Stock M39 you will notice that the spread is 0.1° - 0.4° - 0.7°.

Heavy Barrel and Angled Grip is also shown in my charts because I originally used the chart for comparing AR attachment combinations. Heavy Barrel and Stubby grip would be the ultimate way to keep your spread tight, but your v-recoil would be punishingly intense. I personally recommend you use a bipod unless you are going to use a heavy barrel which in my mind requires you to use the angled grip.

I will finish this post in several hours, it's late now. let me know what you think so far
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Lennox 203" (Feb 27th 2014, 8:24pm) with the following reason: finished post. fixed values in chart.

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 6:11am

@Lennox 203
Mk11's base spread is .05 actually

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 2:16pm

@R Yeah I realized that after I posted it. I only use the MK11 personally, so when I talk about DMRs that is what I reference most of the time. What I meant to say was the M39 EMR which does have a base spread of 0.1°, which makes the math a little bit easier. Thanks for the check though
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 2:33pm

Stubby increases the effective RoF if you want to shoot every shot at minimum (base) spread - and this 'optimal' RoF is not far from the DMR's max RoF. Muzzle brake decreases the effective RoF: in the long term, it is better to learn recoil compensation than to use MB. (See: Mouse click rates for optimal RoF)
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 5:38pm

Stubby increases the effective RoF if you want to shoot every shot at minimum (base) spread - and this 'optimal' RoF is not far from the DMR's max RoF. Muzzle brake decreases the effective RoF: in the long term, it is better to learn recoil compensation than to use MB. (See: Mouse click rates for optimal RoF)

I always felt that for the ranges you hope to engage with a DMR, precision aiming is required such that it's not realistic to accurately compensate the snappy recoil, and your best option is simply to wait for the recoil to settle. To that end, I find the angled grip is the most helpful. If you're trying to shoot closer to the max ROF by using stubby, spamming quickly, and compensating recoil, it seems like this will only be effective at relatively close range unless your compensation skills are supernaturally accurate.

Can you consistently land follow-up shots at 100-150m firing before the recoil settles? It seems like even 70m would be quite a challenge.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 5:42pm

100 m is no problem with hb/ergo on the QBU. 150 m without hb.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"