Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 28th 2014, 12:23am

The higher muzzle velocity is a very significant help, and the lower damage dropoff is insignificant (and that's an understatement, to be frank; It's very unlikely to ever have a noticeable effect). Considering how DMRs in general tend to have a muzzle velocity that's rather low, the SVD is probably on of the best weapons in its class, only really limited by its magazine capacity.
Sincerely, Kaiser Wilhelm II

Date of registration
: Nov 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, February 28th 2014, 1:48am

yeah, the SVD-12 probably had the biggest turn around of any of the DMRs from the patch, from possibly your worst choice to arguably one of the best in class guns. i find it a very effective gun now. conversely, the once-dominant ACE 53 SV appears to have caught a case of the suck via its new recoil pattern.

for my money, if i were going for a "close" range DMR i'd take a long look at running the M39 with comp and angled. main reason (besides my now-irrational hatred of the pre-patch SKS) is that the SKS is going to start getting fucked up by body armor around 40m but the M39 is going to continue to give no fucks whatever the range. the SKS doesn't fire that much faster nor is it that much friendlier in terms of horizontal recoil that it will be able to land that fourth shot fast enough to make a difference; M39 also conveniently ignores leg and arm hits for all intents and purposes, while the SKS does not. in addition, the EMR has a much better muzzle velocity for plugging those pesky moving targets. any DMR is going to get fucked inside 30m and the SKS is no exception, so the 10m where it's marginally better than the EMR don't make up for the remainder of the range where it doesn't play nearly as well. the SCAR-H or RFB are really good if you intend to run a suppressed DMR, the choice between the two largely revolving around whether you want to shoot from a stationary position or run and gun. in the first case, SCAR-H, in the second take a look at an RFB.

• "Tapap" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Friday, February 28th 2014, 3:55am

yeah, the SVD-12 probably had the biggest turn around of any of the DMRs from the patch, from possibly your worst choice to arguably one of the best in class guns. i find it a very effective gun now. conversely, the once-dominant ACE 53 SV appears to have caught a case of the suck via its new recoil pattern.

for my money, if i were going for a "close" range DMR i'd take a long look at running the M39 with comp and angled. main reason (besides my now-irrational hatred of the pre-patch SKS) is that the SKS is going to start getting fucked up by body armor around 40m but the M39 is going to continue to give no fucks whatever the range. the SKS doesn't fire that much faster nor is it that much friendlier in terms of horizontal recoil that it will be able to land that fourth shot fast enough to make a difference; M39 also conveniently ignores leg and arm hits for all intents and purposes, while the SKS does not. in addition, the EMR has a much better muzzle velocity for plugging those pesky moving targets. any DMR is going to get fucked inside 30m and the SKS is no exception, so the 10m where it's marginally better than the EMR don't make up for the remainder of the range where it doesn't play nearly as well. the SCAR-H or RFB are really good if you intend to run a suppressed DMR, the choice between the two largely revolving around whether you want to shoot from a stationary position or run and gun. in the first case, SCAR-H, in the second take a look at an RFB.

I see. I'll give them all a try. so the ace 53 recoil changed? has any others changed? I'm going to try the M39, RFB, and SCAR-H SV as my silenced choices.

Recoil wise the SCAR should kick less than the SVD-12 and the M39 should have a pretty even recoil. How should I treat a negative recoil stat?
Support>Assault>Engineer>Recon [Will play the class need the most by our team.]
[Support - Defend/XM25][Assault - ACE23 or SAR21/M320][Recon - 870MCS/motion sensors}
Flags over kills.

CLICK>>>MY BATTLELOG <<<CLICK

XBOX - Tapap
^Feel free to send me a friend request^
^please msg me in game also so i know where you're from^

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 28th 2014, 9:17pm

Recoil wise the SCAR should kick less than the SVD-12 and the M39 should have a pretty even recoil. How should I treat a negative recoil stat?
horizontal recoil picks a random position between two outer values, and a negative value to one side means the border is to the other side. -.1 to the left and .3 to the right, for example, means the weapon always kicks between .1 and .3 to right.
Sincerely, Kaiser Wilhelm II

Date of registration
: Nov 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, February 28th 2014, 9:58pm

I see. I'll give them all a try. so the ace 53 recoil changed? has any others changed? I'm going to try the M39, RFB, and SCAR-H SV as my silenced choices.

the ACE 53 SV is the biggest change; went from a SCAR-H equivalent -.1 to .3 to .3 .3 symmetric, so it's much more like the M39 now. while it still has a very low spread increase, it's not so low that it can keep up a significantly higher rate of fire than any of the other guns, especially with its relatively low base spread and big first shot multiplier. i don't actually think any of the other DMRs had recoil changes and certainly none that significant.

the M39 can be an okay silenced gun, but suppressing it loses one of its big advantages in terms of muzzle velocity. it's one of the reasons i like the suppressed guns i mentioned, as they lose much less of their velocity from a suppressor. they also have high base accuracy, so the heavy barrel is less crucial for them than it is for an M39, SKS or ACE. running angled + suppressor on the SCAR-H gives you a gun that is very easy to re-target for second shots thanks to their minimal horizontal recoil. suppressor + ergo is a good choice on the RFB to really maximize moving accuracy.