Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "HolyBalls111" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 5:17pm

So the CBJ-MS...Someone please help this gun!

Right now, the CBJ-MS is one of the lowest damaging (700 rpm with 22-12.5). It also has .4 h recoil in both directions, a long reload, and no under barrel slot. When I first tried out this gun, I expected it to utterly suck and that I would die instantly, but, to my surprise, while I was continuously dying from higher damaging guns, it has a nice unique feel to it (kinda like a nail gun...). It's almost as if it is miniature LMG (irl, this thing has a 100 round drum and bipod lol). It does have a super high velocity (520 m/s), low/medium v recoil (.29), and an ok spread increase (.091), but, still, the gun needs a little buff at least.

I'm thinking the problem isn't the base dmg (which helps out with the ARMOR perk to an extend) as much as its the end damage. Maybe if it was 22-14.5, it would actually make sense. It would be a 5-7 shot (taking armor out of the picture) and would be a defensive pdw. It would be perfect to riding along in a helicopter and picking off any enemies on the ground (like the AK5c but with 50 rds). The h recoil could also be reduced a bit. I think with such changes, it would encourage people to think twice before going with a carbine in Conquest. Thoughts anyone?

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 5:27pm

I agree. They could at least give it a damage buff or remove some of it's side to side wobble.
Yep!

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 1:08am

Yeah, all the thing needs is less horizontal recoil. I was using it today with a compensator and went 33-10something.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, March 4th 2014, 11:48am

I tried to hit Demize up on twitter about this gun. It has potential and I love the idea behind the gun. Your right, the main issue with the gun is the end damage (and I messaged him saying as much).

My fix - 22/17 damage model & raise the muzzle velocity to 615.
explanation - Now we have a usefull weapon, inaccurate (.9 horizontal still) but with a solid fire rate, good muzzle velocity, & a big clip - a nice little handheld LMG.

Hopefully, we can get a discusiion going with Demize on this one.

Edit: The horizontal recoil should also probably be in line with the Type 88 LMG (.35 - .35 --> total = .7) since they are very similar stat wise already. The end damage is truly the MUST fix aspect of the weapon though.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "BeAsTMode4MVP" (Mar 4th 2014, 12:01pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 4th 2014, 12:01pm

If it has 100 rounds in its mag IRL this could be what it needs to make it competitive in BF4... or at least "different and special". Heck, give it a bipod option too!

Right now I also find the thing lacks ammo in general - you need to put so many rounds downrange to make kills, I churn through the ammo supply for that thing faster than any other gun I use. You reload twice and you're out of ammo. Giving it 100 round magazine and 200 rounds reserved would at least make it stand out - the idea of it being the suppressive fire option for engineers.

I mean right now there's virtually no reason to use half of the PDWs when you have the AS-Val, CZ-3A1, PDW-R and MP7 floating around. The others wont see much competitive play unless they're made somewhat unique in certain aspects.

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2013

Battlelog:

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, March 4th 2014, 12:19pm

I mean right now there's virtually no reason to use half of the PDWs when you have the AS-Val, CZ-3A1, PDW-R and MP7 floating around. The others wont see much competitive play unless they're made somewhat unique in certain aspects.

I doubt that any of the PDWs will see competitive play, when you have the carbines as all class weapons.
I don't play competitively so I might be wrong on this one, but by design they are limited to close quarter combat, and are therefore useless on most maps where you would run engineer.

Date of registration
: Aug 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, March 4th 2014, 12:43pm

I doubt that any of the PDWs will see competitive play, when you have the carbines as all class weapons.
I don't play competitively so I might be wrong on this one, but by design they are limited to close quarter combat, and are therefore useless on most maps where you would run engineer.
Yep, giving PDW's to engineers makes little sense the way this game is played. In my opinion it would have been better if they replaced the BAR's with PDW's for the Recon class and renamed it Spec ops or something.
Pokeballs, C4 and a suppressed SMG. It would be beautiful.

But that's never going to happen.
"Not afraid of god-like opponents, just afraid of pig-like teammates."

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, March 4th 2014, 12:47pm

@Sapphidia
Giving the CBJ-MS 100 rounds in its mag would't fix it. It will still be an inaccurate, low RPM, low damage POS. It still has plenty of ammo, giving it even more ammo would not change anything - the problem will still be that you cannot kill anyone else in a straight up gunfight, heck, most good players are able to do 180s on the poor guys running around with the CBJ-MS. "Much ammo" is simply not something that can be used to offset abysmal values for accuracy, ROF AND damage. Right now, the CBJ-MS has a ton of bad bullets that it shoots slowly, giving it more bad bullets to shoot slowly would not help at all.

I still believe that a 50 round 25 max damage PDW is the way to go for the CBJ.MS. DPS on par with the AK5C and lot's of damage per mag, perfect for backraging groups of enemies, making it stand out against the high DPS PDWs that usually have ~2 kills per mag. Also, it's H-rec needs love.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, March 4th 2014, 12:49pm

Yep, giving PDW's to engineers makes little sense the way this game is played. In my opinion it would have been better if they replaced the BAR's with PDW's for the Recon class and renamed it Spec ops or something.
Pokeballs, C4 and a suppressed SMG. It would be beautiful.

But that's never going to happen.

Ermmm.... There's nothing really stopping you from using the recon class with pokeballs, C4 and a good hip-fire carbine (bullpup).

My point it that what the PDWs seem to do best compared to all the other weapon classes, is hip-fire. Again, I don't have experience playing competitively, but from I've seen usually hip-fire is not used "that" much. So building a kit around it is not going to pay off.
Most good players will head-glitch your hip-firing ass.