Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, February 7th 2014, 6:49pm

I really wish that DICE would acknowledge that they done goofed and put in guns that don't even exist yet. I'd rather have the old-wood RPK, AKS-74u and SVD-63 than planned variants of the AK-12 prototype.

Is this really a goof? The game takes place in a fictional 2020, so they have room for some creative license.
Well, that and there isn't even a planned SVD-12. I heard somewhere that Izhmash is actually planning to add a DMR to the AK-12 lineup along with the usual RPK and AKU, called the SVK-12. Considering it's visually similar to the rest of the -12 series, I'd say that it's the SVK and not the SVD. The keyword here, though, is that it's planned, and it probably won't get off the ground. These extra designs are in case the Russian Red Army adopts the AK-12, and since they actually have a surplus of AK-74M's, that's probably not going to happen. What I have an issue with is that someone actually brought this up with DICE, and they kinda brushed it off. It's like they use realism most of the time, then when they goof it, they just scream "FFFFAAAAANNNTASY WWWOOOOOORRRRRRLLLLLLDDD!!!!"

IMO, not cool. I know that Black Ops 2 took a similar stance, but all of the future guns were different in their own ways (see PDW-57 and M8a1), not just as a universal copypasta gun like the AK series in BF4.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, February 7th 2014, 7:02pm

Ifucking love it. for me it is the only dmr worth being used for long ranges. i dont know why but i have no trouble at all handling the recoil. use it all the time.

Was just gonna say :D

Good gun! Very accurate AND its got the highest muzzle velocity of any DMR which makes shooting at range even easier. Only downside I can think of off the top of my head is the magazine size is weird, like 9 or 14 or something daft like that :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, February 10th 2014, 6:17am

How much does bullet speed actually matter in terms of time to live on your target?

Because bullet speed barely affects drop unless its ridiculously low like the SKS and the target is over 150m away. There is less than 0.5m of drop between the QBU and the SCAR SV on targets over 300m away.

Basically I would use the Mark11 or SCAR SV over the SVD.

Date of registration
: May 17th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Monday, February 10th 2014, 7:31am

How much does bullet speed actually matter in terms of time to live on your target?

Because bullet speed barely affects drop unless its ridiculously low like the SKS and the target is over 150m away. There is less than 0.5m of drop between the QBU and the SCAR SV on targets over 300m away.

Basically I would use the Mark11 or SCAR SV over the SVD.

You end up connecting a lot more shots on moving targets or strafing targets with higher bullet speeds, this becomes more evident the farther away you are firing as well. Personally, I think the difference between 500m/s and 600 m/s is huge. It's a 20% increase, no doubt it's noticeable by everyone.

That isn't to say you couldn't get used to 500 m/s and be just as effective, it's mostly an ease of use stat but an important one.
Xbox One GT: Azazel The Fox
Battlelog

Toshiro

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, February 10th 2014, 8:34am

It's really like a harder to use, better version of the QBU, with a bigger mag, more recoil, and less spread.
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, February 10th 2014, 5:42pm

Except it has 260 RPM instead of 300... and its not bullpup. And it does more damage. Wtf was that comparison
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Date of registration
: Feb 24th 2014

Battlelog:

Monday, February 24th 2014, 11:07pm

It's the best DMR for me.

It's one of the three DMRs worth playing among QBU and SCAR. The SVD-12 is actually somewhat of a compromise between QBU and SCAR which makes it so good.
From the SCAR it got high damage, low spread (and low RPM).
From the QBU it got high bullet speed.
Of all three it has the highest recoil and a strange recoil pattern.

Spread is the most annoying thing among DMRs imho, because it's the number one reason I miss long range shots. I hate it so much, that I even equip the heavy barrel.
Bullet speed is incredibly helpful for long range as well (less drop) and against moving targets (less lead).
Recoil doesn't affect me that much. You just have to be controlled and disciplined between your shots to compensate for it.

It's nice that you can spam a QBU like mad with it's low recoil and high RPM. But to me the SVD still does well enough in those "panic" situations while having the long range advantage.

The way I play the SVD-12:
4x Scope
(optional canted ironsight if thats your thing)
heavy barrel (0.025 spread = win)
angled grip (=less first shot recoil multiplicator - you're almost always doing first shots anyways)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 12:32pm

I really wish that DICE would acknowledge that they done goofed and put in guns that don't even exist yet. I'd rather have the old-wood RPK, AKS-74u and SVD-63 than planned variants of the AK-12 prototype.

Is this really a goof? The game takes place in a fictional 2020, so they have room for some creative license.
Well, that and there isn't even a planned SVD-12. I heard somewhere that Izhmash is actually planning to add a DMR to the AK-12 lineup along with the usual RPK and AKU, called the SVK-12. Considering it's visually similar to the rest of the -12 series, I'd say that it's the SVK and not the SVD. The keyword here, though, is that it's planned, and it probably won't get off the ground. These extra designs are in case the Russian Red Army adopts the AK-12, and since they actually have a surplus of AK-74M's, that's probably not going to happen. What I have an issue with is that someone actually brought this up with DICE, and they kinda brushed it off. It's like they use realism most of the time, then when they goof it, they just scream "FFFFAAAAANNNTASY WWWOOOOOORRRRRRLLLLLLDDD!!!!"

IMO, not cool. I know that Black Ops 2 took a similar stance, but all of the future guns were different in their own ways (see PDW-57 and M8a1), not just as a universal copypasta gun like the AK series in BF4.

Well, it really should be the SVK and not SVD because the latter stands for "Snayperskaya Vintovka sistem'y Dragunova" because someone called Dragunov had an important role in the development. SVK seems more like "Snayperskaya Vintovka sistem'y Kalashnikova", which should generally be ok.

Also the M8A1 from BO2 was not quite a fantasy gun, despite the XM8 prototype never being put into large-scale production and service. It was also featured in BFBC2 (and prolly BFBC1 - not a console player here).

@topic: So far I found the h-recoil of the SVD-12 really putting me off. Gonna have to look into it again soon.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, March 9th 2014, 9:29pm

The gun's horrible damage drop off kills it for me. Where as the other high damage DMRs reach their minimum damage at 80 meters, the SVD hits its min at 60 meters, making any long range advantage gained from the high bullet velocity pretty negligible. I would take 20 meters of higher damage over a 40 m/s muzzle velocity advantage any day.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, March 9th 2014, 10:10pm

The gun's horrible damage drop off kills it for me. Where as the other high damage DMRs reach their minimum damage at 80 meters, the SVD hits its min at 60 meters, making any long range advantage gained from the high bullet velocity pretty negligible. I would take 20 meters of higher damage over a 40 m/s muzzle velocity advantage any day.

SVD12 is always 3HK even when hitting legs, in HC it's always 2HK and OHK to the head.
There's no reason to extend its range at all.