Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 12:23am

Plus the SCAR-H SV is just ...

Pretty.
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 12:31am

Yes it is, but somehow my best inc blotch cammo looks crap on Scar-H SV ... so I have to use the only one that actualy looks good ... Urban one ...

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 4:09am

I like it so much... I even built one for real-life use :D

vs.

(note that now in-game I have swapped the Angled Foregrip with Ergo Grip)

For silenced usage (suppressor + subsonic ammunition, which is how BF4 handles things), the low-ish muzzle velocity for the SCAR-H SV is no longer that much of a factor... merely 20m/s slower than the fastest DMRs.

The 0.05 base not-moving ADS spread guarantees headshots at over 100m, while the 0.1 can't say the same.

Now that the ACE 53 SV has an equal chance to pull left or right (now with 0.3 / 0.3 H-recoil), it now looks like a lower-recoil version of the M39 EMR. The guaranteed minor up-right pull of the SCAR-H SV might be more consistent.

Finally, the ACE 53 SV may have more rounds per magazine, but it has slightly LESS bullets available OVERALL. In fact, it has the least amount of overall rounds for you to shoot. On the other hand, the SCAR-H SV (with its gravity-drop magazine release and bolt assist, same as the AR-based weapons) reloads so quickly that you can even afford to top up the magazine just by ducking down behind cover and taking a breather.

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 5:02pm

If you love the look of it more power to you (it's a big reason why I use the RPK-74M so much) but I feel the SCAR-H SV is just average. Doesn't really shine in any specific way so I wouldn't really consider it something to aim for (like the OP was asking about.)

I personally ping pong between the SVD-12 and QBU-88 and with the change to the DMR damage model, one of the biggest penalties to the SVD-12 is basically gone.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 5:25pm

@Veritable What kind of mask do you use? There's no way in hell you're going to get a close enough cheek-weld on that stock to use the magnifier. The EOTech maybe at the very top... I need to use a riser for the RDS on my 98 with my Profilers, and the lowest profile mask I could find (DYE i4) wouldn't even come close to using it on the gun's rail AND I use the AK style stock for the 98 which has a slight dip in it, the SCAR stock for the X7 stupidly uses that elevated cheek-rest... I guess it looks the part but is functionally backwards.
Ugh, I can't get into "milsim" paintball guns again. I like my 98 but I only ever bring it out at scenario games. Ordinarily my RT-Pro and T2 get the spotlight...

Anyway, a lot of the DMRs handle quite differently. The SKS is the least accurate and most "spammy" of the DMRs, the SCAR-H-SV is one of the most accurate and I think it's the best all-around one. Velocity is in the dumps so it gets beat far away, the ROF is lower than some so it gets beat up close, but the accuracy, power, recoil pattern, and reload rate make it extremely usable in all situations.
The SCAR-H-SV is very much alike to the Mk11. Try that one out again and see if you like it.

The SCAR-H-SV has the same accuracy and "feel" as the Mk11, but has a slightly better recoil pattern and lower velocity. The SCAR-H-SV also reloads from empty faster than the Mk11, but .1 second is laughable as a difference.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, February 6th 2014, 12:17am

@Red Dog Dragon: Actually, as a big fan of Mark Bowden's book Black Hawk Down (and thus, by extension, the movie as directed by Ridley Scott / produced by Jerry Bruckheimer), I am personally more partial to the M14-series. "Used" it in Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear and then Raven Shield, Bad Company 2, and Far Cry 3 (as the SOCOM 16). Now, as the M39 EMR, did not use it at all in BF3 due to being Recon-only (and I hardly play Recon, and even when I did I used the AS VAL and the SPAS-12 + flechette). Would have loved to use it in BF4, but it has the largest combined recoil out of ANY DMRs in-game (0.7[!] v-recoil and 0.4/0.4 h-recoil)... so I must pass :(

In fact, the BF4 Single Player version of the M39 had bi-pod (as in, no benefits while being mobile) + HEAVY BARREL. Trying to tame 2.1(!?) v-recoil while looking through the ACOG was... hilarious....

@Watcher-45: I had a V-Force Grill, which has one of the smallest "lens" out of all the masks. The EOTech 517 also already has the 7mm riser built-in, so I am using the riser insert that came with the EOTech G33.STS magnifier. Finally, the X7-series already has a raised top-rail compared to the 98C/A5. I will admit that I had just completed the build and have yet to shoot it with my own mask, so I can see how the SCAR stock might cause issues. Unfortunately, I've mis-placed by mask, so will be picking up the Dye i4 you mentioned this weekend. Better bring my marker for a test-fit; thanks for the reminder.

Didn't have any issues with my previous A5, due to the 416 shroud + top rail and the CTR stock.

Finally, I fully agree that speedball markers are way better at the "shooting paintballs" thing. The Phenom is now blow-forward, though, so it has gotten a lot better. I like real guns, but I don't like shooting at targets and I don't like to hunt animals, so this is a good replacement. Also, most of my friends play airsoft and tease paintball markers as looking like "space guns." My marker builds are usually done to tell them to STFU :P

Back on topic, the SCAR-H SV trades 10% muzzle velocity for 50% less right-pull on the h-recoil vs. the Mk11. I would call the reload times to be a wash; both use essentially the same animation anyway. I will admit that the bullpup DMRs with their moving speed benefit and also better-than-expected ADS not-moving spread surprised me. I, like many others, HATED the RFB, but now the stats don't look so bad.

QBU-88 looks like a monster as well. Unfortunately, up here in Canada we just started receiving the Type 97s for civilian ownership, and the feedbacks have been... not good. If my gun-owner friends and families catch me rolling the -88 in-game, I won't hear the end of it ;(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Veritable" (Feb 6th 2014, 12:24am)

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, February 6th 2014, 12:35am

QBU-88 looks like a monster as well. Unfortunately, up here in Canada we just started receiving the Type 97s for civilian ownership, and the feedbacks have been... not good. If my gun-owner friends and families catch me rolling the -88 in-game, I won't hear the end of it ;(

So what the hell are the Chinese supposed to use?

BREAKING MA IMURSHUN!
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, February 6th 2014, 1:22am

You can say whatever you want but using like ACE SV with heavy barrel and then going to Scar-H with muzzle brake is like playing totaly different game.

I personally play ACE SV with MB+AG as well. But I tend to stick to fights of maximum 100 meters with it if I can, which means the 0.1 base spread isn't a huge deal.
That way I can also make use of the lower spread increase / shot for clutch fights.

The SCAR-H SV is really nice overall, it's just that muzzle velocity. I really love the SCAR-H SV for its looks and it performance against static targets at range; but the moment stuff starts moving that lower muzzle velocity gives you a handicap over the other DMRs.
If only that muzzle velocity would be 50 m/s higher, it would be my go to rifle for everything.

In that way every DMR has something that makes stops it from being a clear cut winner.
QBU has it's limited clip size; ACE has its lower accuracy; SVD has it's huge horizontal recoil (used to have a worse damage model too, but that's no longer an issue); same goes for the MK11.

I wonder if a future DLC is going to add another DMR. I wouldn't mind seeing the HK417 back. (Ofc with some altered stats for BF4)

• "BadPlebe" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, February 6th 2014, 7:27am

Update: After many games of embarrassing KDRs and watching several videos of people who are actually good with DMRs, I think I am getting the hang of it. I unlocked the ACE and I have to say it feels much better than the SKS. Using this site it looks like the only significant differences between the ace and the scar are that the scar doesnt kick to the left ever, has better ADS spread, and has lower first shot recoil, and the ace has a bigger magazine, higher bullet velocity, and less spread increase per shot.

So a couple questions:
1) Is it easier to aim the scar because its recoil is predictable or do you find that it tends to pull you off target since there is no left recoil to compensate? (assuming you aren't letting the weapon 100% settle in between shots)

2) how significant is .05 ADS spread? It is a 50% increase but the number seems very small. Is that a .05 degree spread increase? meaning the difference at 100 meters would be .0889 meters deviation? (thanks 13F mil relation formula).

3) basically the same question as number 2 but for the .08 difference in spread increase per shot. significant or not?

I think I have a pretty solid grasp on why bigger magazines and faster bullet velocities are good, I'm just not sure exactly how impactful the above stats are in terms of actual gameplay.

Again, thanks for all the responses and taking the time to answer my questions.
-Badplebe

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, February 6th 2014, 8:28am

Shooting something above 150m with ACE is kinda hard ... while scar can hit targets even above 300m if they dont move. Thats the practical difference.