Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "edukated" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, January 27th 2014, 9:16pm

Assault Rifles

I have had Battlefield for exactly one week now.

still relatively new to the game
I have over 1000 kills with the AK-12.

I am absolutely terrified to switch to a new rifle.

What is the best Assault Rifle in the game?

I have unlocked all the others.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, January 27th 2014, 9:18pm

SAR-21.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, January 27th 2014, 9:20pm

SCAR-H.

Enjoy your reloading.

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, January 27th 2014, 9:29pm

Bro, The easiest transition for you would probably be the FAMAS with HBar and ACOG. You won't regret making the change.

Pepin the Short

Sexy (Legal) Secretary

(389)

Date of registration
: Oct 21st 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, January 27th 2014, 9:32pm

The question is fundamentally flawed, as gun balance in BF4 is such that no assault rifle, or any weapon at all, can be fairly deemed the 'best.' All have strengths and weaknesses that cater towards a certain niche among the wide-ranging circumstances one can encounter, and that make them more amenable to certain play styles.

You will find, as a general rule, that you trade TTK for precision, either in terms of recoil, spread, or both. That said, the AK-12 (particularly in burst mode) is among those guns with the most favorably balanced qualities. The QBZ-95-1 is of a similar vein, while guns with lower fire rates, such as the CZ805 and the SAR-21, err on the side of accuracy and ease of use. The ACE-23, the L85, and the M416 are also reasonably well-balanced in this sense as well, but make sacrifices to accuracy in order to achieve superior rates of fire.

The outliers are the FAMAS, AEK-971, and SCAR-H, which are all of high power but cannot compete at range.

Monday, January 27th 2014, 9:33pm

Bro, The easiest transition for you would probably be the FAMAS with HBar and ACOG. You won't regret making the change.

oh dear lol

You should keep using the AK12, using the AK12 makes you a hipster.

Date of registration
: Oct 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, January 27th 2014, 9:34pm

The Problem with the Term "the Best" is that even if you go through the data here on Symthic, you still need to control the recoil yourself.

So if you can control the recoil from for example the AEK better than from the QBZ95, then my advice would be to go with the qbz.

Meaning the only way to tell which weapon is the best (for you) is to try it out yourself. The only recommendations i can give you is Ace23 and the above mentioned AEK (as im used to those guns)

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, January 27th 2014, 11:43pm

The "best" assault rifle really depends on your playstyle. Do you prefer staying a good distance away from your targets, do you prefer getting in their faces and mowing them down, or do you prefer versatility?

I'm personally leaning towards the ACE now as it looks cool (my opinion; Israeli guns have always fascinated me for some reason) and it's a jack-of-all-trades gun, much like the M416.

Date of registration
: Jan 1st 2014

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 1:50am

I think that the QBZ-95-1 is the best. It is versatile, but somewhat siding towards long range, and it had easy to control recoil.
"NEED AMMO!"
"NEGATIVE!"

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 2:15am

The "best" assault rifle really depends on your playstyle. Do you prefer staying a good distance away from your targets, do you prefer getting in their faces and mowing them down, or do you prefer versatility?

I'm personally leaning towards the ACE now as it looks cool (my opinion; Israeli guns have always fascinated me for some reason) and it's a jack-of-all-trades gun, much like the M416.

Not to mention platform.

The SAR-21 is a hero on consoles, but a joke on PC.