Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Retribution Iv" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 6:32am

Weapon Variants

I pretty much just want to bring up the point that there is four ACE variants which I think is a bit excessive in my opinion. In BF3 the most variants of one platform was 3 with the M416, M417 and M27 sharing the same platform. In my opinion if they are going to have four ACE variants they should consider adding other variants of some other weapon platforms as well. These could include more Tavor variants, SCAR variants, G36 variants or reintroducing the M27 and M417. There is others I haven't mentioned as well I'm sure, I was just naming a few possibilities. Curious if anyone else shares this view.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Nov 10th 2013

Platform: 360

Location: 36.59091, -121.9143, Federal Republic of the United States of America

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 7:32am

They'll probably add in new weapons like they did in previous DLC's. I agree that if you're just not a fan of the ACE series it is a waste of your time to have 4 variants, especially because two are both carbine. However, the upside is pretty much that you can throw in a new weapon with changed stats, with very little work and effort and so we end up with more guns which is okay.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 7:56am

DICE really seems to have a hard on for the ACE weapons. They are best in class in their respective weapon categories, too: 23 is best AR, 52 is best carbine (with the 21 a close second) and the 53 SV is probably one of the best DMRs (though sadly underappreciated).

A pity that they are a butt ugly, but you gotta use what you gotta use.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 8:05am

23 is best AR, 52 is best carbine (with the 21 a close second)

That's just like, your opinion man

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 8:05am

"Assault" rifle - G3A3
Carbine - G3KA4
LMG - HK11 (50 round drum) or HK21 (100 round belt fed)
DMR - G3SG/1
PDW - MP5A2

DROOOOOOOOOOL

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 8:31am

23 is best AR, 52 is best carbine (with the 21 a close second)

SCAR-H master race reporting.

No, but seriously, there are quite a few valid options.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 9:33am

Ayup :) But one shared by many of the top players.

Regardless of whether they are the very best, you have to admit that DICE have gone and made every ACE variant extremely competitive: "Wouldn't it be fun if we included 4 ACE variants and then made them really good so that players couldn't turn a corner without seeing one? ACEs for everyone!" If there was an ACE LMG they'd doubtless have included that as well.

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 9:36am

Obviously people are going to have their beef when you start claiming that certain weapons are the "best" in their category, but without a doubt it's true that the ACE weapons are all pretty solid in their respective categories (which is to say, every weapon group has its ugly ducklings, and none of the ACE weapons are ugly ducklings--at least insofar as their stats, anyway :p).

That said, I don't really get rustled by the overrepresentation of a certain platform. For all intents and purposes the only thing that makes an ACE an ACE is the fact that DICE named it and modeled it as much--beyond cosmetics, the ACEs mind as well be completely different guns, and that's all that really matters.
My soldier profile. Numbers are overrated anyway.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 9:37am

Ayup :) But one shared by many of the top players.

Regardless of whether they are the very best, you have to admit that DICE have gone and made every ACE variant extremely competitive: "Wouldn't it be fun if we included 4 ACE variants and then made them really good so that players couldn't turn a corner without seeing one? ACEs for everyone!" If there was an ACE LMG they'd doubtless have included that as well.

I definitely agree that the ACE family is a very competitive one. Except for the 21, I think it's pretty average.

However, I've seen plenty of AEK, ACWR, SCAR-H in competitive matches.

• "Retribution Iv" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 9:37am

I'm not gonna lie not a huge fan on the appearance of the ACE variants. I use the 21 and 52 versions because I liked there stats compared some of the other carbines. I favor the M416 over the ACE 23 I like the look and the reload more. I'm surprised they haven't put the M27 IAR in seeing as it is intended to replace a portion of amount M249 SAW's that are in service in the USMC in real life. Also I thought it was pretty popular in BF3. I'm also kinda bummed that they made all the ACE weapons have some of the best stats... I mean most people hadn't even heard of the ACE platform until BF4 came out. Maybe I'm just being critical because I like H&K and FN Herstal weapon's aesthetics more. :huh:
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton