Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "mindbomb" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 11:36pm

Complementary AR/Carbine/LMG combos

I mean guns that have similar properties so that you can switch between them easily, allowing you to smoothly switch classes when necessary. I think I've found 2 really good sets so far.

1. scar h + ergo/m416+heavy barrel+angled, ace 52+ angled/ak5c+heavy barrel+ergo, rpk12+heavy barrel+ergo
.5ish recoil up, 1.6ish FSM

2. scar h+angled, ak5c+heavy barrel+angled, m249+heavy barrel+ergo
.5ish recoil up, 1.0ish FSM

This post has been edited 11 times, last edit by "mindbomb" (Dec 18th 2013, 8:40pm)

Date of registration
: Nov 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 12:13am

if you run the AEK in burst mode the M4 is a pretty close match in terms of the carbines. the FSM of the AEK can be made fairly similar with an angled grip, but if you can run one you can run the other fine. both guns have identical bullet velocity and very similar horizontal recoil patterns, so the adjustment is all in the vertical compensation. i prefer a heavy barrel and ergo to bring accuracy in line. while the M16A4 is a perfect match for the M4 it is also worse in every way next to the AEK. i guess the MG4 is the closest lmg equivalent with similar RPM and vertical recoil and a similar horizontal recoil and bias.

otherwise, I can't see anyone having a big problem switching between the ACE 23 or AK-12 and the AK 5C, honestly. i'd rather try to go to the AK 5C over the ACE 21 for sure. having to deal with that big a loss in muzzle velocity just to match recoil patterns isn't really worth it.

Date of registration
: Aug 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 12:29am

ACE 23 (AFG + Flash Hider)
ACE 21 CQB (AFG + Flash Hider)
MG4 (Ergo + Compensator)

Good all around weapons. 770-800 rpm, low FSM and pulls slightly to the right.

QBZ-95-1
Type-95B-1
QBB-95-1

I think this one speaks for itself.
"Not afraid of god-like opponents, just afraid of pig-like teammates."

• "mindbomb" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 1:08am

yea, it's hard to find an lmg similiar to the ace ar and carbine, but the mg4 is probably the closest.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mindbomb" (Dec 18th 2013, 8:37am)

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 28th 2013, 8:06am

Assault: AK-12
Support: RPK-12
Engie: AKU-12
Recon: DBV-12

They did put 4 variants of the same weapon in the game, so yeah.

On a serious note, I like the AKU for Engie on conquest, because those maps are generally quite open. I rarely play recon, but when I do, almost any shotgun+motion sensors = badass CQC load out.

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 28th 2013, 8:51am

AEK (Kobra, Laser, Comp., Angled), MTAR (Kobra, Laser, HB, Ergo), and I'll start using LMGs when they add a 900RPM one. :D