Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 8:30am

I can kill crap with the M16A4, but I really have no incentive to do so. DICE gave the M16A4 and M4 stats that an automatic weapon would be given if it fired 800 rounds per minute. However, this is a weapon with a burst mode that has a fixed amount of shots fired per burst. To get the full "800 rounds per minute" potential with these two, you'd have to pull the trigger 4.444... times per second. However, there's no guarantee you'll be able to do this as one will either pull the trigger too fast (causing the gun to seemingly "jam") or too slow. Let's say if you only pulled the trigger four times within a second. That'd only make the M16A4 and M4 comparable to an assault rifle that fires 720 rounds per minute, even though each set burst fires at 800 rounds per minute. Guns that are stuck with a burst fire mode, but no automatic fire mode, should be statistically superior in other aspects to automatic guns that fire at the same cyclic rate of fire.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 8:46am

Let's say if you only pulled the trigger four times within a second. That'd only make the M16A4 and M4 comparable to an assault rifle that fires 720 rounds per minute, even though each set burst fires at 800 rounds per minute.

Which incidentally is quite close (and on the safe side) to the rate (4.07 Hz) that you should pull the trigger in order to avoid spread accumulation and achieve the optimal effective RoF (732 rpm).
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 8:09am

Remember that unlike BF3 the 1st shot multiplier is on the last shot of the burst instead on the first one. It doesn't justify the lack of accuracy these rifles have but it has to be accounted for, especially considering the 2.5 multiplier these guns have.
Clean signature best signature

Date of registration
: Nov 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 11:32pm

so i think it's safe to say the AR pattern guns are much more viable after the patch. it's not the horizontal recoil reduction that they really needed, but it certainly makes them a more user-friendly choice over the AEK or even the ACE. the major question seems to be how this changes the attachment picture in combination with the changes to heavy barrel.

i'd argue the M4 doesn't really benefit significantly from any other setup other than ergo and heavy barrel at this point. while some other guns can use the heavy barrel's ergo bonus to benefit from angled or stubby grips, the burst-fire nature of the M4 doesn't really give it much benefit from the other grips. since ergo alone is fairly crappy on carbines (.42 actual moving ADS spread vs. .36 with heavy alone), and the .15 reduction in stationary base spread is huge, it's hard to make a case for any other setup to me.

the M16A4 seems like a different case. ergo and heavy barrel alone are about equivalent in moving ADS spread (.4), so while the combination of the two is still better one or the other isn't obviously superior as on the M4. since the other grips don't really help much, it seems like the compensator or muzzle brake become much more attractive to either reduce horizontal recoil to more manageable levels or to make vertical control very easy. alternatively, since the horizontal recoil is still so high as to make long-range bursts not as effective as on the AK-12, running an angled grip and heavy barrel to allow switching to single-shot mode at range and exploiting the high muzzle velocity with low vertical recoil also seems like a solid idea. personally, i see:

ergo and heavy barrel: default setup for best overall theoretical performance

ergo and compensator: strong for cqb ADS and hip fire

angled and heavy barrel: good balance of both moving and ADS accuracy and strong for single-fire at range.

as all being viable depending on map and playstyle. however, i question whether the first two setups really give any major advantage over the M4 or AEK when used at closer ranges when all is said and done. anyone have experience or strong opinions on these setups?

Date of registration
: Mar 13th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, April 18th 2014, 5:43pm

I absolutely love the M4 ATM. Fast becoming my favourite weapon in BF4. Once you get used to what it can and can't do its really nice and easy to use.

Date of registration
: Mar 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, April 18th 2014, 6:14pm

I don't see a reason to use the M16A4/M4 because the AK-12/AKU-12 are in the burst mode just better. Much less H-Recoil and also a smaller FSM, the AKU-12 has additionally also less V-Recoil.

Date of registration
: Apr 11th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, May 4th 2014, 6:54am

Quick question about the M16a4, Knowing the 1st shot multiplier is on the last shot of the burst, is it applied to every shot when on single fire?

French AN-94 :whistling: FAMAS SONG :D

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, May 4th 2014, 12:50pm

Quick question about the M16a4, Knowing the 1st shot multiplier is on the last shot of the burst, is it applied to every shot when on single fire?

Yes.
Roses are red, violets are blue, "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."