Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "OzzDOA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 2:55pm

What's the Point of the M16A4/M4?

I fail to see the point of the current burst fire weapons in BF4...Unlike BF3 they don't have better initial spread or favorable horizontal recoil characteristics. The only possible advantage I see is the spread reset you get in between bursts but you can do that by burst firing any other weapon anyway. Looks like the M16A4/M4 and possibly any future burst fire weapons have gone from hipster to trash.

Date of registration
: Dec 13th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 3:10pm

The folding grip behaves differently on burst weapons. Then again, some automatic weapons have better stats AND a burst mode too.
Infiltrator out.

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 3:38pm

I've tried M16A4 and gave up after last battlepack. Gun is horrible. Like OzzDOA said - you can start using burst on other weapons with better results. When bursting with M16A4 I felt like using KH 2002 from BF3. 2nd bullet should hit the target but the 3rd one is chasing people on the moon.

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 3:40pm

The point of the M16A4 and M4 is the same as with most weapons and equipments ingame: items' number increase

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 4:15pm

Point made or not, I actually prefer the M4 over most of the other carbines. Didn't really like it at first, but now that I've got most of the basic attachments unlocked for it, I like it. The extra 30rpm over the ACE 21 (which, admittedly, I haven't given a really fair shake) just makes it feel more crisp in Hardcore imo.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 6:09pm

Then try the SG553 in burst. Less upwards kick, a bit more vertical (less pull to the right, more balanced), 30 RPM more, almost as fast to reload, 150 less bullet speed though, 0,004 more spread inc/shot, lower FSM. The AKU-12 has a burst RoF of 750, which is not much less, a lot less recoil, vertical 0.24, horizontal a total of 0.25, a significantly lower spread increase and an even lower fsm.

BF4: SG553 vs M4 vs AKU-12 | BF4 Multi-Weapon Comparison | Symthic
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 6:16pm

The point of the M16A4 and M4 is the same as with most weapons and equipments ingame: items' number increase

This is one of the things I do not understand about the modern shooters. Why in the world do we need 11 carbines? Four to six guns of each class would be more than enough variety. It would be easier to balance and each gun could have a truly unique feel.

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 7:07pm

M4 is actually quite a decent gun (no plans on using the M16 anytime soon), but the fact that I can just burst two to three bullets without fear of the repeating FSM with an AK(U) really defeats the purpose of using these weapons.

Date of registration
: May 17th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 7:19pm

M4 is great tbh... I have over 500 kills with it. Maybe it doesn't work for some people but I like the reliable recoil movement on both it and the M16A4 and I feel very accurate with it.
Xbox One GT: Azazel The Fox
Battlelog

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, December 3rd 2013, 6:38pm

This is one of the things I do not understand about the modern shooters. Why in the world do we need 11 carbines? Four to six guns of each class would be more than enough variety. It would be easier to balance and each gun could have a truly unique feel.

I agree with this 100%. Each weapon should be unique and fill a role\niche otherwise it's just filler.

In BF3 terms I'd say:
All around: M16 (or 416)
Burst long range accuracy: AN-94
Power: G3
CQB: F2000
Slow ROF mid range accuracy: L85

Can't think of other niches to fill right now.
Swyck