Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Banemobius" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 11th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 9:56pm

ACE 52 CQB does 25 max damage on Xbox One (EDIT: whole damage model lower)

As the title says, the ACE 52 CQB only does 25 Max damage on Xbox One. I have a video on the way to prove this, where I used it in single shot to see how much damage it did. I noticed in the previous round that it was only doing multiples of 25 so tested it for a round on single fire mode.

As the ACE 52 is my most used weapon, unsurprisingly I'm quite annoyed by this, and just hope it's just a bug/mistake. If this is a real nerf then I'll have to find a new gun of choice as 25 damage is definitely not worth that spread increase.

EDIT: The video

I see three examples in this video.

1) If it's 34 damage Max then a headshot and two body shots should be a kill, however the prone recon survives. If it was outside min range then one headshot and two body shots wouldn't kill with a 25 damage weapon.

2) Looking frame by frame, I definitely got one shot into the Assault that killed me at close range. He was at full health then went to 76 in the deathcam (I think that's the body armour perk at play.

3) One shot on the Recon a little out of range did 22 damage. Self explanatory.

Why do DICE keep breaking the things I want to use?! First the GOL and now this!

EDIT: further testing shows the Max damage for at least the ACE 52 CQB, the SCAR-H, the ACE 21 CQB and the M416 is different to the other games, with the 34 damage weapons doing 25 and the 25's doing 20. The video evidence is below, see further in the thread for more details.

ACE 21 & 52 tests
SCAR-H test
M416 test

reddit thread on the issue: reddit thread
BF3 stats

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Banemobius" (Nov 29th 2013, 3:26am)

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 10:07pm

definitely a bug, if it did 25 max damage it'd pretty much be the worst carbine.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 11:20pm

I hope so, I was wondering why it was underperforming since the switch.

I've created a reddit post about the issue, but already got grief from someone how clearly didn't check the video properly. Reddit thread
BF3 stats

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Banemobius" (Nov 27th 2013, 9:15am)

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 11:30pm

Any empty-server testing for this?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 11:40pm

I don't know anyone to test on an empty server with, or have a way to communicate with them. It's possible that the issue is present on other platforms but unlikely as someone else would have noticed. Do you need more evidence? If I'm honest I don't want to use it until it's fixed.
BF3 stats

Spoiler Spoiler

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 11:56pm

Can't you text-message others on a 1~2 players server and ask them for help with the damage model?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 27th 2013, 1:12am

I'll give it a try, I was thinking after I posted that there's one guy I could ask but he wasn't online. I'll see what I can do and get back to you.
BF3 stats

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 27th 2013, 5:00pm

Im also on Xbone, player tagis the same as my name here on the forum, feel free to add me and when I got home in 1-2 hours we can test if you want :)

Date of registration
: May 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 27th 2013, 5:24pm

If any of you Xboners need a tester or want to play hit me up.

USCGFox - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Edit: You know, you just jogged my memory I was having really weird assist counts when using the Scar yesterday...? Maybe it's not just the ACE 52, I would suggest testing all 34 damage model weapons right now.
Xbox One GT: Azazel The Fox
Battlelog

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "USCGFox" (Nov 27th 2013, 6:07pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 28th 2013, 12:52am

Ah, brilliant, I'll add you both shortly and we can see what we find. Had no joy getting the other guy to play along, didn't think to ask here stupidly...
BF3 stats

Spoiler Spoiler