Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 2:41am

most carbines dont take half a year to reload either

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 3:59am

PDR vs The (useful to Engineer) Carbines(Aside from the ACR and AK5C)

The MTAR is extremely close in regards to hipfire ability to the PDR with better stats in a wide array of areas, with the same/better reload times. Would you trade the shit ADS accuracy for a tiny advantage in hipfire? Not to mention the ability to use under barrel attachments to further improve your moving spread. In the PDW category the UMP will still be a better choice in close quarters.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

*On-topic*
With the release of stats, does the MP7 still compare to the UMP-45 or P90(OrJS2 for people who like fugliness)?
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 8:37am

Not to mention the ability to use under barrel attachments to further improve your moving spread.

Unless I'm very much mistaken the PDWs that do not allow for an underbarrel attachment already come with the ergo grip moving spread modifiers.
EDIT: No concrete evidence of this yet.

Also I'd put a HB on the PDR to fix its 0.5 ADS accuracy which is pretty undoable on the MTAR due to that 2.8x FSM. For the MTAR it'll have to be the comp.

With the release of stats, does the MP7 still compare to the UMP-45 or P90(OrJS2 for people who like fugliness)?

The UMP still has lower TTK but is less forgiving of misses in close quarters because of the fire rate. It also has shit muzzle velocity so if you want a suppressed PDW I'd go with the MP7 (fucking suppressed UMP is like shooting pebbles).

I don't really care about magazine capacity so in my opinion the MP7 just made both of the other PDWs obsolete.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kappanating" (Jan 12th 2014, 11:22am)

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 5:39pm

Not to mention the ability to use under barrel attachments to further improve your moving spread.

Unless I'm very much mistaken the PDWs that do not allow for an underbarrel attachment already come with the ergo grip moving spread modifiers.
EDIT: No concrete evidence of this yet.

Also I'd put a HB on the PDR to fix its 0.5 ADS accuracy which is pretty undoable on the MTAR due to that 2.8x FSM. For the MTAR it'll have to be the comp.

The UMP still has lower TTK but is less forgiving of misses in close quarters because of the fire rate. It also has shit muzzle velocity so if you want a suppressed PDW I'd go with the MP7 (fucking suppressed UMP is like shooting pebbles).

I don't really care about magazine capacity so in my opinion the MP7 just made both of the other PDWs obsolete.

THIS. The PDR with a Heavy Barrel attached brings its stationary accuracy in line with the bullpup assault rifles/QBB LMG. Combine that with having lower horizontal recoil, FSM and SIPS numbers than most of the guns you have listed (sole exception: AKU-12, and probably the AK 5C), and you have a PDW that's more accurate than a good chunk of the better carbines.

As far as the MP7 is concerned, it definitely sends the P90 and JS2 running for the hills. Faster TTK up close and better H-recoil? What was DICE thinking? That being said, the JS2 and P90 have some advantages: JS2 has the faster reload, P90 has better hipfire stats, and the two of them have better spread increase per shot.

Throwing the UMP45 and PDR into the mix does make it a bit interesting, though. On top of having an underbarrel attachment slot, it has a faster TTK up close. This peters out after about 9m, though. From 9-16m it still has the TTK edge, but it's only by a few thousandths of a second, i.e. so fast that the server won't even realize it. After that, it turns into a drag race between the MP7 and the PDR. The MP7 will have the edge, then its damage drops off, giving the PDR the edge until ITS damage drops off, and it goes back and forth until about 53m, which is when the PDR wins out overall.

In hardcore mode, it's the same story: UMP wins up close, then a drag race between the MP7 and PDR, but the PDR wins out after 38m. The difference is only by about .001-.0011 seconds, but the PDR really opens up the gap after 56m, when the MP7's damage drops off again. How much of a gap? Like, about .07 seconds.

And Dodo: I'd sig your cigarettes comparison, if my BF4stats graphic wasn't already the size of a billboard. :P
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "CobaltRose" (Jan 12th 2014, 6:12pm)

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 8:10pm

And Dodo: I'd sig your cigarettes comparison, if my BF4stats graphic wasn't already the size of a billboard.
One of the few times I pump out some sig material, too.

Spoilers work.

My point originally was that as a 'Personal Defence Weapon,' the PDR is more of a Carbine than a PDW. Like, if you're set on using a PDW for longer ranges, use the PDR, but then again carbines like the MTAR are better that most PDWs at PDW range.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Toshiro

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 9:26pm

PDR for sexiness. Seriously, I love this gun. It is amazing up close, with a nice average (M416!!!!!!!) RPM. Honestly, anything over 800 is a bit too much (cept for meh AN94)(opinion, don't hate). I find myself to be very effective with this gun out to at least 50 meters, often managing to take an enemy out in one clip at 50+. The HBAR is your go to, as its recoil isn't scary. Also, it helps with one of the main areas where this gun is lacking - non moving spread. The recoil is still very controllable with it.
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,022)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, January 13th 2014, 12:23am

I said this before, but the MP7 works great, even when being surprised by the stats that were on the whole average and comparable to the JS2 especially. I will try out that one next. The PDR with the HB behaves exactly like a carbine and a decent one at that. Useful all around.

In general though it stands to reason that all the PDWs are a lackluster when comparing them to carbines. I solely play the PDWs as an engineer, as they are the according weapon, but I do feel gimped on any map where I feel the need to play an Engineer. That and the abomination that is coming to the PDWs with SA di spoil my experience a bit.

Toshiro

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 1:14am

@USCGFox
@Ghost

Is it just me, or did the VAL receive a ninja FSM nerf? Using it with an AFG now is like using it with an ergo before the patch.
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

• "Ghost" has been banned

Date of registration
: Nov 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 2:06am

@USCGFox
@Ghost

Is it just me, or did the VAL receive a ninja FSM nerf? Using it with an AFG now is like using it with an ergo before the patch.

Dunno, only played like twice in the past month. Gonna play tonight with the new patch, though, now that we finally have Battlepacks for it.

Date of registration
: May 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 2:49am

@toshiro haven't used it yet since the update, but I exclusively used only ergo before so I'm sure i'll notice if it is worse now than it was.
Xbox One GT: Azazel The Fox
Battlelog