Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

DeathOfTheDodo

Shotgun Surgeon

(382)

• "DeathOfTheDodo" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, November 8th 2013, 6:55pm

Sniper Rifles General

Didn't notice a Sniper's General thread, soooooooo..... EDIT: Noticed old one from the Beta, so this COULD be removed. Kthankssorry.

I'm loving the 338-Recon to bits. The damage in HC TDM is perfect, getting 1HK Torso at all but cross-map ranges. Got a few 400m+ kills with it the other day and it performed amazingly- too bad marksman bonerses don't count towards attachment unlocks. The bullpup setup and firing sound pretty much make this my favorite of the category, the magazine capacity isn't much of a problem for me. Currently using with Acog/Laser/Bolt until I unlock the 6X.

Unlocked all the stock attachments for the SRR as well, I must say it's a nice addition to the category but its applications are best suited to bushwookies/roofinators trying to get stupidly long range kills. The bullet drop on it is minimal though, so playing fast and loose on a TDM server with it takes less bullet calculations to peg some perp in the forehead. Surprisingly I like the 40-14x combo on this gun and find it quite useable. Currently using 40x/14x/Muzzlebreak(Because it actually looks good on this gun)/Bolt, although I'll probably make this into my bipod setup gun.

As much nostalgia as I have with the M98B, the new 8X scope makes it look like a mosquito- and with the 20x being a battlepack unlock (Which is ghhheeeey) I can't see the payoff of using a really long gun that looks like ass and isn't as useful at range as the SRR and is outshined by the 338-Recon in close/medium range.

M40 is M40, great noob sniper but useless after unlocking the 338 to me. The JNG-90 would be great if not for the Russian unlocks. Russian scopes just tick me off so grinding to unlock American or Chinese sights for the JNG doesn't make sense to me since the 338/SRR combo makes it obsolete.

I tried playing with the Steyr a bit, but lost interest because it is fugly and the .338 is more omnipotent. Didn't bother with the SV98 because again, Russian scopes are gross.

That's all for now.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

...Dispatched from 500 leagues below, The Captain.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, November 8th 2013, 7:45pm

a more understandable reson to not care about the sv98 would have been that it has 15 to resistence at gravity,but ok...
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff not related to BF4 that interests nobody

on 27/09/2014
29(30)th DMR user in italy(07/04/14)
rush mode score RANK:3617 TOP:1% OUT OF:387719
obliteration mode scoreRANK:2080 TOP:1% OUT OF:292522
longest headshot RANK:9790 TOP:2% OUT OF:566292
recon score RANK:8838 TOP:2% OUT OF:492566
score per minute RANK:17554 TOP:3% OUT OF:457583
handgun medals RANK:4534 TOP:3% OUT OF:220970

31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,527)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, November 8th 2013, 7:55pm

So far I'm not at all impressed with the snipers.. All other primaries are just so effective in the same range the snipers are effective so you're basically pushed back to 100+ranges, where snipers just aren't that useful with these bullet speeds. Close quarters usually ends with a death unless the enemy was injured. Hitting the head doesn't feel as natural as it did in BF3

With everyone running defensive perk you're just fucked close quarters... Wouldn't surprise me if the majority don't even understand the perk system or how to change it... But putting armor as first was just plain bad.
Platform: PC The C4 Mob

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Oct 11th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, November 8th 2013, 8:25pm

With everyone running defensive perk you're just fucked close quarters... Wouldn't surprise me if the majority don't even understand the perk system or how to change it... But putting armor as first was just plain bad.
Yup, that was the worst idea ever. On pubs, there is no point in using another tree, because you often loose your whole upgrade score and end up with the first perk, and body armor is much more useful than sprint or quick unspot or whatever.

And can anyone tell me what's up with the FY-JS? Haven't unlocked it yet, but on battlelog it looks just like the CS-LR4, only with a white cheek rest.
Battlelog

Quotes

The World Champion ain't got no time for Silly Billies. but he does have Elbows.

Spoiler Spoiler

Yeah the AWS has kahooneys, unlike the CBJ and QBB's uniball thing.

Quoted from "Sheepnub"

wait

fuck

im starting to sound reasonable

I mean uhh....

COWADOOTAYDAWGGG
That's better

DeathOfTheDodo

Shotgun Surgeon

(382)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 8th 2013, 8:30pm

It's more like the Scout Elite than the CSLR4, with fast bolt time and lower minimum damage. I haven't been engaging many targets beyond 200m so I haven't unlocked it yet.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, November 8th 2013, 8:33pm

@Knetsch
It is the same rifle but chambered in 5.8 DAP instead of 7.62 NATO rounds. In-game, it has an high speed and less drop than the other SRs (6.0 instead of 9.81) but has lower damage at range (36.6).
Clean signature best signature

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 8th 2013, 8:41pm

Ok, so basically..... it sucks.

Sure, less bullet drop, faster rate of fire and faster bullets sounds nice, but with that min damage you can't even get a OHK headshot past 46 meters :|
Battlelog

Quotes

The World Champion ain't got no time for Silly Billies. but he does have Elbows.

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted from "Sheepnub"

wait

fuck

I mean uhh....

COWADOOTAYDAWGGG
That's better

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Knetsch" (Nov 8th 2013, 8:51pm)

DeathOfTheDodo

Shotgun Surgeon

(382)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 8th 2013, 8:53pm

It's better than the Scout Elite IMO for L33tsc0p3s, but as an actual sniper rifle it's ass.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 8th 2013, 8:58pm

Oh yeah, qU1cK$c0p3rZz... how much do I love them. *cough*
Battlelog

Quotes

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted from "Sheepnub"

wait

fuck

I mean uhh....

COWADOOTAYDAWGGG
That's better

Date of registration
: Sep 29th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Monday, November 11th 2013, 12:04am

The defensive perk is perfect for stopping large caliber CQC TROLLS who roll OHK bolt actions with lasers/Straightpull/med/close range sights. Leet skopez and quick scopers are scourge, dice knows this and made armor the 1 thing to balance this.

The m40 is in my opinion more useful than the .338's for the fact muzzle velocity and damage beyond 100-150 is not a factor in marksmanship where drop matters. At 14x mag, each mil-dot represents 100m relative to your zero. So targets at 250 are either 2.5 dots below the crosshairs at 0m zero. Or half way to the first dot at 200m zero. Likewise a 675m shot at 500 zero is to be shot a quarter above the 2nd dot. This knowledge will let you be precise at known distances within 5-700m which is its effective range and actually stretching it due to travel time (your targets must be AfK, other snipers, or wandered into cement boots).

The cheytac m200 outclasses everything beyond 200m and doesn't even need to be zero'd for 200 stock because of its phenomenal drop stats.
It should be equipped with the PLD, any other equip for the level in slot 2. The ballistic scope with 14x option for spotting and mid distance (if your side arm is inadequate). Never use the range finder unless you are camping / over watching an objective or on a wide open map (rail way) where making bushwookies glow like they have radiation poisoning and neon glow sticks on is outweighed by the openness and fact at 350m ish the PLD loses visibility (yet the laser still ranges). Learning to use the PLD blindly will prove vital to make long range rifles useful and less of a crutch below 500m.
"Reporting for duty commander" *Cue MEC loading theme*

Top 1% Longest Headshot
Top 1% Headshots
Top 1% Flag Defends

Xbox 360 with GDI Recon.
Gamer tag = xESxMaver1ck911

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "xESxMaver1ck911" (Nov 11th 2013, 12:42am)