Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Infiltrator" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 13th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 2:10am

Assault Rifles

Since I was playing mostly with carbines, DMRs and Bolts I haven't unlocked all the ARs, but here's my findings based on some gameplay:

AK-12 - still insanely accurate over long range, extremely controllable recoil, not that great close up any more after nerf.

SCAR-H - low RPM and capacity for added damage. I am not a fan of it to be honest, it might be good in 1v1 but against multiple foes it's tough to conserve the entire mag (I can't imagine taking down 3 people with 1 consistently).

M416 - the new noob gun. Honestly this thing does everything good. Good RPM, controllable recoil, good accuracy and insanely fast reload. The only downside is you can't really fight over long distances against people who are mostly in cover. Everything else is (too) good. My prediction for the most used gun.

SAR-21 - Lowest RPM but makes up with insanely easy full-auto mode. Honestly you can full auto at distances you wouldn't even consider doing with other ARs. Pretty crap at short range, but very good at taking people out from afar.

AEK - Close range monster. 900 RPM is no joke, and other stats are decent, though recoil is hard to control when engaging long distance targets. With some attachments you can counter the kick. 3 Firing modes is good as you shouldn't even consider going full auto on anything past 10 meters.

FAMAS - This is the PDW of ARs. No one beats it close up, not even Aek. Though, like most PDWs, pretty shit at anything but close range. Also, lower mag capacity, while having bonuses for hip fire accuracy. I'll pass on this, other ARs are far more versatile.

That's what I unlocked so far, what do you guys think?
Infiltrator out.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 4:58am

I agree with a lot of what you said.

AK-12 : Definitely a good choice for long range, not very impressive at everything else.

SCAR-H : I just don't understand this gun, I can get 25%+ accuracy with the AEK on a good round, but I can't even get 20% with the SCAR. Shit I literally have better accuracy with the FAMAS.

SAR-21 : Super easy to control, I haven't used it enough to have an opinion on it though.

M416 : Similar to how it was in BF3, it perform well at everything, but isn't amazing at anything.

AEK : That thing is good, it melts people at close range and can still be pretty efficient at medium range.

FAMAS : Didn't like it, just like BF3 its long reload and small clip kills it. Also even the TDM maps have a lot of midrange combat so being awful at it doesn't help the FAMAS right now.

ACE-53 : My favourite, accurate, handles well, relatively good ROF.

CZ-805 : I barely played with it, but I thought it handled quite well.

AUG-3 : Felt like I couldn't hit anything with it, I liked it a lot better in BF3. Though I haven't unlocked much on it, so it might change.

Date of registration
: Jul 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 8:49am

Wait until you unlock the Ace assault class rifle,it's more or less the new M16A3 though with more downsides.

Must have more Daka

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 7:24pm

AUG-3 : Felt like I couldn't hit anything with it, I liked it a lot better in BF3. Though I haven't unlocked much on it, so it might change.

For some reason they gave this gun the second highest h-recoil. It has more than AEK, and is topped only by, what else, the FAMAS. It's fully 50% more horizontal recoil than the M416, ACE 23, CZ-805, SCAR-H and SAR-21 (.6 total vs .4 total).

The vertical recoil is quite low but the h-recoil really hurts with automatic fire, so I'd want to run a compensator. Unfortunately this means I can't run heavy barrel, which it could really use with its sub-par standing ADS spread (2.5). If you can't be accurate at mid range and up, the gun's one great strength, high bullet velocity, becomes somewhat useless.

I dunno, I want to like the AUG but it's kind of a mess.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 7:33pm

For some reason they gave this gun the second highest h-recoil. It has more than AEK, and is topped only by, what else, the FAMAS. It's fully 50% more horizontal recoil than the M416, ACE 23, CZ-805, SCAR-H and SAR-21 (.6 total vs .4 total).

The vertical recoil is quite low but the h-recoil really hurts with automatic fire, so I'd want to run a compensator. Unfortunately this means I can't run heavy barrel, which it could really use with its sub-par standing ADS spread (2.5). If you can't be accurate at mid range and up, the gun's one great strength, high bullet velocity, becomes somewhat useless.

I dunno, I want to like the AUG but it's kind of a mess.

the AUG is still more accurate with the heavy barrel than with the compensator.

after extensive testing with our simulation tools, i found that under these conditions, you'd want to use a compensator over the heavy barrel (at least for purely stationary ADS fire):
-if total horizontal recoil is >= 0.7, AND
-if spread increase is <= ~0.11

in every other instance, heavy barrel > compensator.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 7:36pm

the AUG is still more accurate with the heavy barrel than with the compensator.

after extensive testing with our simulation tools, i found that under these conditions, you'd want to use a compensator over the heavy barrel (at least for purely stationary ADS fire):
-if total horizontal recoil is >= 0.7, AND
-if spread increase is <= ~0.11

in every other instance, heavy barrel > compensator.

Interesting, I'll play around with it and see how it feels.

FWIW I had glanced at Sheep's spreadsheet for reference, I didn't closely examine his methodology though:

Preferred attachment combinations

Date of registration
: Jul 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 8:13pm

AK-12: Still very low recoil, burst @750 is obviosly not as insane as in Beta anymore. Won't use it at close to medium range, and long range I use DMRs. Even if I got around 300 kills with, I won't be using this gun anymore.

M416: Well, same performance as in BF3. I'll agree with LeSalaud: "it perform well at everything, but isn't amazing at anything." @ Infiltrator, please don't start this hipster nonesense of "noob gun". The m416 isn't too good. It is maybe the most versatile AR (CQ, Medium, Long Range) but doesn't excell at either of these ranges. The m16a3 at least excelled with 800rpm at Medium. The ACE 21 beats the m416 easily at that range.

SCAR-H: Again, I'll agree with LeSalaud. I am very good at recoil compensation and accurate aiming (see my stats) but I can't work with this gun.

AUG A3: I feel as if I am less accurate than in BF3 with it. Also, not sure what I would use this gun for. I can aim dead accurate with the 770rpm ACE at medium range, why would I want the AUG ? For strafing ? Also, the CZ-805 seems to be a better choice for me for slow playstyles.

AEK-971: Even micro bursting eats my ammo like hell. I feel that even two tap micro bursts waste at least 4 bullets each time. Also, the recoil is something to get used. Even if I played my fair share of the AEK in BF3, I don't feel at all like touching it now. The new map design seems to ask for overall more versatile guns.

Famas: No. I don't want to limit myself to CQ.

CZ-805: I feel more accurate with it than the AUG A3, maybe the recoil similar to the m16a3 in BF3 (up-right pull) makes it more familiar.

Sar-21: Lazer... but why would I use the SAR-21 (due to its rof limited to far medium to long range) if I can use DMRs. Still, it's dead accuracy and no recoil might move me to give it another try if I get tired of the ACE.

M16A4: The 800RPM seem very very fast despite of it being burst only. Still, a great weapon with a far more prononces right heavy recoil. Couldn't get fully used to it yet, would however only start using it medium range and further away.

ACE 23: From my perspective, hands down the best AR. Even if I always prefer guns with a recol that is far more proncounced in one direction (m416 - M16) I still like this one more than the M416 due to its slightly higher ROF. These 20 extra RPM seem to do the trick. After 500 kills with the m416, I am still more accurate with the ACE 23 @ 22.5 Accuracy at around 360 kills.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 10:29pm

FWIW I had glanced at Sheep's spreadsheet for reference, I didn't closely examine his methodology though:

sheep's methodology is wrong, and as such, that spreadsheet basically tells you nothing at all.

Date of registration
: Oct 31st 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 12:05am

sheep's methodology is wrong, and as such, that spreadsheet basically tells you nothing at all.
Interesting moriz, why those numbers for comp/heavy barrel? Also, could you provide example guns. I just hate the heavy barrel!
Hail to the king, baby!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 12:31am

Interesting moriz, why those numbers for comp/heavy barrel? Also, could you provide example guns. I just hate the heavy barrel!

use this tool:
Hitrate simulator

use the weapons comparison tool on this website to find the attachment combos that you want, and plug the numbers into the tool. set the distance, burst length, and number of runs. then click on "Run MT". this tool is a simulator that allows you to fire millions of bullets at a time to get the final accuracy values.

as for a gun example, take the ACW-R. this gun is a bit of a borderline case, in that it basically sits right on the guidelines i listed above. from data collected from the hitrater tool, at medium to long ranges, the compensator will give you slightly higher accuracy on the second and third shots only, while the heavy barrel gives you more accuracy for all other bullets in your burst.