Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 6:41pm

Is it just me or does the 0.3 spread on all the carbines make hitting a target at 100 meters pure luck? I can't really tell if I am just bad at aiming or if the spread ruins it.

In BF3 I used the SCAR-H with hbar which had a spread of 0.075. You can't even do that anymore. :<

Even the 0.2 base spread on assault rifles is very noticeable if you use an ACOG to engage targets at a "long" distance. With a heavy barrel you can still achieve 0.1 base deviation but I don't think the additional kick is worth it.

Hell, I was just using the AK-C5 with a holo sight and a magnifier and half the time the 100 meter tarkets on the shooting range just aren't falling. I can't really tell where the bullets are hitting, but I feel that I'm aiming accurately. Pretty disappointing.
And at the same time even without the hbar (havn't unlocked it) the recoil at that range makes everything other than single shots seem like a waste of ammo.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 6:54pm

Is it just me or does the 0.3 spread on all the carbines make hitting a target at 100 meters pure luck? I can't really tell if I am just bad at aiming or if the spread ruins it.

In BF3 I used the SCAR-H with hbar which had a spread of 0.075. You can't even do that anymore. :<

Even the 0.2 base spread on assault rifles is very noticeable if you use an ACOG to engage targets at a "long" distance. With a heavy barrel you can still achieve 0.1 base deviation but I don't think the additional kick is worth it.

Hell, I was just using the AK-C5 with a holo sight and a magnifier and half the time the 100 meter tarkets on the shooting range just aren't falling. I can't really tell where the bullets are hitting, but I feel that I'm aiming accurately. Pretty disappointing.
And at the same time even without the hbar (havn't unlocked it) the recoil at that range makes everything other than single shots seem like a waste of ammo.

Yeah.. no full auto at 100m without a bipod, pretty much. I do it with LMGs in a pinch sometimes because they have ammo to spare.

Since the 1x sights don't have the FOV reduction I'm used to from BF3, I use 3.4x sights if I expect a lot of engagements at 75m and up. You could also try the excellent irons on the AK 5C for a bit more FOV reduction than 1x optics.

And yeah .3 spread will make you miss sometimes at 100m, but you should still be able to hit most of those shots, especially with 670 m/s muzzle velocity.

Date of registration
: Nov 30th 2011

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 7:16pm

I'm playing BF4 on 360 (I must be some kind of savage) was wondering if the general consensus is that carbines are amazing or are the considered amazing because they're use across all kits, I play assault(medic) for the most part so I was wondering if I should stick to the assault rifles or use carbines?

Assaults generally > carbines, but the AKU-12 seemingly still has an RPM of 1000 when in burst mode. Makes it a good gun, IMO.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 7:34pm

Well I'm using the magnifier + holo sights over the irons. Best of everything. Though I have trouble with the sensitivity. What works for close range engagements totally throws me off at range. No idea how I had it set up in BF3 that I didn't had that issue.
I'll test the heavy barrel and see how that goes.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, November 8th 2013, 4:04am

After some testing the ACW-R is pretty damn good, it feels better than in beta, once the AKU gets nerfed it will become a solid choice.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 8th 2013, 4:10pm

Tested the hbar on the AK-5C, which seems to me like the ideal mid range carbine with average RoF and average vertical recoil, and it's definitely the way to go. Recoil at range is pretty controllable = net accuracy increase. Tested it the stubby grip and it worked flawlessly from the get go. Hbar definitely viable for carbines if you want to gain that extra range. Would recommend for everything except CQB setups.

Need to test this again when I unlock the ACE. If that works it looks like it'd easily become my go to Carbine.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, November 8th 2013, 4:32pm

Just unlocked Carbines, I was wondering if I should migrate my engi from PDWs to Carbines. I'm a bit confused about all the weapons we got. I used the Val on support and recon in BF3, and carbines on engi, but what could I use now ?
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Jul 4th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, November 8th 2013, 4:35pm

AK5C seems to absolutely blow everything away for me from CQB up to 200m I'm thinking. It just wreaks havoc on domination and conquest on op locker. Except for the occasional OP shotty noobs, this gun is just pure win.

I run holo + suppressor + stubby.

But a buddy of mine just unlocked M4 recently and he loves that a lot more than the AK5C. He's getting a lot more kills per match now with a higher KD per match when compared to the ak5c which he used to use exclusively.

I'll need to check that out when I unlock it.

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Friday, November 8th 2013, 4:39pm

Carbines are a way better choice than the PDWs on engineer. Besides a few good ones (UMP 9/45, CZ-3A1) most of the PDWs are just outclassed.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, November 8th 2013, 4:57pm

Thanks Pheo ^^
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite