Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 29th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 4:38am

It's been a while, but I was checking out the stats and I was wondering...

Did they nerf the AKU-12s burst fire RPM??? :S
G3A3 or bust

Gunners and passengers are just for show.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 4:39am

It's been a while, but I was checking out the stats and I was wondering...

Did they nerf the AKU-12s burst fire RPM??? :S

yes. now it's 750 RPM in burst.

Date of registration
: Jan 29th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 4:43am

So taking it off of my list of "Carry Team" weapons basically?

How's the M4 hold up to it? The recoil pattern is what's got me side eying it
G3A3 or bust

Gunners and passengers are just for show.

Date of registration
: Feb 29th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 6:08am

M4 seems to be very inconsistent for me most of the time. Sometimes it seems to mow down people, and other times it feels like it takes 4 bursts to kill someone, mainly because the recoil is causing the 3rd bullet in the burst to miss alot.

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 7:28am

I personally don't use the AKU-12's burst fire mode. I'd prefer to just fire it on full auto. As for the M4, just put on an angled grip to mitigate that third shot kick for easy follow-up bursts.

But that's just me.

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 9:55am

Quoted

No reason for that; 750 RPM's quite decent and it's got pretty low horizontal recoil, and the spread increase of a 680rpm weapon even in burst. A lot more reliable than the m4 at the cost of a little DPS.
Sincerely, Kaiser Wilhelm II

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 9:30pm

Lowering only the recoil to 0.2 and 0.4 for example would help some?

Yep. In addition to higher ROF, the ACW-R has three key advantages over the SG553: h-recoil, reload speed, and muzzle velocity, in that order of importance. The 553's advantages are weak in comparison: burst mode and v-recoil/fsm. It needs accuracy in the form of lower h-recoil to be a real competitor. As is, it is usable, but clearly a downgrade from the ACW-R.
Or a downgrade to 800rpm with less spread increase would help also maybe. Instead of making it fight with the ACWR make it fight with the ACE 21?

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 10:43pm

Yep. In addition to higher ROF, the ACW-R has three key advantages over the SG553: h-recoil, reload speed, and muzzle velocity, in that order of importance. The 553's advantages are weak in comparison: burst mode and v-recoil/fsm. It needs accuracy in the form of lower h-recoil to be a real competitor. As is, it is usable, but clearly a downgrade from the ACW-R.
Or a downgrade to 800rpm with less spread increase would help also maybe. Instead of making it fight with the ACWR make it fight with the ACE 21?

Not necessary in my eyes, I like the 830 RPM personally. For one, it's almost equidistant between the ACE 21 and ACW-R, so it has its own niche where it is now; also, we already have the M4 and A-91 (another gun with recoil issues) at 800.

The spread increase / RPM balance they struck is pretty good, so any change in one and corresponding change in the other is just about a wash, which is to say reducing the RPM and spread inc would not remedy the problems of a low muzzle velocity, 0.8 h-recoil gun with mediocre reloads. The reason a lot of low-RPM weapons are accurate is not only their low spread increase but also their low horizontal recoil: AK series, Type 95, QBB etc are pretty good for this reason. By contrast, the 650RPM G36c is shitty and not controllable or accurate despite its low RPM and low spread inc because it has a giant 0.6 net h-recoil. Even the 770 RPM ACE 21 has 0.4, half of the SG553, so there wouldn't be much competition there either.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "graedus" (Feb 5th 2014, 10:48pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 10:48pm

oops double post

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 10:53pm

Not necessary in my eyes, I like the 830 RPM personally. For one, it's almost equidistant between the ACE 21 and ACW-R, so it has its own niche where it is now; also, we already have the M4 and A-91 (another gun with recoil issues) at 800.

The spread increase / RPM balance they struck is pretty much on the money, so any change in one and corresponding change in the other is a wash, which is to say reducing the RPM would not remedy the problems of a low muzzle velocity, 0.8 h-recoil gun with mediocre reloads. The reason a lot of low-RPM weapons are accurate is not only their low spread increase but also their low horizontal recoil: AK series, Type 95, QBB etc are pretty good for this reason. By contrast, the 650RPM G36c is shitty and not controllable or accurate despite its low RPM and low spread inc because it has a giant 0.6 net h-recoil. Even the 770 RPM ACE 21 has 0.4, half of the SG553, so there wouldn't be much competition there either.
Maybe the ACWR is to good then? I am still surprised they increased the RPM of that gun when it also got 25 damage upclose and kept the same fast reload.

Also i was taking a look at the A91 and you could directly compare it to the MTAR really. Same kind of gun.
And there is really no point to the A91. MTAR has less H recoil, faster reload, faster bullet speed and higher RPM. Only the FSM is worse. DICE should see that also.